Redmi 9A Vs Redmi 8A: Complete List Of Upgrades
The Xiaomi Redmi 9A is now official in India and from that arises a lot questions. A popular one being how the device compares to the Redmi 8A. We have made a detailed specification comparison to answer all those questions.
Highlights of the Story
- The Redmi 9A is powered by the Helio G25 SoC and the Redmi 8A is powered by the Snapdragon 439
- Redmi 9A packs a 5020 mAh battery with 10W fast charging support while the Redmi 8A packs a 5000 mAh battery with standard charger
The Redmi 9A runs on Android 10 OS which is paired with MIUI 12 on top. On the other hand, the Redmi 8A runs on Android 9 Pie OS with MIUI 10 on top. Furthermore, the Xiaomi Redmi 9A features a 6.53-inch HD+ LCD Dot Drop display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. On the other hand, the Redmi 8A features an HD+ display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels.
On the processor front, the Redmi 9A is powered by the MediaTek Helio G25 SoC paired with up to 3GB of RAM. However, the Redmi 8A is powered by the Snapdragon 439 chipset paired with 3GB of RAM as well.
For photos and videos, the Redmi 9A has a single 13-megapixel rear sensor. On the other hand, the Redmi 8A has a 12-megapixel rear sensor. On the front, there is a 5-megapixel selfie shooter on the Remi 9A as opposed to the 8-megapixel sensor on the Redmi 8A.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Launched In India
Furthermore, the Redmi 9A has a massive 5020 mAh battery along with 10W fast charging support. On the other hand, the Redmi 8A packs a 5000 mAh battery that comes with a standard charger.
One important thing to note is that while the Redmi 9A has a fingerprint scanner, the Redmi 8A does not. That is a major factor as well that decides the smartphone buying decisions of people.
Xiaomi Redmi 9A vs Xiaomi Redmi 8A: Price
The Redmi 9A price in India has been set at Rs 6,999 for the 2GB/32GB variant. The 3GB/32GB variant is priced at Rs 7,499. Furthermore, the entry-level smartphone is available in Midnight Black, Sea Blue and Nature Green color options.
The Redmi 8A price in India starts from Rs 6,999 as well. The smartphone is available in three color options too. While the Midnight Black is the common color option between the two devices, the 8A has Ocean Blue and Sunset Red as the other two options.
The takeaway here is that both the entry-level devices are really good for the price that they come in. However, the Redmi 9A is better in terms of performance because of the MediaTek Helio G25 in it. Also, there is a rear mounted fingerprint scanner in the device unlike the absence of any in the 8A. Therefore, the Xiaomi Redmi 9A is a better option to go for as it is also priced the same as the Redmi 8A and not higher.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…