SonyLIV app and website have become one of the most popular streaming platforms. The app streams some of the most popular sporting events, which includes the UEFA Champions League, the latest live cricketing events and WWE. SonyLiv also telecasts all the Sony TV shows and other shows from its subsidiary channels. With so much viewable content, you might want to watch all of SonyLIV’s content on your Smart TV. However, the installation and activation process of the Sony LIV application can be slightly tedious and confusing to many who are not so familiar with tech. So here in this post, we will give you a detailed procedure for installing the SonyLiv application on your Smart TV.
We will discuss all the steps to install the app on all types of Smart TV devices. We’ll also cover Android TV activation, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Chromecast streaming guide. So, without any further ado, let us begin.
How To Install and Activate the SonyLiv app on Android Smart TV?
It’s easy to download and install the SonyLiv app on your Android Smart TV or TV stick. For prerequisites, you only need a Google account and a stable internet connection for this method to work correctly. So let us see all the steps to do the installation.
- First, locate the Google Play Store app on your Android Smart TV. It should be displayed in the home interface.
- Next, open it and type SonyLiv. You will then be redirected to the SonyLiv Playstore page. Now, select install.
- After that, open the app and log in with your account. If you are a first-time user, sign up on the app with your mobile number.
- You might also be asked to sign in using a different code. Just proceed to the SonyLiv activation page, and sign in with your mobile number.
- After successfully signing in, you must choose your preferred subscription plan.
- After selecting your desired plan, now enjoy your favourite shows and sporting events SonyLiv app, on your Android Smart TV.
So, with all of these steps, you can now easily install and activate the SonyLiv app on your Android Smart TV or any Android TV Stick.
How To Install and Activate the SonyLiv app on Apple TV?
The installation and activation of the SonyLIV application is similar to the Android TV procedure mentioned above. Let us take a look at all the steps below.
- Navigate to the Apps section on your Apple TV’s home screen.
- Next, look for the SonyLiv app under the Entertainment section and click Get.
- Open the SonyLIV app after a successful installation and sign in using your credentials.
- After choosing your preferred subscription, the Activation menu will appear; post a successful sign-in. An activation code then needs to be generated from the SonyLiv activation page.
- Enter that through the keyboard on your Apple TV and confirm your entry.
- Go to the official SonyLIV website if you’re using a browser on your smartphone or computer. After successfully signing in, go to the drop-down menu and choose Authenticate TV.
- If you are using an iPad or an iPhone, you can also cast the app’s content on Apple TV.
With these steps, the SonyLiv app on your Apple TV will be activated and installed easily.
Also Read: How To Install MX Player On Smart TV
How To Install the SonyLiv App on Amazon Fire TV Stick?
The procedure to install the SonyLiv application on Amazon Fire TV Stick is fairly straightforward and easy to follow. Below are the required steps.
- Go to the Apps section on the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Install the SonyLiv app after finding it. It might be preinstalled as well, so open it.
- Use your mobile number associated with your SonyLiv account to log into the app.
- The Activation Code menu will appear when you open any content on the app at this time. Login on your PC or mobile with the same mobile number and enter the code onto your Fire TV Stick.
- The SonyLiv app will now be activated on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Enjoy your favourite content on it.
How to Chromecast the SonyLiv app on your Smart TV?
On any device that supports Chromecast, you may also cast or stream content via the SonyLiv app. Please follow these instructions to do this.
- Go to Settings after opening the Chromecast’s home page. Now authenticate that your phone and Chromecast device is connected to the same WiFi network, and then configure your Chromecast.
- Install the SonyLiv app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Google Home app now and choose Cast Screen.
- Choose your Chromecast device from the list of compatible devices, and then select it.
- Launch the SonyLiv app on your phone once the devices have been successfully linked.
- Now, you can use a Chromecast-compatible device to mirror your favourite Sony LIV videos or live shows onto your TV.
SonyLiv Subscription Plans
Here are three main plans from Sony LIV, each with a different subscription amount. The streaming platform also provides a free membership that permits you to watch particular TV episodes and movies on the site. However, you will see ad-supported content if you choose this membership option. Below are all the membership plan details.
|Membership Type and Benefits||Price||Validity|
|Premium – Includes all SonyLiv shows, Live sports streaming|
Two screens support
Offline video downloads
|Rs. 999||One year or 12 months|
|Mobile Only – All SonyLIV shows, Live sports streaming|
One Mobile phone support
Offline video downloads
|Rs. 599||One year or 12 months|
|WWE Network – Live WWE Events|
Raw and Smackdown episodes are available after one month
Exclusive WWE series, documentaries, and biographies
|Rs.299||One year or 12 months|
This article should have clarified any questions you may have about activating and installing the SonyLiv app on a Smart TV. Either membership package is an excellent choice, especially considering the app’s enormous library of movies and web series. Additionally, SonyLiv is an ideal platform for watching Indian TV serials and live sports from all across the globe if you’re a fan. You can ask any further questions in the comments section you may have about the procedure in the space provided below.
Writer with a knack for the latest gadgets and smartphones. He loves to play football and fiddling around with his PlayStation 5, and always looking to improve himself and help the world make a better place.