US Senate Panel Approves Ban On Using TikTok On Government Devices
The “No TikTok on Government Device” Act from Senator Josh Hawley has got passed by the US Senate Committee.
Highlights of the Story
- Taking a step from preventing confidential data leakage, “No TikTok on Government Device Act” was passed in US Senate.
- US federal employees would be barred from using Chinese manufactured and regulated TikTok as the US senate obligates this could be hazardous to their national security.
US federal employees will be refrained from using the Chinese grown video making app – TikTok on the government-issued gadgets. The regulation has been passed in the bill by US Senate Committee on July 22. The senate was afraid that such apps are potential enough to fetch the user’s data.
TikTok App Ban in US Senate
The movement of TikTok App ban in the US Senate was first proposed by Senator Josh Hawley that got passed unanimously by the US Senate Committee as a step towards Homeland security and Government external affairs.
TikTok’s wide popularity amongst teens comprise 60% of its 26.5 million monthly active US-based users have urged scrutiny from the US government officials and lawmakers. They drive such acts out of the fear of potential confidential and personal data leakage to Chinese government officials.
The threat becomes more complex and strong when they came to know that according to the Chinese ordinance passed in 2017, companies should support the fullest in the country’s intelligence tasks.
The top officials in the US cabinet have claimed that the government will soon be going to take a major step on the ban on Chinese originated mobile applications like the act done by India. The supporting statement in Company’s trust was made by the US spokesperson of TikTok, saying, “Company’s growing US team has no higher priority than promoting a safe app experience that protects users’ privacy. Millions of American families use TikTok for entertainment and creative expression, which we recognize is not what federal government devices are for”.
Surely, the act of TikTok App Ban in the US Senate is the start in response to the growing tension between China and America.
Also read: Mobile Mic Repair
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.