iPhone 11 Pro Max Review
- 3969 mAh
- iOS v13.0
- 6.5 inches
The iPhone 11 Pro Max includes an undefeated battery. Best performance yet. A beautiful, almost indistinguishable glass body. It may also be with reverse wireless charging hardware. There is no doubt about this. But is this the best iPhone yet?
This thing is a beauty. The very first thing you notice is the glass back. The frosted matte finish makes it appear semi-opaque, giving it a depth of whimsical illusion. It was great to see. Even the controversial, Compound-Eye camera bump does not spoil its beauty. The iPhone 11 Pro Max is the best looking iPhone to date, and we love it.
But don’t be fooled by the familiar design. This year’s refresh makes it all the better about Apple’s most expensive handset. It is faster, stronger, and more water-resistant. It packs the best display you can find on the phone and the best camera you can use. The battery lasts forever. Is its colossal price tag worth it? Sure, for iPhone lovers.
Unlike the entry-level iPhone 11, which receives a welcome price reduction, the 11 Pro Max costs the same as its predecessor. You pay Rs 1,09,900 for a 64GB model, Rs 1,29,900 for a 256GB model or Rs 1,41,900 for a 512GB model.
Those prices did not appear to have outpaced the iPhone XS Max last year; It was not sold alongside the iPhone XR, but it was trendy. Now you get a lot more for your money.
It is available in Midnight Green, Space Grey, Silver and Gold, each with a matching polished steel frame.
- iPhone with iOS 13
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to USB cable
- 5W USB Fast Charging Power Adapter
Here’s what the device has to offer:
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED, 2688×1242
- CPU: A13 system-on-a-chip
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP wide-angle lens with a ƒ/1.8 aperture, 12MP ƒ/2.4 aperture ultra-wide-angle lens
- Selfie Camera: 12MP front camera
- Battery: 3969mAh, 5W charging power
- Security: Face ID
This year the iPhone design has changed a little bit, and we are okay with it. Some of the changes made by Apple are excellent improvements to what we already consider to be a stunning design.
The 11 Pro Max is more water-resistant than its predecessor, and it’s tough, thanks to Apple’s claim that it’s the most durable glass ever used on a smartphone. The rear panel now has a matte finish, which looks fantastic, especially in Space Gray. It may be our favorite case material so far.
Unfortunately, that finish does not add a significant grip, so you still want a case if you dared to go low on the case! But this is glass! I won’t risk it! But it looks great, and it’s not a fingerprint magnet like the shiny glass we got before.
The Apple logo behind this year’s iPhone series is perfectly centered, and the iPhone branding elsewhere has been removed. Moreover, you won’t find any writing anywhere on 11 Pro Max.
However, you will find a considerable camera bulge. It is ballooned to suit the rear-facing lens, and you can’t miss it. The compound-eye aesthetic gives it some heebie-jeebies, but we like it. It looks beneficial. It indicates that the iPhone is a severe part of picture-taking hardware.
If you do not like it, you will soon become accustomed. You pay the price for the camera improvements that a third lens brings (more on that later). But it is not the only big thing.
The 11 Pro Max is thicker, taller, and broader than the XS Max. And it is huge at 7.97 ounces – from 7.34 ounces. These do not seem to be overstuffed on paper, but they are noticeable.
Apple has also moved the iPhone’s mute switch and physical buttons. They have all moved a little down, so they are a little easier to reach now. Anti-buttons also make accidental screenshots a bit more complicated.
None of these are particularly significant changes. But that does not mean that your XS Max cases are not suitable for 11 Pro Max.
The Notch doesn’t go away anytime soon, and it’s just as significant as other models. It features a 3D TOF sensor, earpiece that doubles as a speaker, a new 12MP selfie cam, and other sensors for the right tone, brightness, and proximity.
Combine high RGB sub-pixel counterparts with the same size of Pentail OLED displays, each with color calibration and handling, true tone ambient temperature matching, and the Apple Liquid Retina look even better.
The iPhone 11 Pro Max packs the first XDR display even on an Apple iPhone. It is a Super Retina XDR display, to be exact, and it’s stunning.
You get the same OLED technology found on the XS Max, but it’s even better now. It has an incredible 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (from 1,000,000:1 on the XS Max), and reaches a maximum of 800 nits (up from 625 nits).
The Super Retina XDR display is even brighter when you’re watching HDR photos or watching 4K HDR movies – up to 1,200 nits. Still, it’s 15% more efficient than last year’s Super Retina screen, so it’s suitable for your battery.
Other features, such as True Tone, support for the P3 wide color gamut and HDR10, and Tap-to-Wake will return this year. 3D Touch calls Apple the haptic touch.
The haptic touch works precisely the same way and gives you the same functionality you used. It is not stress-sensitive. So, instead of using a solid press, you press and hold. It is a bit clever when you want to move or delete apps on the home screen – you sometimes bring haptic touch menus instead-butut if you catch them, the icons start moving.
Whatever you do, the A13 makes for a wonderfully smooth and tranquil experience, but it doesn’t feel faster than its predecessor. Put the 11 Pro Max and an XS Max side by side, and you’ll see the same performance from both.
That will change when developers fully utilize the extra power of the A13. This time the A13 brings other things you enjoy.
Apple’s newest chip uses 40% less power than the A12, offers 38% faster Wi-Fi 6, and packs an additional 1GB of RAM (for a total of 4GB). It makes multitasking and switching between multiple tabs in Safari a more seamless experience.
There is also a new U1 chip, which uses a particular ultra-wideband radio, which allows the 11 Pro Max to determine its position compared to other U1 devices. What does it mean?
Well, when sharing a file via AirDrop in iOS 13.1, for example, U1 lets you point your device at another iPhone 11 user. And that’s just the beginning.
When the U1 chip enters other devices – such as the rumored “Apple Tag” trackers – it makes it easier than ever to find lost objects. You can’t see when those items are near; The iPhone 11 can drive you towards them.
The newest iPhones always come with the latest Apple iOS and the iPhone 11 series. We received the iOS 13.1 update on September 24th, and they all run on the box in iOS 13, even when installed.
IOS 13 is another major update of the iPhone OS, a new system-wide dark theme, improvements to battery life and charging, and updates some default apps with new looks and features – Photos, Maps, Reminders. Signing in with Apple ID is part of iOS 13, and has more precise control over location access.
Apple has introduced the iOS 13 system-wide dark mode. You can enable it in display settings, and it will turn to dark all-white themes across iOS. Dark mode affects all system applications, but also applications that rely on system backgrounds. It saves you some battery because the screen shines less.
You can always choose between On or Automatic. The latter means you can schedule the Dark mode manually or pick from Dark to Sunset or vice versa.
Siri – Apple’s digital assistant, which you can use by holding the ‘side’ key (power key), is continually evolving for all machine learning improvements, and iOS 13 introduces a new voice with more natural speech.
Siri Shortcuts were introduced as part of IRI 12, but now they are available as standalone shortcuts. There are several things you can assign to the shortcut, and it takes many pages to explain them. You can script anything possible on iOS itself, a lot of stuff from system apps, and some advanced actions from popular apps like YouTube or Facebook.
The scripting option provides early applications, select the menu from the Settings, Exit the app, If and repeat, Get different statistics, Adjust different settings, Turn on or off anything, Calculate, Measure, Get network details and Whatnot.
You can request different types of files – from the latest imports to images, different kinds of images, screenshots, open PDFs, editing notes, print, QR scans, and more.
The new Photos app also offers a new editing mode – more powerful and easier to use. You can see what the photo looks like before and after editing, Intensity Slider is available in many places, new options like vibrancy, definition, noise, new filters.
Similar to videos, the Photos app has a powerful video editor. One can adjust exposure, highlights, contrast, saturation, and brightness as per his preferences.
You may not notice a significant difference in speed or angle in everyday use, but suffice to say, it’s fast and seamless.
The biggest reason for the upgrade this year is the iPhone 11 Pro Max’s new triple camera system. It gets you a wide, ultra-wide, and telephoto lens equipped with a 12-megapixel sensor – which enables the best photos and videos you’ve ever gotten on the phone.
The new, ultra-wide lens is impressive. It allows you to capture up to four times more in one frame, and it makes stunning landscape photos. Taking pictures in tight spaces is also easy when you have no space to create distance between you and your subject. The addition of a wide-angle lens is genius. It is an excellent addition to taking a daily photo. And, for us, it’s more useful than a telephoto lens, which we didn’t use much. In contrast, we used the ultra-wide lens to click every image.
Other lenses have also been improved, and the True Tone Flash is brighter. Apple poses in the new image signal processor, allowing the next generation of smart HDR and night mode.
The Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Front-facing camera is not overlooked. It packs a 12-megapixel sensor (from 7-megapixels), which means you can enjoy 4K video recording and slow-motion at 24 frames per second.
The new ultra-wide camera allows you to zoom out from the usual 1x to 0.5x of a traditional wide-angle lens. It means you can pick up more scenes; You toggle between two lenses by pressing a button in the Camera app. Transition uses some crazy machine-learning-drive techniques to make the transition seamless and helps you understand when to use which lens and when.
The camera app interface is jazzed to support ultra-wide. The Wide-Angle Preview looks familiar to you from the moment you launch, but now with both sides transparent, the Ultra-Wide Angle Camera is an indication of what to look for. Not a simulation, but a real, real-time combination from a real camera, because this iPhone’s silicon system looks good – and ridiculously powerful – like that.
There is good optical light sensitivity to start with the new cameras. When Night Mode is engaged, it is as automatic as Flash. So much so that it’s almost unfortunate that Apple calls it Night Mode because it’s not a separate mode. As the light drops, Night Mode begins to arrive.
You see its small icon yellow to the right of the flash, and then, depending on how dark it is, it shows the number from 1 to 3, indicating how many seconds you want to hold the photo.
If it’s too dark, it returns to Flash, and if you hate the idea of Night Mode, you’re optically enthusiastic, you can press and turn the icon, do as you can with Flash.
If you have a tripod or you can still make your iPhone 11 Pro Max dead, Night Mode also allows you to take up to 28 seconds more exposure, which brings out the star and every detail of the skyline.
More efficient components and larger battery mean the 11 Pro Max offers the best battery life you can get from an iPhone. It lasts five hours longer than the XS Max in between fares. Battery life on the previous iPhone was already pretty good, but now it’s bonkers.
The battery life has dramatically leaped. The chances of you draining the 11 Pro Max by the end of the day are narrow. Depending on phone usage, the battery can last a full day and longer.
When you need to top-up, the iPhone’s fast charging capabilities get you a 50% charge in just 30 minutes. And Apple finally began shipping 18-watt fast charging adapters with the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max.
The iPhone 11 Pro Max has stereo speakers similar to the iPhone 11 Pro and XR. The earpiece acts as the second, while the first speaker is at the bottom. The output is very balanced, and we only noticed the lack of earpieces in the bass compared to the lower primary, but its noise seemed to be equal.
Apple says these speakers support territorial audio and subjectively sound less directional and more spatial compared to other phones.
Apple says the A13 chip, along with improved front-facing sensors, can speed up Face ID by 30%. In most cases, your iPhone will be unlocked before you have time to notice it happening.
Face ID works from a long distance and now also from more angles. So, you no longer need to put your iPhone directly in front of your face. You can unlock it when you place it on your desk.
All iPhone 11 phones support Face ID, and you can add a second face as an alternative image option.
- Glossy back, sturdy water-resistant design.
- Excellent brightness and contrast.
- Apple A13 Bionic is a beast.
- Excellent battery life, fast charging support.
- Stereo speakers with excellent quality.
- Smooth user experience.
- The primary camera produces outstanding photos; Night Mode works as advertised.
- Amazing video quality and stabilization.
- Excellent selfie photo.
- The calibration between the two snappers is excellent and allows for Crop Outside Frame, simultaneous video capturing, and smooth switching during recording.
- We miss the zooming through the telephoto camera.
- It’s priced really on the expensive side.
6 Month ReviewsView All
Latest ReviewsView All
Tips & TricksView All
- EA’s FIFA is hands down the biggest football franchise in the realm of PC and Console gaming. Moreover, a mobile version called FIFA Mobile is there as well and is the most popular football mobile game on the Google Play Store. The game uses virtual currency called FIFA Points to allow players to purchase exciting…
- Face Swapping is a new feature, made possible by the ever-evolving technology and artificial intelligence. There are many new face swap apps available nowadays that allow varieties of face swap features, but which one is the best face swap app, that is a question. Each application offers a different kind of face swap, like a…
- Are you looking for some amazing apps to watch free live TV on your Android smartphone in India? Many apps make it possible for consumers to view their favourite shows and movies for free. You don’t need to pay any subscription fees to use the free tv apps; simply download and start watching your favourite…
- iPhone 13 launched last month after its title as one of the most awaited smartphones of the year. Now the devices are available for purchase in India. However, do not get disappointed or worried seeing its prices. We will talk about some Apple iPhone deals you can grab this Diwali season. Although it might not…
- The Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021 event went official on October 17, 2021. The first half of the sale ended on October 23, 2021. Now, finally the sale is making a comeback on October 28 and there will be multiple offers on smartphones. Moreover, the sale will go on till November 3 so, there is…
First ImpressionsView All
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- Mi 11 Lite First Impressions - Is it the best under 20000?