Portable document format or PDF is used widely by everyone across the world. The reason is that in any PDF document that is shared, the content in it looks the same irrespective of the operating system or device you are using.
There are many methods through which you can convert your PDF document into an editable word document. But it is not easy to make changes to PDF files; therefore, converting it into a word document can make everything easier. Here we have included a method that will allow you to convert scanned PDF files easily into word documents for free.
1. Convert PDF to Word using Google Docs
You may be familiar with Google docs, an online word processor tool that helps people create and format documents. Using it, you can easily create and edit word documents online. Moreover, using Google docs, you can open PDF files and save them in other formats like txt, rtf, docx, epub, etc. here is how you can convert your PDF to DOC files in Google docs.
- Go to Google docs and sign in using your Google account
- There will be a ‘file’ icon on the bottom right side; you can click on it and upload your PDF file
- Once the file is uploaded, you have to click on the little triangle tab beside ‘Open With‘ (Located at top center section) and choose Google docs to open the file in the dropdown list
- The document format can be messy, and you may have to do some editing to reformat the content.
- Once in Google docs, click on the ‘file’ on the top bar, then click download on the dropdown box in tools in any word format. You can then download the converted word document easily on your device.
2. Convert PDF to word using Microsoft word
If you already have Microsoft Office software installed on your computer, this is the easiest way to convert your PDF files into DOC files. Microsoft Word comes with a built-in feature called ‘PDF Reflow’. This feature allows users to change pdf format to editable word document. If your PDF file layout is easy and not complicated, you can use this feature. Here’s how you can open a pdf in word and convert it
- Launch Microsoft word and click on the ‘File‘ option
- Open pdf in Microsoft word
- Confirm to start converting the PDF file into a Word doc. Microsoft will prompt a warning for you, but you can just ignore it and click on ‘ok’ to start the conversion.
- Once the process is complete, you can check the converted word document and save it on your device.
3. Convert PDF to word without installing any software or apps
This method that we are suggesting is probably the best that lets you convert PDF files to Word quickly without installing any software or apps on your devices. The method works across all the platforms, whether it is Android or iOS, Windows or Mac OS. Here’s how you can use this method
- Visit the website smallpdf.com
- Once the website is loaded, you can scroll down and click on the pdf-to-word option.
- After that, choose ‘file’ and select the PDF file you want to convert from your computer.
- Once the file is completely uploaded, there will be two options: ‘convert to word’ and then convert the PDF file into an editable word doc where you can edit the scanned pages. This option is only available if you are using the paid version.
- Once you choose to ‘convert to word’ option, your pdf file will be converted into an editable word document, which you can download on your computer or smartphone.
- You can even install the website extension on your browser and use it to convert files from pdf to doc easily.
4. Convert PDF to doc online using Adobe tools
When it comes to Adobe, it needs no introduction; the platform is the most popular software for graphic design, video editing, photography, web development, and more. Adobe has an online tool available for free that lets you convert PDF to the doc for free on smartphones, laptops, and PCs. Here is how you can use it
- Head over to this link that takes you to official Adobe PDF to Word conversion tool.
- Click on the select file option and upload the pdf that you wish to convert from your device
- Select ‘open’ and upload the PDF file
- Adobe will automatically convert your PDF file to doc
- Use your email id to sign in and save the file on your smartphone or computer
These are some of the few ways which can let you convert PDF files to docs for free on smartphones and laptops/PCs.
Also Read: 10 Best Free Online Video Editing Apps
I am geek your friends warned you about. Total nerd, always there to help you, guide you about your tech discussions. Eat Sleep Breathe Technology - That's on my repeat mode.