Have you ever wondered what Joe Rogan would sound like if he interviewed celebs on his air pods? Or the more important question? Will he still have close to 16 million subscribers?
The chances of him hitting even 1 million will be pretty low. Keeping the quality of the content aside, everybody needs good production quality to make it go viral. When the success of your content depends on how it reaches the audience, you had better put your best into it.
Also Read: The Best Android VPN Apps 2020 Edition
Imagine you are talking about how our universe is not a universe but a multi-verse, and the echo is so strong it makes you sound like you are speaking from inside a wine barrel; this shouldn’t be a situation you want to put yourself in. You must have a great setup to make it to the big leagues, and a great setup requires a great mic.
With so many options available on the market, we are here to help you sort out the best from the heap. Here is a detailed description of some of the best microphones for YouTube and podcasts that are available on the market.
The Best Microphones for YouTube and Podcasting
1. Blue Yeti X
Without talking about the Blue Yeti X microphone, no list of mics can be completed. And it is not surprising at all since the Blue Yeti X is one of the best microphones going around. Here is what makes it unique and one of the best microphones for YouTube.
- The Blue Yeti is suited for multiple recording patterns.
- It offers a selection of polar patterns. Hence, users will get the ability to switch between omnidirectional or bidirectional patterns and cardioid or stereo.
- The Blue Yeti Microphone puts the user in control. It allows them to adjust the mic’s gain control to reduce sensitivity if they experience feedback or distortion during recording. Also, the Blue Yeti comes with an on-mic display for better control.
- The stand of this mic is designed to allow positioning at a variety of angles, ensuring the users get the perfect placement.
- It is compatible with both Windows and MacOS. There is no need for drivers, which means users will just have to plug it in.
- This mic is prone to picking up a bit of sibilant (hissing) noise.
- The Microphone might appear costly.
Pricing: Rs. 23,904
2. Rode VideoMic
The Rode VideoMic is one of the best microphones for YouTube and podcasts. Below is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of buying this microphone.
- The Rode VideoMic comes with a high-pass filter and three-stage gain control for better audio and video control.
- Just like all the other mics on this list, the Rode VideoMic also offers top-notch, crisp, and clear sound quality.
- The Mic comes with a battery usage of over 70 hours, making it one of the best microphones for YouTubers.
- The Rode VideoMic might not be the best for outdoor recording.
- Furthermore, the mic requires a 9V battery which might not be common to all.
Pricing: Rs. 10,099
Also Read: Top 5 Internet Speed Testing Apps
3. Blue Snowball
The Blue Snowball is the third item on this list. It is often referred to as the “little brother” of the Yeti, and just like the Yeti, it is also an excellent USB YouTube mic and a great choice as it is one of the best microphones for YouTube.
Generally, the Blue Snowball comes in two different variants- the Blue Snowball and the Blue SnowBall iCE. Both microphones have their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, the former comes with 2 mic capsules. On the other hand, the Snowball iCE comes with a single capsule. However, we have tried to cover the pros and cons of both microphones.
- It is one of the more reasonably priced microphones when compared to other models on the list. And the features that it provides are excellent for this price.
- Excellent sound quality with noise-eliminating ability and works well even without a pop filter.
- The Snowball has a unique ability to pick up the bass cleanly in the user’s voice.
- The microphone is small-sized and can fit well in any space. But being small doesn’t mean it’s flimsy; the Blue Snowball is excellent and sturdy.
- It works well with EQ.
- The polar pattern numbers 1, 2, and 3 don’t explicitly indicate which number is for which polar pattern.
- It can pick up background noises, particularly when set to an omnidirectional polar pattern.
- There is no on/off switch as well as no mute button on this microphone.
- Offers very little control, which means users won’t have full control over the recording process.
4. Apogee MIC Plus
Apogee is on the smaller side, but it is another excellent choice. And by smaller size, we mean that it can be carried around easily in the pocket. In addition to that, it weighs just eight ounces. However, even with its small size, it is quite a rugged microphone with lots of great features. Here are the few benefits and disadvantages of using this microphone.
- Just like the Blue Yeti, this mic also offers full control to the user with buttons for monitor blending and input control on the front of the mic.
- A headphone blend control that allows monitoring without latency.
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz bit depth/sample rate and purely digital connection to ensure full and clear sound recordings.
- The Apogee MIC Plus does not require any configuration, so users just have to plug in and play.
- There is no pop filter, as well as no wind reduction facility included with this mic.
- Quite expensive.
Pricing: Rs. 21,000
5. Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone Package
The Rode NT1-A is the last mic on the list, but surely not the least. Here are some pros and cons of buying this microphone.
- It is a versatile microphone with plenty of options. And it is designed to operate and provide top-notch results in a variety of environments.
- The Rode NT1-A comes with gold-plated output connectors.
- It has a low self-noise function, which can capture the quietest of sounds with superb clarity, placing it on the list of the best microphones for YouTube.
- There is an internal shock-mount system to prevent any unwanted noise.
- Lastly, the build quality is excellent, with a heavy-duty nickel-plated body and a satin finish. Likewise, the looks are good.
- This microphone will require phantom power of +48 volts.
Pricing: Rs. 21,560
Also read: Smartphone reviews
Content is king, but the setup is what makes the king stand out. This list consists of some of the best microphones for YouTube and podcasts and was made keeping several factors in mind. We hope this has helped you choose what is best for you, and we hope now you can’t use the phrase “too many options spoil the choice.”
Also read: Best mobile phones under 15000
Stay tuned to Cashify for the latest smartphone news. We also allow you to compare mobile phones so you can find the best phone before you buy.
I am an Android Enthusiast and a Ninja at content creation. I love writing anything about technology and pro at reviewing smartphones. Big time expert in multiple facets of content generation