Xiaomi Mi 10 5G vs OnePlus 8 Pro Comparison
Both phones Mi 10 5G and OnePlus 8 Pro are top-end smartphones. Here’s how they are setting themselves in the market.
Highlights of the Story
- The Mi 10 5G has a more attractive starting price.
- Both phones use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC and support 5G.
Mi 10 5G and OnePlus 8 Pro are some of the best phones available in the market with excellent value offerings. These flagships smartphones are detailed below, to help you decide which one suits you the best:
Let’s start with the price as it is what drives the buying decision for most consumers. Mi 10 5G is available in two variants 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM at Rs. 49,999 and the 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM at Rs. 54,999. Whereas, OnePlus 8 Pro retails at a price of Rs. 54,999 for 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and Rs. 59,999 for 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
Here, Mi 10 5G seems an attractive buy due to the price but let’s hold on for detailed specs to arrive at a decision.
The camera is a major deciding factor in phones costing more than 30K range. Both the flagships offer comparably different specs in regards to this option. Mi 10 5G uses a 108-megapixel Samsung sensor, while the OnePlus 8 Pro uses the new Sony IMX689 48-megapixel sensor. Both phones have OIS as well as large apertures.
Mi 10 5G is also paired with a 13MP wide-angle lens, 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth lens. Whereas, OnePlus 8 Pro has a 48MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 13 MP telephoto lens, and a 5MP depth sensor.
In terms of the front camera, Mi 10 5G has 20 MP lens compared to OnePlus 8 Pro 16 MP lens. Here the question arises which attracts you the most, both have its own plus points.
With respect to software, Xiaomi had assured us that Mi 10 5G users would not face the same spammy MIUI experience that we get with its budget phones. OnePlus 8 Pro with OxygenOS doesn’t have a lot of bloatware and doesn’t bombard your notification shade with annoying alerts from its stock apps. Both the software lets you customize the look of your Android and is easy to use.
Design and Performance
Both the flagships have done a great job in their design. OnePlus 8 Pro and the Mi 10 5G are large and heavy smartphones. They also give you a premium feel and look. Both of these phones’ displays have slim bezels on the left and right with hole-punch cutouts for their front cameras. There is no headphone jack available in them.
OnePlus 8 Pro has benefits of Dolby Atmos, while Mi 10 5G does not.
With respect to performance, OnePlus 8 Pro and Mi 10 5G both use Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 865 5G SoC. They also feature LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.0 flash storage. OnePlus 8 Pro has a QHD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate, compared to the full-HD+ resolution and 90Hz refresh rate of the Mi 10 5G. Both of them are designed with in-display fingerprint sensors.
Mi 10 5G has a larger 4,780mAh battery, compared to the 4,510mAh battery in the OnePlus 8 Pro. They both have 30W fast charging and also support wireless charging at up to 30W. Reverse wireless charging is also present on both phones.
Mi 10 5G has slightly attractive pricing, but OnePlus 8 Pro seems to have some extra potential with premium pricing. But the choice depends on you and your needs from a phone.
Also read: Mobile Screen Repair
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.