Best Smart Air Purifiers For Home And Office In India
With rising pollution levels in India, especially in winters, an Air Purifier is somewhat a necessity than a luxury and everyone should have one of these in their home. With so many options available in the market from Dyson, Mi, Sharp, etc. it’s tough to make the right choice. Follow this guide to choose the best air purifier for your home.
Highlights of the Story
- Air Purifiers are a must-have appliance for households especially in India
- With so many options available in the market, check for power consumption and coverage age, to make sure it covers your room.
- Also, Air Purifier with a True-HEPA filter is a must to choose the best air purifier
Pollution is a root cause of various illnesses, some of them being deadly. India is one of the most polluted countries, with the AQI in various cities and suburbs crossing the top limit of the Index, rendering the air to be deadly.
What is a simple way to ensure cleaner air? It is the use of an air purifier. However, when we say this, you might be confused as to which air purifier you should buy, as, the market is flooded with multiple options.
Owing to this issue, we thought of making a list of the top smart air purifiers available in the market, to make your purchasing decision easier.
Also Read: Top 20 Value For Money Smartphones
1. Dyson Pure Hot+Cool
Dyson as a brand is quite well known in the market for being a good option when it comes to air purifiers. It is one of the best air purifiers available out there, with the device being able to lower PM 2.5 and PM10 particulates under the permissible limits.
It also features some interesting specifications such as heated air projection, IoT connectivity, scheduling capabilities, auto mode and many more such features, which make the usability aspect quite easy.
Pricing is a bit steep for the regular consumer, but, for someone looking for a good, reliable air purifier that works like a charm and functions without any issues, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool is a really good option.
|Power Consumption (W)||40W|
|Coverage Area(sq.ft.)||600 sq.ft|
|Noise Level (dB)||NA|
|Air Flow Rate (cubic m/h)||NA|
|Filter Type||360° Glass HEPA|
|Dimensions||20.5 x 24.8 x 76.4|
- Premium, elegant design
- Effective purification
- Hot mode evenly heats up the room
- Well-designed app
Also Read: Smartphone Buying Guide 2020
2. Sharp FP-J80
The Sharp FP-J80 is another good option and a competitor to the Dyson Hot+Cool air purifier. It has a coverage area of 680 square feet. The FP-J80 is basically a Sharp FP-J60 with some better specifications.
A unique feature is the inclusion of a Plasmacluter ion generator, which, when combined with an activated charcoal feature as well as an H14 grade HEPA filter, makes the FP-J80 one of the most feature-rich options in the market. It is also an ideal option for people with respiratory issues since all of these filters play a huge role in reducing indoor pollution.
|Power Consumption (W)||48 / 28 / 1.3|
|Noise Level (dB)||NA|
|Air Flow Rate (cubic m/h)||NA|
|Filter Type||High density Plasmacluster Ion Generator with True HEPA & Active Carbon Filter|
|Dimensions||416 x 720 x 2|
- Excellent air purification capabilities
- Plasmacluster technology works well
- No IoT or app support
- No filter life indicator
Also Read: Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!
3. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True-HEPA filter
The Mi Air Purifier 3 is one of the most affordable options present in this list. To add to this, it is from a reputable brand that offers great value products. It also comes with some innovative features such as a crystal clear OLED display, which also has support for touch controls. It ticks all the boxes when it comes to quality, meaning there are no cuts due to the cheap price.
Efficiency is also a major feature of the Mi Air Purifier, which can also change into three different modes, coupled with a smart automatic mode.
|Power Consumption (W)||38W|
|Coverage Area||484 ft|
|Filter Type||True-HEPA Filter|
|Dimensions||735 x 260|
- Affordable Price
- Modern Design
- Effective and powerful filtering system
- Easy to use
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- White color variant can get filthy
Read also: Top 10 Mobile Phones
4. Blueair Classic 480i
Another one of the premium options, the Blueair Classic 480i can justify it’s high price with exquisite features and segment leading performance.
The main feature of this air purifier is it’s whopping 510 m3/hr CADR score, and, how it stretches to about 434 sq. ft of area, which is mind-blowing. It is equipped with a HEPA silent purification technology, which employs the work of an additional Smoke stop filter and a particle filter. It requires 53W power supply and, comes packed with wireless connectivity options via Wi-Fi.
|Dimensions||23 x 20 x 11 in|
|Sound level||32-62 dB|
- Highest quality material
- Improved air filtration system
- Accurate Smart Sensor
- 5-year warranty
- Starting price is far too high
- The machine is big and heavy
5. Sharp FP-FM40E-B
Sharp is a Japanese multinational corporation that produces air purifiers in an array of electronic devices. It highlights a passive HEPA system that traps PM2.5 particles, smoke, dust, and pollen. If you’re thinking how the passive filtering differs from active screening, then fret not since its the same technique used in all the other options in this list.
In terms of the active process, which is also called ionization releases negative ions that conduct dust from the ambient air. The one small caveat however is the Ozone (O3) emission in this process. And as you know, Ozone in high concentrations can be harmful to human health. So, the passive HEPA system is better.
Besides HEPA, there is a pre-filter, which sifts heavy dust particles. Lastly, one of its quirky features is the built-in mosquito catcher, which is quite useful in a pest infested country like India.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||28.1 x 39.1 x 54 Centimeters|
|Power source type||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||5800 Grams|
- Stylish black design
- easy access for filter cleaning and replacement
- effective mosquito & fruit fly trap
- No remote control or smart (WiFi) features
- UV light and LEDs are distracting at night (even in dim mode)
- Extra cost for mosquito trap
This concludes our list of the top smart air purifiers. We hope this article has been helpful and, you can now make the decision on which top smart air purifier to buy.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…