Top 5 Internet Speed Testing Apps
Everyone wants to know how fast their WiFi/internet connection is. And as for everything else on this planet now, there’s an app for that as well. Here is a list of the best speed test Android apps that do more than just deliver a speed test.
Speedtest.net: This is probably the most popular speed test app on Android. There’s a good chance that you might have also used this before. Speedtest.net has actually raised and set the quality standards for speed testing apps globally. The app allows you to test your connection, speed, quality, and everything else you can think of.
It is probably the best speed test app for Android smartphone data networks (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, and Wi-Fi). It also uses the Okla SpeedTest gateway for easy, one-tap connection testing under 30 seconds, using arguably the best internet speed meter for Android. Recently, the award for Best SpeedTest App 2017 was snagged by this Ookla SpeedTest app.
Speed Check Light
Speed Check Light is not just a fancy app with a lot of animations, beautiful images and other shines. It also does its core job. It shows you your ping, download speed, upload speed, and also keep a track of all of your tests. This is done so that you can see what your fastest speed was. It can be said that Speed Test Light is the best alternative to Speedtest.net
Also read: Things To Consider Before Buying A New Smartphone
Speedcheck is actually one of the better-looking speed test apps out there. It also does everything you would expect it to do. Speedcheck also covers your download speed, upload speed, and ping on 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi networks. It also tests your speed under 20 seconds.
There’s also the ability for you to check your past 3G, 4G LTE and WI-FI speed results in your personal history. Some of its amazing features are that it can test the speed of your internet network on 3G, 4G LTE connections so that your coverage can be improved. It can also test the download and upload speed and ping of Wi-Fi hotspots on DSL, ADSL, cable connections.
This is quite a gem of an app as it does not run any ads. It’s like other speed test apps which give you your network information. You can test your download speed, upload speed with a single touch. There are no ads, it is ultra small in size and is compatible with all Android devices.
This happens to be the last one in my list of best speed test Android apps. For removing ads, you need to pay a small fee of Rs. 150. Some of the features include performing manual or scheduled speed tests. And some professional analysis for the tools for your connection speeds – including graphs and statistics.
Which one is your favorite?
With over 10 million users, this app is freely accessible on the web, iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Google Chrome and Apple TV. It is truly one amongst the best speed testing apps out there that you will probably need. Make an account and it ensures to provide the most precise approach to test web speeds and network diagnostics. Ookla Speedtest helps you to see your download and transfer speed in Mbps, stay private and secure, shows connection consistency and it is the only internet connection test capable of accurately measuring 5G.
You can download this speed test app with a modern and intuitive interface on your Android and iphone for the better experience that it offers.Some essential features of this app include the ability to select the default server for speed test, to test download speed and upload speed, enables measurement of data transfer time delays, automatic selection of speed test parameters depending on the type of a connection, providing the history of results with options to filter and sort the list accordingly etc. With an adjustable speed test to suit your requirements, V-SPEED can quantify bandwidth, test statistics, perform progressed VoIP tests and so on.
- With the massive digital advancement, some negative sides came hand in hand. This includes leaving our digital footprint and sharing unnecessary data on every end. From our personal data like name, email id, to bank details, all are vulnerable on our Android phone if privacy is not set properly. We have unveiled 5 secrets of changing privacy settings on Android phones here. Check out all the steps to safeguard your personal information.
- Should you buy the iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE instead? Here’s what you need to know.
- If you have WhatsApp Payments option in the app, let's take a look at how you can set up your account, and send and receive money.
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro both feature triple rear camera setups.
- Micromax In series finally launched in India after much anticipation.
Latest ReviewsView All
- The 6.1-inch iPhone 12 comes with 5G connectivity and sports a magnetic backing which Apple loves to call as ‘MagSafe’ for wireless charging.
- Samsung Galaxy F41 has a combination of a large and vibrant display with a powerful battery, a stunning design, and HD support.
- OnePlus 8T brings the best of features on-board with a Fluid AMOLED, 65W Warp Charge, Snapdragon 865 under-the-hood, and the latest OxygenOS 11.