PUBG Mobile India has re-entered the Indian market as BGMI after a hiatus of several months due to the ban. BGMI vs PUBG Mobile. It has become the upcoming version of PUBG Mobile that Indian gamers have waited for. However, many of us expected it to retain its name, but that is not the case. It was launched with a different name and has some interesting changes in tow.
How will Battlegrounds Mobile India is different from PUBG Mobile Global?
BGMI was launched in India as an alternative to the highly successful PUBG. There are some several key changes and differences that made to ensure active local participation.
- First of all, there are restrictions for players under the age of 18 years. According to the company, they will need to get parental consent to play the game. As per the policy, players under 18 years of age will have to provide the mobile number of their parents to confirm that they are eligible to play the game. This ensures that the players are using their resources and time judiciously, under the supervision of adults.
- In addition, players under the age of 18 will only be able to play BGMI for 3 hours per day and will require their parent’s or guardian’s consent. This limitation of time ensures that the players do not spend their time excessively playing the game. Additionally, the spending limit on paid services is set at INR 7000 per day. This is to ensure the judicious use of the resources of the players.
However, PUBG Mobile does not have any such confines or limitations.
- PUBG Mobile’s global version is available for users from most countries worldwide, except for the specific regions with their iterations. On the other hand, as the name suggests, BGMI is targeted toward Indian players. This provides an exclusive platform for Indian gamers.
- Battlegrounds Mobile India will feature exclusive outfits and events tailored to the needs of the local Indian users. The announcement by Krafton claims that it will be working with its partners to bring in content regularly and exclusively for the local targeted audience. In addition, they are working on various in-game events and content, like limited-edition outfits, to commemorate the game’s release. However, this is not the case for the global version.
- Privacy has been a major concern and is one of the key reasons for the exit of PUBG Mobile from India. To ensure the protection of data, In terms of privacy, the company will be utilising Microsoft Azure to ensure data protection and security at every stage. This helps to keep the data safe, without the interference of third parties. Moreover, the players’ data will be on servers located in India and Singapore.
As time goes on, we will learn more about these new additions and differences in the BGMI vs PUBG Mobile variants.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones