Creating the perfect Instagram story can be a time-taking task, especially for someone like me. From filters to captions, stickers, emojis, etc., there are a lot of things that you can add to your stories to make them more attractive. Furthermore, you can also mention or tag people in your Instagram story.
But there are times when while posting a story, you accidentally miss tagging people, or you might end up tagging the wrong username. In that case, is it possible to edit the story once published? Walk through this article to find the answer.
Can You Tag People In Instagram Story After Publishing It?
Instagram story is available for the users to view for 24 hours. After that, it automatically gets removed. However, if you wish to keep these stories on your profile permanently, you can create Highlights. These highlights appear just below your Bio, and users can view them anytime they open your profile.
Unfortunately, as of now, there is no such option as editing the story once it is published. Whatever story you put is the final one, and if you wish to change something about it or tag people in it, you need to delete the story and put another one again.
Also, check out this reel to learn more about how to tag anyone in Instagram stories after publishing it.
Tag Anyone In Instagram Story When Posting
When you tag people in your Instagram story, they receive a notification for the same, and hence, there are fewer chances of your story being missed out by specific people. Here’s how to do it:
- Once you have selected the story and are in the editor interface, you will see the “Aa” icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on it. Now, you are in text editing mode. Type the “@” symbol, and look for the username you wish to tag. Once you find the specific name, tap on it. And click on Done.
- Instagram will highlight the username with an underline.
- Just next to the “Aa” icon, you will find the “Sticker” icon. Click on it.
- There, you will see the option “Mention”. Tap on it and select the username you wish to tag in your story and finally click on Done.
Tagging People In Instagram Posts
Other than stories, Instagram also gives you the option to tag people in your posts. The best part is you can edit them even after posting.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the post you wish to edit.
- Then, click on the three-dot on the top-right corner of your post.
- In the options that appear, click on “Edit”.
- Now, on the photo, you will find the option “Tag people”. Click on it and start typing the username you want to mention in your post. You can also type the “@” username in the caption to mention that person.
- Finally, click on Done. The respective person will then be tagged in your post.
Mention People In Instagram Comments
Another way to mention people in your Instagram post is by adding them in the comments.
- Go to your post. Then click on the Comment icon.
- Then, type the “@” symbol and the username you wish to tag.
- Once you find the specific username, click on it. Finally, hit the send button.
You can also add multiple usernames in the same comment.
Adding Hashtags In The Post
Hashtags are added to a post to increase its reach and reach out to a specific group of people. You can use up to 30 hashtags in one Instagram post. You can also add hashtags in the comment section of your post. Just type “#,” and Instagram will suggest you a number of hashtags. Tap on the one that is relevant to your post and click on done. You can also create your own hashtag there.