10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
During this lockdown, we all are using our smartphones continuously and for longer durations. With increased screen time, there would be more battery usage and sometimes your battery might be draining more quickly.
But how to keep your phone’s battery healthy? How to charge your battery properly? Have you given any thought to it?
If you haven’t thought yet then check out this write-up and you will be more conscious after reading this to keep your battery health up because here we are providing 10 effective and easy tips to improve your battery life. So let’s get started.
1. Discharge Cycles
The first mistake that we make with our smartphones is that we connect the charger at any time for refilling the battery, which is totally wrong. All the batteries in our smartphones feature discharge cycles and most of the batteries get degraded after 400-600 discharge cycles. However, if you’ll charge your smartphone wisely and connect the charger only when your battery is about 10 to 20% remaining, you won’t exhaust the discharge cycles very soon. It will automatically increase the battery life of your smartphone.
2. Turn off Charging at 100%
The second mistake, which is very common is that we don’t disconnect the charger even after the battery gets 100% refilled. Even though there is no overcharging problem here but if you are keeping your charger on for longer durations after the battery is completely charged, there are more chances that the battery life will get reduced.
3. Use original/certified chargers and cables
It doesn’t matter if you are using an iPhone or an Android device, never use cheap chargers or cables. Make sure you are using an original and certified charger and cable for refilling the battery. We know that the original charger and cable are costly but they reduce the chances of degrading the battery life of your smartphone.
4. Complete Discharge
Try making it a habit to let your battery drain completely and then let it charge up to 100 without disruption. The result is that the severe drops get reduced.
5. Remove phone cases to charge
There is one more fact that must be taken care of but we usually ignore it. Never charge your smartphone battery while using a case because using a bulky case while charging your smartphone for hours creates overheating issues.
Looking for Best Phone Under 20000? Check Out Redmi Note 10 Pro Max Quick Review in 2 Minutes
6. Keep away from heat source
Keep this thing in mind that your phone and battery shouldn’t be used under direct sunlight and never place your smartphone near a heat source. It will keep your battery life healthy.
7. Use Black and White Wallpapers
There is this hack that everyone must try out and we have tested this as well here at Cashify. Replace your home screen and lock screen wallpaper with black and white wallpaper instead of punchy colours. You’ll eventually notice less battery drop after applying this hack.
One more tip is to turn on the auto-brightness option always. Avoid using your smartphone under full brightness especially under sunlight.
9. Cleaning Charging Ports
Clean the charging port after every three or four days. You can use a toothpick with a soft cloth on the front and gently clean the charging port of your smartphone. You must have heard that nowadays there are companies offering self-cleaning speakers, so we think that there must be self-cleaning charging ports now.
10. Don’t update your OS
Avoid any software updates after 2 years of the release. Because many smartphone brands slow down their devices after a span of two years. Not just that here the battery and power efficiency also gets reduced. So before updating your software, check out the user reviews first.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…