US Senate Panel Approves Ban On Using TikTok On Government Devices
The “No TikTok on Government Device” Act from Senator Josh Hawley has got passed by the US Senate Committee.
Highlights of the Story
- Taking a step from preventing confidential data leakage, “No TikTok on Government Device Act” was passed in US Senate.
- US federal employees would be barred from using Chinese manufactured and regulated TikTok as the US senate obligates this could be hazardous to their national security.
US federal employees will be refrained from using the Chinese grown video making app – TikTok on the government-issued gadgets. The regulation has been passed in the bill by US Senate Committee on July 22. The senate was afraid that such apps are potential enough to fetch the user’s data.
TikTok App Ban in US Senate
The movement of TikTok App ban in the US Senate was first proposed by Senator Josh Hawley that got passed unanimously by the US Senate Committee as a step towards Homeland security and Government external affairs.
TikTok’s wide popularity amongst teens comprise 60% of its 26.5 million monthly active US-based users have urged scrutiny from the US government officials and lawmakers. They drive such acts out of the fear of potential confidential and personal data leakage to Chinese government officials.
The threat becomes more complex and strong when they came to know that according to the Chinese ordinance passed in 2017, companies should support the fullest in the country’s intelligence tasks.
The top officials in the US cabinet have claimed that the government will soon be going to take a major step on the ban on Chinese originated mobile applications like the act done by India. The supporting statement in Company’s trust was made by the US spokesperson of TikTok, saying, “Company’s growing US team has no higher priority than promoting a safe app experience that protects users’ privacy. Millions of American families use TikTok for entertainment and creative expression, which we recognize is not what federal government devices are for”.
Surely, the act of TikTok App Ban in the US Senate is the start in response to the growing tension between China and America.
Also read: Mobile Mic Repair
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…