How To Use WhatsApp On Computer Without WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging platform globally and is available for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and on web browsers using WhatsApp web. The web version is the easiest method to use WhatsApp on a laptop or desktop, but here are a few better alternatives to run WhatsApp on your computer.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is the biggest instant messaging platform with cross-platform support.
- WhatsApp can be accessed on a laptop or desktop using WhatsApp web on a browser.
- Alternatively, you can choose to install WhatsApp App directly on your Windows/macOS laptop or use an Android Emulator to use WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most used cross-platform instant message application with support for images, audio, calls, and more. WhatsApp is mainly available for mobile platforms, but it can also be easily accessed on a computer using WhatsApp Web. While this might look like a perfect solution to many, there are a few constraints while using the WhatsApp Web platform.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
This web application requires you to have and maintain an active internet connection on both the mobile and the computer. This is because all the messages we send on the WhatsApp Web portal are routed through your mobile phone before being sent to the end receiver. This can potentially delay the delivery of the messages to a small extent, and it also means that smartphones need an active internet connection for the web application to work.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Photos From WhatsApp?
Method 1: Downloading WhatsApp Native App For Windows or macOS
In case you are not interested in accessing WhatsApp using an Internet browser. There is another way where you can download WhatsApp app on your Windows or macOS system from Microsoft Store or Apple App Store. The only requirement here is that WhatsApp supports only Windows 8.1 (or higher) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer).
Also Read: How To Type In Hindi On WhatsApp!
Here’s how to install WhatsApp on your system:
Step 1: Download WhatsApp for Windows or macOS from here
Step 2: Once the download is complete, a .exe file will be downloaded for Windows, or a .dmg file will be downloaded for macOS.
Step 3: Open the file and complete the installation process.
Step 4: Once the installation is complete and execute the application on your system for the first time, it will show you a QR code to set up WhatsApp
Step 5: Now, open WhatsApp app on your smartphone and go to WhatsApp Web to start scanning the QR code for authentication.
Step 6: Now scan the QR code, and WhatsApp is ready to be used on your PC
Now anytime you receive any WhatsApp message, you don’t need to access a browser to check for messages. Now all messages will arrive until the app is running on the system.
Method 2: Using BlueStacks Emulator
If you are looking for an alternative solution without actually requiring a WhatsApp installation on your mobile phone, then luckily, there is still a workaround for this.
There are several Android emulators in the market available for Windows, which you can download to install and run the Android applications of your choice. One of the best and easiest to install among these is BlueStacks Emulator.
BlueStacks is almost a 10-year-old Android emulator that has developed excellent solutions such as the BlueStacks App player and several other cloud-based products. This particular article deals with the product called the BlueStacks App Player, which allows you to emulate Android applications on your Windows PC or Laptop. This software is also available on the macOS for the people who use macOS.
Both the Windows and the macOS versions of the software work independently without the need for any additional devices. However, in the case of WhatsApp, you will need your mobile SIM inserted in a phone during the Setup process to ensure you receive the OTP and use it to register a new account.
BlueStacks App Player can also be used for many other applications. For example, you can use it for other Android applications such as Telegram, Instagram, or even games such as Asphalt, PUBG Mobile, etc. However, it is important to note that the performance of this emulator will depend greatly on the performance of the computer that it is installed on.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
Applications on the emulator that require a lot of computing resources and graphic processing might suffer to an extent. However, in this situation, we are only installing WhatsApp, which is overall pretty well optimised to work on low-end smartphones and should have no issues working on most computers.
How to setup WhatsApp using BlueStacks Emulator:
- Go to the link and Download the latest version of BlueStacks App Player
- After successful download go ahead with the installation process of the BlueStacks App Player on your PC or Laptop
- Open the App Store on the BlueStacks App Player, this allows you to download external applications on your emulator easily
- Look for WhatsApp and download the application on the BlueStacks App Player
- When you first open the WhatsApp application on your BlueStacks app player you will be asked to complete the signup formalities
- Enter your mobile number and complete the registration to get access to WhatsApp without a QR Code
- Add the contacts that you have to the BlueStacks App Player in the Contacts application
- Initiate a new chat by tapping on the icon in the top right or reply easily to the existing conversations
Note: it is essential to note that a given mobile number can only be used one device at a time. If you already have the WhatsApp account for your number registered on a Phone, then you will either have to stop using it over there or get a new WhatsApp number on the BlueStacks App Player for proper functionality.
Also Read: Top Camera Smartphones.
This is a simple way of installing and using WhatsApp on a computer easily without having to Scan a QR code and without any additional devices. Moreover, the BlueStacks emulator works efficiently and allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages directly from your phone without directing them through your phone, as in the case of WhatsApp Web.
Update July 2021: WhatsApp is working on a native solution that will allow users to run WhatsApp on Windows and macOS without using the smartphone as the bridge to send and receive messages. Even the chats and all the data would be synced across all devices, and you could use WhatsApp on multiple devices. The update has started to roll out for beta testers and should arrive for all users soon.
Also Read: 10 Best WhatsApp Emoji Apps For Android & iOS.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…