How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iOS
One of the main reasons we have seen people switching from Android to iOS is because of the fact that iPhones from Apple are just a complete package overall. If we look at the Android side of things, it is no longer the case that Android phones, especially the flagships that used to be about 30-40% cheaper compared to iPhones.
Basically, you will see that an Android phone with great specifications will cost you around $1000-$1200 (Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 90,000) which is also what an iPhone would cost you.
However, we have seen that spending that much on an Android phone will still have some shortcomings such as the camera might not be the best or the performance might be lagging. Also, we see that the software updates on an Android device is still not great whereas the Apple update process is best in class.
Also Read: WhatsApp will no longer support these devices
While Apple’s ‘Move to iOS’ app allows you to transfer everything seamlessly between Android to iOS, it does not allow transferring WhatsApp chats.
So if you were using WhatsApp on your old Android device, you would want to transfer them to your iOS device in order to preserve older messages.
This is where things are not-so-simple because transferring WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS is not officially possible. This is because Whatsapp on Android utilizes Google Drive to store the backups. On the other hand, backups on iOS devices are stored with iCloud. This makes it impossible to transfer data from one platform to another. So we have to rely on third-party apps to do this process.
Thankfully, we have some methods to get this job done. And we are going to share methods with you down below:
Transfer WhatsApp chats From Android To iOS With dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer
One of the most reliable solutions that we have found to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS is with the help of an application named “dr.fone – WhatsApp transfer”. It is available for both Windows and MacOS.
The main reason for this application’s recommendation is its simplicity as well as convenience.
For this method, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you will need to download the “dr.fone – WhatsApp transfer” app on your Mac or Windows PC from here.
- Once you have downloaded and installed this application, you need to open it.
- After this, you will have to connect both your Android and the iPhone to the PC with the help of a USB cable and Lightning port respectively.
- Inside the application on your PC, you need to click on “Transfer WhatsApp Messages”
You will see a screen where both the devices you have connected will be shown to you. One will be a “source” device whereas the other will be a “destination” device.
- Note that if you want to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS, your source device will be an Android device whereas the destination device should be your iPhone.
- Also, it is important to remember that once you have initiated this transfer process, the WhatsApp messages on your Android device will be deleted and transferred to your iOS device.
- Once you have understood everything and are ready to begin the transfer, you need to click on the “transfer” button below to start the process.
- Now, you will have to wait for the process to finish and the iPhone will now have all the WhatsApp messages whereas your Android device’s messages will be gone.
Transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS via email chat method
As we mentioned earlier, WhatsApp does not officially allow you to transfer your messages from Android to iOS or vice-versa.
However, that does not mean that we don’t have any workarounds for the same too. Well, there are ways inside the WhatsApp app in which we can transfer chats across the Android and iOS devices.
But we will say that they are nowhere close to the application we have mentioned above which is the simplest way to transfer your WhatsApp messages.
Having said that, if you don’t want to install the application then we are here to tell you about this new method as well.
For this method, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, you will have to open the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Now, Go to WhatsApp’s Settings page and go to a section named “Chats”
- Inside Chats, you will see an option for “Chat History” which you need to tap on.
- Here, click on the “Export chat” option which will then send the messages via an e-mail.
- For this, you will have to select a target chat since this method does not allow each and every chat of your WhatsApp account to be emailed.
- After this, you can either send that chat backup e-mail to someone else via entering their email address or leaving the field empty.
- If you want to keep the chat backup for your personal message, you can leave the field empty. It will be saved as draft inside the Gmail app for future reference.
- Note that while you can read the messages from this chat backup, you won’t be able to restore them on your iOS device inside the WhatsApp messenger app.
Also read: How to use dual WhatsApp on the same phone
Transfer WhatsApp Messages Between Android and iOS Using Backuptrans
Now, we have mentioned above how you can use a specialized application made by Wondershare dr.fone for transferring your WhatsApp messages from an Android device to your iOS device.
We have another tried and tested method which you can implement to transfer your WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS
- First of all, you will need to download an application on your PC named Backuptrans. This application is available for both Windows and Mac and can be downloaded from here.
- Now, open this application on your PC and also make sure to plug in both your Android and iPhone with their respective cables.
- Once you attach both the devices, the names of your devices will be seen in the list of devices inside the application.
- Make sure to right-click on your Android device’s name and choose to “Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone”
- After this, the process will start by itself and the transfer will be completed within minutes.
- It is important to note that this method will also erase the WhatsApp messages from your Android devices.
- Therefore, you may want to take a backup of your WhatsApp messages on your Android device if needed.
These are the known working methods for transferring the WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS with ease and simplicity. While we have mentioned the other two methods as well, dr.fone’s WhatsApp transfer remains to be the most convenient. The reason being that Backuptrans app looks outdated whereas WhatsApp’s chat e-mail feature is great for one or two chats but it is not practical for multiple chats.
Also read: Difference between external storage and internal storage
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Tips And Tricks31 Mar 2020