WhatsApp has become one of the most used and downloaded messaging apps worldwide. The Facebook-owned app offers great features like voice/video calling, last-seen availability of your contacts, sharing media files, and many more. One of the other features that makes it more likeable is the live location sharing option or sending your current GPS location. The messaging app added this feature a long time back for both Android and iOS platforms. In case you are still unaware, it allows you to share your live location in real-time with your contacts or acquaintances.
But often, due to unavoidable reasons, we encounter unforeseen issues and are late for meetings, especially with close friends or in the workplace. In those situations, you might want to share a different or fake location to avoid these circumstances or protect your privacy. So, in this post, we will look at how you can send fake GPS locations on WhatsApp to any of your contacts or known people.
How To Share Live Location on WhatsApp?
Before we learn how to send a fake location on WhatsApp, we must first learn how to send someone your current GPS location on WhatsApp. You can send someone your live location via these easy steps.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and then select the chat screen of any desired contact.
- Then, tap on the share button, which is located beside the typing area.
- After that, select Send your current location. Now, your current live GPS location will be sent to the recipient.
So with these easy steps, you can easily send your current location to any person through WhatsApp.
How To Send Fake Location on WhatsApp?
Now that you have learnt how to send someone your current location through WhatsApp, we now begin to learn as to how you can easily send someone a fake location via WhatsApp. Do note, that this method works for Android smartphones only as of now.
- First, open the Google Play Store app on your Android smartphone and then search for fake GPS location.
- Next, download the Fake GPS app and leave the Google Play Store after that.
- After that, go to your Android smartphone’s settings and the About phone section.
- Now, go to the software information tab and tap on the build number seven times.
- Now, developer options will be enabled on your smartphone. To open it, go to the System tab in the settings and click on Developer options.
- In the Developer Options, search for Mock location. Now, in the mock location app tab, select the Fake GPS app you had earlier installed.
- After this, open the Fake GPS app from the app drawer of your smartphone and then select any location of your choice by dragging the cursor to any random location.
- Now, tap on the green play icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
After completing all of these steps, if you select your current location on WhatsApp, it will automatically select the fake mock location. Send that to the desired contact, and then a random bogus location will be sent to the recipient.
Also Read: How To Send Large Video Files On WhatsApp?
So there you have it. With all these steps, you can send a fake or bogus location to anyone through WhatsApp. By following all of these steps, you can even send a live fake location of yours, if some one is persisnetly asking for your current location, without your consent.
Sadly, on iOS-based devices such as the iPhone and iPad, you will need to jailbreak your smartphone or rely on some paid apps to perform this action. We don’t recommend jailbreaking your iOS-based smartphone, hence you must use paid apps such as iTool Lab Any Go to perform this action. Nonetheless for your Android smartphones, you can follow the above steps, without much hassle.