How To Use WhatsApp On Computer Without WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging platform in the world with perhaps the largest reach. This platform is available for Android, and iOS, WhatsApp is also available on computers and laptops using the WhatsApp Web service. However, for this option to work it is important that both, the computer, and the mobile phone running WhatsApp need to be active with an internet connection. While this might be okay for most people, there are times people want to run WhatsApp from their Laptop or computer, here is how you can do that.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is the biggest instant messaging platform with cross-platform support
- WhatsApp can be accessed on a computer with an active internet connection by scanning the QR code on the web using the phone
- You can alternatively choose to install WhatsApp directly on your laptop but there is no official way of doing the same
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most used cross-platform instant message application with support for images, audio, calls, and more. WhatsApp is mainly available for mobile platforms but it can also be easily accessed on a computer using WhatsApp Web. While this might look like a perfect solution to many, there are a few constraints while using the WhatsApp Web portal.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
This web application requires you to have and maintain an active internet connection on both the mobile and the computer. All the messages that we send on the WhatsApp Web portal are then routed through your mobile phone before being sent to the end receiver. This can potentially delay the delivery of the messages to a small extent, it also means that smartphones need an active internet connection for the web application to work.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Photos From WhatsApp?
Here are some alternative methods to WhatsApp web, have a look at these.
Method 1: Downloading WhatsApp Platform on Windows/Mac PC
In case you are not interested in accessing WhatsApp using an Internet browser. There is another way where you can download WhatsApp on your Windows or macOS system from the Apple App Store or the Microsoft Store. The only requirement here is that WhatsApp supports only Windows 8.1 (or higher) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer).
Also Read: How To Type In Hindi On WhatsApp!
Here’s how to install WhatsApp on your system:
Step 1: Visit the download page of WhatsApp from here
Step 2: Download the file for your correct platform, an .exe file will be downloaded for Windows and .dmg file will be downloaded for macOS.
Step 3: Open the file and complete the installation process.
Step 4: Once the installation is complete and when you run the application on your system, it will show you a QR code to setup WhatsApp
Step 5: Now, open WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to WhatsApp Web to start scanning the QR code for authentication.
Step 6: Now scan the QR code and WhatsApp is ready to be used on your PC
Now anytime you receive any WhatsApp message you don’t need to access a browser to check for messages. Now all messages will arrive until the app is running on the system.
Method 2: Using BlueStacks Emulator
If you are looking for an alternative solution without actually requiring a WhatsApp installation on your mobile phone then luckily there is still a workaround for this. There are several Android emulators in the market available for Windows which you can download to install and run the Android applications of your choice. One of the best and easiest to install among these are BlueStacks Emulator.
BlueStacks is almost a 10-year-old Android emulator that has developed amazing solutions such as the BlueStacks App player and several other cloud-based products. This particular article deals with the product called the BlueStacks App Player which allows you to emulate Android applications on your Windows PC or Laptop. This software is also available on the macOS for the people who use Apple Computers.
Both, the Windows, and the macOS versions of the software work independently without the need for any additional devices. However, in the case of WhatsApp, you will need your mobile SIM inserted in a phone during the Setup process to ensure you receive the OTP and use it to register a new account.
BlueStacks App Player can also be used for many other applications, you can use it for other Android applications such as Telegram, Instagram, or even games such as Asphalt and others. It is important to note that the performance of this emulator will depend greatly on the performance of your computer that it is installed on.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
Applications on the emulator that require a lot of computing resources and graphic processing might suffer to an extent. However, in this situation, we are only installing WhatsApp which is overall pretty well optimized to work on low-end smartphones and should have no issues working on most computers.
How to setup WhatsApp using BlueStacks Emulator:
- Go to the link and Download the latest version of BlueStacks App Player
- After successful download go ahead with the installation of the BlueStacks App Player on your PC or Laptop
- Open the App Store on the BlueStacks App Player, this allows you to download external applications on your emulator easily
- Look for WhatsApp and download the application on the BlueStacks App Player
- When you first open the WhatsApp application on your BlueStacks app player you will be asked to complete the signup formalities
- Enter your mobile number and complete the registration to get access to WhatsApp without a QR Code
- Add the contacts that you have to the BlueStacks App Player in the Contacts application
- Initiate a new chat by tapping on the icon in the top right or reply easily to the existing conversations
Note: it is important to note that a given mobile number can only be used one device at a time and if you already have the WhatsApp account for your number registered on a Phone then you will either have to stop using it over there or get a new WhatsApp number on the BlueStacks App Player for proper functionality.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
This is a simple way of installing and using WhatsApp on a computer easily without having to Scan a QR code and without any additional devices. BlueStacks Player works efficiently and allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages directly from your phone without directing them through your phone as in the case of WhatsApp Web.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.