How To Transfer Whatsapp Data From iPhone To Android!
For most users who have got used to owning an iPhone, it feels like an unnecessary hurdle to make the switch to Android. The lack of easy backup and restore options to copy the data from an existing iPhone to a new Android phone only makes the process more cumbersome. This is one of the reasons that most iPhone users tend to stick to the ecosystem. Even cross-platform apps with a massive presence on both platforms tend not to recognise this and make the switch more difficult than it needs to be. Here’s a guide on How To Transfer Whatsapp Data From iphone To Android!
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is the biggest instant messaging platform available for multiple platforms including iPhone and Android
- For most regular iPhone users switch to an Android device feels like a very cumbersome process as it involves moving of existing data and more
- Luckily there are some easy workarounds if you want to move your WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android.
WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messaging apps on the internet right now and is available across multiple platforms. Most iOS users find it difficult to switch to an Android device as it is incredibly difficult to copy all the existing user data from an iPhone to an Android device.
Also Read: How To Know If You Are Blocked On WhatsApp!
Apart from complex methods to transfer the user’s data from iPhone to Android, the issue can be seen sometimes even on a 3rd party application like WhatsApp as the process of moving a WhatsApp chat from iOS to Android is not completely straight forward and needs multiple additional steps.
Luckily, there is an alternative method that can be used to copy your WhatsApp chat from an iPhone to an Android device easily. WhatsApp supports cloud backup via iCloud on iOS and through Google Drive on Android and does not provide a direct way of transferring the chats from one platform to another. Luckily there is a workaround solution to this problem and we will check out the multiple methods to copy WhatsApp Chat from iPhone to Android.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
How to Export WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android
This is one of the methods that you can follow to copy your chat backup from your iPhone to your Android without any hassle and without using any 3rd party applications.
If you do not want to expose your chat data, personal messages, and more to any 3rd party applications then you might want to use the in-built feature in the WhatsApp application for iPhone to export the chat and then read it from your Android device while restoring the backup.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
While this process does not involve any additional software, it is pretty lengthy and cumbersome when you have to carry forward multiple chats from your iPhone device to an Android smartphone. This method is only recommended if you only have few chats that you wish to move from one device to another as the process can get extremely lengthy based on the number of chats that you wish to carry forward.
Also read: Buyback Offers
- Open the WhatsApp application on your iPhone from the home screen
- Swipe to the left of the chat screen that you wish to export
- Tap on the More button in the pop-up menu
- Select the Export Chat option and from the Share selector, choose the Mail option
- Enter the email address that you have access on the Android smartphone
- Tap on the Send icon to the top right corner
- Once you send the chat, this will appear in your email and you can retrieve it on your Android, follow the above steps for each chat conversation that you want to export and this will take some time and also end up in multiple emails before you are done
- From your Android device, open the mail application and find the mail that contains the exported chat history
- Download the file onto your smartphone
- Now, delete the WhatsApp installation on your Android device and re-install it from the Google Play Store
- Open the WhatsApp application and proceed with the setup, tap on the Restore option when prompted in the setup menu, the restoration will complete, and then tap on the Next button.
- And it’s done.
After WhatsApp restores the backup all of your chats will appear on your Android device. This extensive process can be very time consuming and frustrating. Make sure to create a backup of all your chats on your new device.
Although, there are a few third-party apps that make the process simpler, here’s how to use them. Third-party solutions for taking an iPhone backup to an Android phone are generally either paid or don’t work at all. Luckily there are a few reliable solutions that you can spend some time to see if it works well for you.
Also Read: How To Type In Hindi On WhatsApp!
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.