Here’s How To Change WhatsApp Settings To Protect Your Privacy
WhatsApp being the most popular messaging app in India means unknown users can get to see your profile photo, status, and much more.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp’s default settings on status, display pictures are set visible to ‘everyone’.
- Manual changes in the settings help you maintain privacy.
WhatsApp is one of many social media platforms in the world, connecting millions to each other. But in this need to connect, we also have our security to think of. In addition, many unknown users can see your profile picture and status and add you to random groups once they get your phone number.
Here are 7 ways you save yourself from some hassles of blocking. This will let you use your WhatsApp account safely. Moreover, these are some basic setting options that help you maintain privacy.
Also Read: Is TrueCaller Premium Worth Your Money?
First, you need to tap the vertical three-dot icon on the top right corner of the screen. Then, choose Settings from the drop-down list.
7 basic setting changes to make your account safe
Users can choose to select which contacts can see their WhatsApp Status. Go to Status privacy feature from the Settings section of the app. Now, users can choose to show their Status to a particular contact list or limit it only to saved contacts.
In this setting, users can choose who can add them to a group. There are precisely three options where users can either select to allow anyone to add them in the group or limit it to saved contacts or select a particular contact list.
It is a feature that lets the other party know when you were last seen online. Last seen privacy settings allow users to hide their last online time from others. Under the Settings, they can choose to completely hide their Last Seen or simply set it to My Contacts.
- Profile Picture
Go to WhatsApp, choose Settings, change your profile picture settings by going to Privacy –> Profile Photo. Change the setting from Everyone to My contacts or Nobody, according to your choice.
- About section
Just go to Privacy –> About. Now, users can either choose to show it to everyone, completely hide it or choose to show it only to saved contacts.
Just go to Privacy –> Fingerprint lock and enable it. Users on Android can set Fingerprint lock, while the latest iPhone users have the option to use Face ID or Touch ID in case of iPhone’s with the physical Home button.
WhatsApp users have the option to block a particular contact or phone number to prevent receiving messages or from accessing your profile information. The option is available from both the Settings option as well as from the individual chats.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.