US Senate Panel Approves Ban On Using TikTok On Government Devices
The “No TikTok on Government Device” Act from Senator Josh Hawley has got passed by the US Senate Committee.
Table Of Contents
- 1TikTok App Ban in US Senate
Highlights of the Story
- Taking a step from preventing confidential data leakage, “No TikTok on Government Device Act” was passed in US Senate.
- US federal employees would be barred from using Chinese manufactured and regulated TikTok as the US senate obligates this could be hazardous to their national security.
US federal employees will be refrained from using the Chinese grown video making app – TikTok on the government-issued gadgets. The regulation has been passed in the bill by US Senate Committee on July 22. The senate was afraid that such apps are potential enough to fetch the user’s data.
TikTok App Ban in US Senate
The movement of TikTok App ban in the US Senate was first proposed by Senator Josh Hawley that got passed unanimously by the US Senate Committee as a step towards Homeland security and Government external affairs.
TikTok’s wide popularity amongst teens comprise 60% of its 26.5 million monthly active US-based users have urged scrutiny from the US government officials and lawmakers. They drive such acts out of the fear of potential confidential and personal data leakage to Chinese government officials.
The threat becomes more complex and strong when they came to know that according to the Chinese ordinance passed in 2017, companies should support the fullest in the country’s intelligence tasks.
The top officials in the US cabinet have claimed that the government will soon be going to take a major step on the ban on Chinese originated mobile applications like the act done by India. The supporting statement in Company’s trust was made by the US spokesperson of TikTok, saying, “Company’s growing US team has no higher priority than promoting a safe app experience that protects users’ privacy. Millions of American families use TikTok for entertainment and creative expression, which we recognize is not what federal government devices are for”.
Surely, the act of TikTok App Ban in the US Senate is the start in response to the growing tension between China and America.
Also read: Mobile Mic Repair
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.