Here’s How To Change WhatsApp Settings To Protect Your Privacy
WhatsApp being the most popular messaging app in India means unknown users can get to see your profile photo, status, and much more.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp’s default settings on status, display pictures are set visible to ‘everyone’.
- Manual changes in the settings help you maintain privacy.
WhatsApp is one of many social media platforms in the world, connecting millions to each other. But in this need to connect, we also have our security to think of. In addition, many unknown users can see your profile picture and status and add you to random groups once they get your phone number.
Here are 7 ways you save yourself from some hassles of blocking. This will let you use your WhatsApp account safely. Moreover, these are some basic setting options that help you maintain privacy.
Also Read: Is TrueCaller Premium Worth Your Money?
First, you need to tap the vertical three-dot icon on the top right corner of the screen. Then, choose Settings from the drop-down list.
7 basic setting changes to make your account safe
Users can choose to select which contacts can see their WhatsApp Status. Go to Status privacy feature from the Settings section of the app. Now, users can choose to show their Status to a particular contact list or limit it only to saved contacts.
In this setting, users can choose who can add them to a group. There are precisely three options where users can either select to allow anyone to add them in the group or limit it to saved contacts or select a particular contact list.
It is a feature that lets the other party know when you were last seen online. Last seen privacy settings allow users to hide their last online time from others. Under the Settings, they can choose to completely hide their Last Seen or simply set it to My Contacts.
- Profile Picture
Go to WhatsApp, choose Settings, change your profile picture settings by going to Privacy –> Profile Photo. Change the setting from Everyone to My contacts or Nobody, according to your choice.
- About section
Just go to Privacy –> About. Now, users can either choose to show it to everyone, completely hide it or choose to show it only to saved contacts.
Just go to Privacy –> Fingerprint lock and enable it. Users on Android can set Fingerprint lock, while the latest iPhone users have the option to use Face ID or Touch ID in case of iPhone’s with the physical Home button.
WhatsApp users have the option to block a particular contact or phone number to prevent receiving messages or from accessing your profile information. The option is available from both the Settings option as well as from the individual chats.
Follow these few basic setting changes, and you will be safe from unwanted pings and well away from prying stalkers.
Also read: POCO Mobile Price List In India
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…