Best Microphones For YouTube And Podcasting
Content Creation is no easy task, one needs to take care of the content, the production quality, and engaging with the audience. Good production quality can help to build a large audience and can help grow the channel. A good microphone can make all the difference and for that here are some of the Best Mics For YouTube and Podcast.
Highlights of the Story
- A Clear, Crisp, and Loud Audio is required to make the viewers understand the content a create is trying to portray in its content, be it on Youtube or a Podcast. Audio is Important.
- A good quality microphone is needed to deliver good sounding audio, and here are some of the best-handpicked mics that can improve the audio dramatically.
Have you ever wondered how Joe Rogan will sound like if he interviewed celebs on his air pods or the more important question? Will he still have close to 10 million subscribers?
The chances of him hitting even 1 million will be pretty low. Keeping the quality of the content aside, everybody needs good production quality to make it go viral. When the success of your content depends on how clearly it reaches the audience, you better put your best into it.
Also Read: The Best Android VPN Apps 2020 Edition
Imagine you are talking about how our universe is not a universe but a multi-verse, and the echo is so much it makes you sound like you are speaking from inside a wine barrel; this shouldn’t be a situation you want to put yourself in. You must have a great setup to make it to the big leagues, and a great setup requires a great mic.
With so many options available in the market, we are here to help you sort out the best from the heap. Here is a detailed description of some of the Best Microphones For YouTube And Podcasting that are available in the market.
Best Microphones for YouTube and Podcasting
1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone
Without talking about the Blue Yeti USB microphone, any list of mics cannot be completed. And it is not surprising at all since Blue Yeti USB Microphone is one of the best microphones going around. Here is what makes it unique.
- The Blue Yeti is designed to offer full flexibility to the users with a tri-capsule array with three condense elements.
- It offers a selection of polar patterns. Hence, users will get the ability to switch between omnidirectional or bidirectional patterns and cardioid or stereo.
- This mic has an independent gain control and a headphone amp to guarantee latency-free monitoring.
- The Blue Yeti Microphone puts the users in control. It allows them to adjust the mic’s gain control to reduce sensitivity if experiencing feedback or distortion during recording.
- The stand of this mic is delineated to allow positioning at a variety of angles, to ensure the users get the perfect placement.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac. There is no need for drivers, which means users will just have to plug it in.
- This mic is prone to picking up a bit of sibilant (hissing) noise.
- The mounting stand of Blue Yeti is built a little awkward, which makes mounting challenging, particularly on uneven surfaces.
- The build quality is not as good as it looks at the first looks. Moreover, the controls are flimsy.
Pricing: Rs. 10,999
Also Read: Top 5 Smartphones In 2020 With Best Cameras!
2. Rode NT-USB
The Rode NT-USB is the second microphone on the series. Below is the list of the advantages and disadvantages of buying this microphone.
- Rode NT-USB comes with a zero-latency monitoring mode, so users can keep track of the quality of their audio.
- Just like all other mics on this list, the Rode NT-USB also offers top-notch, crisp, and clear sound quality with a DSP-free mic signal.
- The stand on the mic is quite durable. On top of that, it has a solid frame that can withstand rough handling. And the mic comes accompanied with a free pop-shield as well.
- There is no need to use an audio interface with this mic; it can work directly with your computer.
- The pattern of the Rode NT-USB microphone is fixed. It has just one polar pattern. Hence, it is less versatile when compared to some other microphones on this list.
- It is missing the gain knob. In addition to that, it makes a thick voice sound a little thin.
Pricing: Rs. 17,999
Also Read: Top 5 Internet Speed Testing Apps
3. Blue Snowball
The Blue Snowball is the third item on this list. It is often referred to as a little brother of the Yeti, and just like the Yeti, it is also an excellent USB YouTube mic.
Generally, the Blue Snowball comes in two different variants- the Blue Snowball and the Blue SnowBall iCE. Both the microphones have their own advantages and their own disadvantages. For instance, the former comes with 2mic capsules. On the other hand, the Snowball iCE comes with a single capsule. However, we have tried to cover the pros and cons of both the microphones.
- It is one of the cheaply priced microphones when compared to other models on the list. And the features that it provides are excellent for this price.
- Excellent sound quality with noise eliminating ability and works well even without a pop filter.
- The Snowball has a unique ability to pick up the bass cleanly in the users’ voice.
- The microphone is small-sized and can fit well in any space. But being small doesn’t mean it flimsy; the Blue Snowball is excellent and sturdy.
- It works well with EQ.
- The polar pattern number 1, 2, and 3 don’t explicitly indicate which number is for which polar pattern.
- It can pick up background noises, particularly when set to an omnidirectional polar pattern.
- There is no on/off switch as well as no mute button on this microphone.
- Offers very little control, which means users won’t have full control over the recording process.
4. Apogee MIC Plus
Apogee is on the smaller side, but it is another excellent choice. And by smaller size, we mean that it can be carried around easily in the pocket. In addition to that, it weighs just eight ounces. However, even with a small size, it is quite a rugged microphone with lots of great features. Here are the few benefits and disadvantages of using this microphone.
- Just like Blue Yeti, this mic also offers full control to the users with buttons for monitor blending and input control on the front of the mic.
- A headphone blend control that allows monitoring without latency.
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz bit depth/sample rate and purely digital connection to ensure full and clear sound recordings.
- The Apogee MIC Plus does not require any configuration, so the users just have to plug in and play.
- There is no pop filter, as well as no wind reduction facility included with this mic.
- Quite expensive.
Pricing: Rs. 21,000
5. Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone Package
The Rode NT1-A is the last mic on the list. Here are some pros and cons of buying this microphone.
- It is a versatile microphone with plenty of options. And it is designed to operate and provide top-notch results in a variety of environments.
- The Rode NT1-A comes with gold plated output connectors.
- It has a low self-noise function, which can capture the quietest of sounds with superb clarity.
- There is an internal shock-mount system to prevent any unwanted noise.
- Lastly, the build quality is excellent with a heavy-duty nickel-plated body and satin finish. Likewise, the looks are good.
- This microphone will require phantom power of +48 volts.
Pricing: Rs. 21,560
Also read: Smartphone reviews
Content is king, but the setup is what makes the king stand out. This list was made keeping a number of factors in mind, and we hope this has helped you in choosing what is best for you, and we hope now you can’t use the phrase “too many options spoils the choice.”
Also read: Best mobile phones under 15000
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.