How To Easily Transfer Data Using Samsung Smart Switch!
If you have purchased a new Samsung smartphone and wish to transfer all the data from your old Android device to your new Samsung smartphone then there are a lot of ways to do the same, however, one of the easiest ways is to use the in-built Samsung Smart Switch application which can be used to easily scan the source device for all the content and conveniently copy them over to the new device without involving multiple hassles causing steps.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung smartphones come with a software called Smart Switch
- Smart Switch makes it easy to move the data from your old smartphone to your new Samsung Smartphone
- Smart Switch is a simple way of switching to your new Samsung device without losing out on any data from your old smartphone
Most Android smartphones come with data that can be very useful such as images, songs, documents, and more. When you purchase a new smartphone it is generally a cumbersome process to move all this data to the new one either using a microSD card or via a data cable and a computer. There are multiple apps on the Google Play Store that help you transfer the data from your old Android device to the new one. +
Also read: Samsung Mobile Price List In India
The Samsung Smart Switch software on Android helps to make this transfer easy, you can easily move the data from the old smartphone to the new Samsung device that you have recently purchased. Most of the brands come with a dedicated app for making the transfer easy from your old smartphone. The newer versions of Android also support this in a simple way, Smart Switch is an application by Samsung that has existed for a while now and greatly helps simplify the transfer process.
The Smart Switch application by Samsung allows you to transfer photos, contacts, messages, files, and other data to your new device. Smart Switch can transfer all of your data including your device settings thereby allowing you to just pick up your new device and carry on right where you left it off.
You can also create a backup of your old phone’s files from your PC or Mac and then use the transfer or sync option to move the data onto your new Galaxy Device. Smart Switch allows you to transfer the data from Android, or iOS devices over Wi-Fi, USB, or with a Mac or PC. You can choose the method that you are most comfortable using and let Smart Switch do the heavy lifting.
Also Read: AMOLED Vs OLED: Which is Better and Why?
There are a few requirements for transferring the files from one device to another:
- Both the source and the destination device should have at least 500MB of free space in the internal storage
- While using the wire transfer, your device should support the MTP or Transferring Media Files protocol over USB to allow content to be transferred
- If you have a non-Samsung device that has issues with the Wireless Network then go to the Advanced section of Wi-Fi and turn off the Disconnect low Wi-Fi signal option
Transferring Using Smart Switch – Android:
There are three major easy methods if you want to transfer your data: Using a USB Data cable, using a PC or Mac, via Wi-FI. You can use Smart Switch on your smartphone by heading to the Settings and opening the Cloud and Accounts tab, here you will find the Smart Switch.
- Make sure that you have Smart Switch installed on both the devices, on new devices you will find it in the Settings app in the Cloud and Accounts section as Smart Switch. On older devices, you can easily download it from the Google Play Store.
- Connect your devices, if you are using Wi-Fi make sure that both the devices are close to each other and have a very stable internet connection. If you are using USB then connect the two devices together using the compatible USB cable provided in the box of your new Samsung smartphone
- Open the Smart Switch on the new device and tap on the Start button, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer all the data.
You will have the option to choose which data you want to transfer, while the transfer is in progress you will see a percentage on the screen about how far the transfer has progressed. The time taken will depend on the amount of the data to be transferred and the strength of your connection.
How To Transfer Using a PC or Mac:
- Download the Smart Switch application on your PC or Mac and install it
- Connect the old device to your PC or Mac and then select the Backup option on the Smart Switch program, click on the Allow option on your phone to start the transfer process
- Once the backup is complete, select OK and disconnect the phone
- Connect your new device to your PC or Mac device and then select the Restore option on the Smart Switch program on the computer, select a different backup option, and then select Samsung device data.
- Deselect any data that you do not want to copy and then select the ok option and then Select Restore Now, and Allow on your smartphone. Your data will now begin transferring and you will be able to track the progress as a percentage.
How To Transfer Data from iOS Device to Samsung
- Open the Smart Switch on your new Samsung smartphone and then tap on Start, you will have to agree with the terms of service to proceed.
- Select the Wireless option and then tap on Receive, now tap on iOS
- Now enter the iCloud username and password and then tap on the Sign-in option
- Select all the information that you wish to copy and then select the Import option. Once you have imported all the info you will have an option to download the media content such as photos and documents.
- Once the transfer is complete you can select the Close app option and you will need to disable the iMessage option on the iOS device.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.