US Senate Panel Approves Ban On Using TikTok On Government Devices
The “No TikTok on Government Device” Act from Senator Josh Hawley has got passed by the US Senate Committee.
Highlights of the Story
- Taking a step from preventing confidential data leakage, “No TikTok on Government Device Act” was passed in US Senate.
- US federal employees would be barred from using Chinese manufactured and regulated TikTok as the US senate obligates this could be hazardous to their national security.
US federal employees will be refrained from using the Chinese grown video making app – TikTok on the government-issued gadgets. The regulation has been passed in the bill by US Senate Committee on July 22. The senate was afraid that such apps are potential enough to fetch the user’s data.
TikTok App Ban in US Senate
The movement of TikTok App ban in the US Senate was first proposed by Senator Josh Hawley that got passed unanimously by the US Senate Committee as a step towards Homeland security and Government external affairs.
TikTok’s wide popularity amongst teens comprise 60% of its 26.5 million monthly active US-based users have urged scrutiny from the US government officials and lawmakers. They drive such acts out of the fear of potential confidential and personal data leakage to Chinese government officials.
The threat becomes more complex and strong when they came to know that according to the Chinese ordinance passed in 2017, companies should support the fullest in the country’s intelligence tasks.
The top officials in the US cabinet have claimed that the government will soon be going to take a major step on the ban on Chinese originated mobile applications like the act done by India. The supporting statement in Company’s trust was made by the US spokesperson of TikTok, saying, “Company’s growing US team has no higher priority than promoting a safe app experience that protects users’ privacy. Millions of American families use TikTok for entertainment and creative expression, which we recognize is not what federal government devices are for”.
Surely, the act of TikTok App Ban in the US Senate is the start in response to the growing tension between China and America.
Also read: Mobile Mic Repair
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G
- OnePlus 9R Vs iPhone XR Vs iPhone 12 Full Comparison: Which One To Buy?
- Vivo X60 Pro Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus
- Hey guys, this article is all about the most frequently asked questions or say FAQ’s about the talk of the town, OnePlus 9R. 1. Does it have Gcam support? – Since, the GCAM on OnePlus 9R comes with just LEVEL 3 Hardware support, it means you do get GCAM support but certain features are limited.…