A Brief History Of Google Doodles, And Our Top 5 Google Doodle Games!
Highlights of the Story
- Google has been making doodles for a really long time, but why exactly does it do that?
- While the games are a fairly recent addition, Google’s doodles have been quite memorable in recalling our historical events
- We’ve also compiled the top 5 Google Doodle games for you to check out!
On 27th April Google announced that over the next couple of weeks it will bring back its 10 most popular google doodle games from the past years. This is to help people de-stress during the coronavirus lockdown, and we really like the initiative. However, this also made us curious about what exactly Google doodles are and how did Google come up with this unique idea. So here’s a brief history of Google doodles, followed by our selection of the top 5 Google doodle games.
History of Google Doodles
In order to commemorate certain events, holidays, and birthdays of popular personalities, Google makes certain “doodles” on its home page, which includes either artwork or interactive games to generate curiosity and awareness among its users. I’m sure you must have seen Google doodles on Indian special occasions like Republic Day, Gandhi Jayanti, etc.
The first Google doodle, which you can see in the cover image on top, came out on 31st August 1998, to celebrate the annual Burning Man event in the US. It was designed by Google’s co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, to inform Google’s then nascent user base that the founders will be unavailable to tend to the servers if they crash as they’ll be off to Burning Man. Subsequent doodles were contracted out, till 2001 when Google started making the doodles themselves again. A dedicated team was set up just to create doodles, and they fondly came to be known as “doodlers”.
Initially the doodles were fairly simple, which were just images in which the word Google was creatively written. When you hovered your mouse on top of them then you saw a small pop-up text which showed what the doodle was commemorating. But since 2010 the Google doodles have become much more creative. In January 2010 Google launched its first animated doodle to commemorate Sir Isaac Newton’s birth anniversary. In May 2010 Google launched its first interactive doodle game in which users could play Pac-Man. In the past decade Google has focused more on regional doodles to celebrate the histories of various countries. Till now Google’s team of doodlers has made more than 4000 doodles.
Since 2008 Google has also set up an initiative known as “Doodle 4 Google”. This is an annual competition in which school students can make and submit doodles. If their entry wins then they get a college sponsorship of upto $30,000 along with some other unique gifts. Their doodle is also featured on the Google homepage. This is an annual event for which Google gives a specific theme and students from various countries can participate. Since 2009 this competition has also been organised in India. Hence if you know any creative school students you can ask them to submit their doodle entries to Google the next time the competition opens up.
Top 5 Google Doodle Games
- Our favourite Google doodle game has to be the Pac-man one. It was Google’s first interactive doodle made to celebrate Pacman’s 30th anniversary. https://www.google.com/doodles/30th-anniversary-of-pac-man
- In the second spot we have a basketball tool game which came out in 2012. This is also one of our favorites. https://www.google.com/doodles/basketball-2012
- In 2013 Google came out with the unique doodle to celebrate the 100th anniversary of crosswords. https://www.google.com/logos/2013/crossword/crossword13.html
- If you are looking for a mental challenge then you can try Google Rubik’s Cube doodle game which came out in 2014. https://www.google.com/logos/2014/rubiks/iframe/index.html
- Lastly, if you want to try some DJ mixing skills then you can check out this doodle game from 2017 which was made to celebrate Hip Hop’s 44th anniversary. https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop
These are our top favourites from Google’s doodle games. Let’s see what Google has lined up for us in the coming few days, and we hope you have fun playing all these.
- This is the Right Time To Sell Samsung Galaxy Note 9Thu, 13 Aug'20This is the best time to sell your old Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
You May Also ReadView All
With leaks and rumors floating around, it’s time to take a look at the most anticipated new phones coming in 2020. We already know the big trends of 2020: 5G is coming, along with it will come bigger batteries in our smartphones, faster speeds, more and better cameras that allow you to zoom further, capture ultra-wide images and get more detail in pictures. Of course, 2020 will also be a hugely important year for foldable phones, an experiment barely launched in 2019, foldable phones should prove their worth in 2020 and compete against traditional smartphones.
With the amount of task processing that today’s smartphone SoC has to accomplish, a good battery backup is a must to have. If your usage also involves a fair amount of gaming, using navigation and the likes, 4000mAh battery mobiles are what you need. 4000mAh battery phones in India have topped the sales rank because of the fact that a fully charged phone will last well for the whole day long depending on how heavily a user uses it. Especially 4000mAh battery phones are mostly bought as the prices are nominal for most individuals. Cashify could help you bridge the premium amount by selling the old phone and receiving the sold amount with just one click at your doorstep. We have sorted out a list of the best 4000mAh battery phones that would be appropriate for users across the globe. With Cashify’s compare option, you can differentiate prices and features easily. Our meticulously created list of Samsung smartphones with battery 4000mAh in India will provide you the most convenient way to compare prices with each other. With a single click on the name label against any phone in the list, you will be taken to the detailed specification of that phone along with a comprehensive review from the Cashify’s review experts. You can compare upto three phones at a time.
Not only this, but you could also sell your refurbished or old phone at a phenomenal cashback price from us with just a single click. Detailed specifications and expert reviews can be found on click over the mobile name in the below mentioned 4000mAh battery mobile list. Be assured, Cashify being the market leader in selling/ buying your old smartphone – you have landed at the right place to make a choice of 4000mAh battery mobile phone in India you always wanted.
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.