Are you searching for a way to change your mobile number on your Aadhaar card? In the current scenario, linking an Aadhaar card to your mobile number is essential for everyone. And if you want to change your mobile number on the Aadhaar card, visit UIDAI and check whether the phone number is linked to your Aadhaar or not.
Generally, the banking apps need online Aadhaar card verification via OTP. If the Aadhaar card is not linked to a mobile number, the details will not be validated. So, it is necessary to keep the Aadhaar card up to date with the linked mobile number.
Here we have shared a step-by-step guide for you to change your mobile number on your Aadhaar card.
Also Read: How To Make UPI Payment Via A Feature Phone?
What exactly is an Aadhaar card, and why is it required?
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identity number issued to the cardholders. This card in India is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This statutory authority is in charge of keeping the Aadhaar card up to date. The Aadhaar card is a beneficial biometric document that saves a person’s personal details in a government database. Soon, it is becoming the primary source of public welfare and citizen services.
Also read: Explained: What Is A Thunderbolt Port? Pros and cons
Offline mode: Change the mobile number in the Aadhaar card
If your registered mobile number is not active and you wish to change your mobile number on an Aadhaar card, read the step-by-step instructions here.
- First, book an appointment online using the official website UIDAI.
- Once you reach the page, choose the location and proceed to book an appointment at UIDAI Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Now, fill in the details in the Aadhaar update/correction form.
- Please submit the form to the official employee at the Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Next, you’ll need to pay a certain amount for the service.
- The employee in the Aadhaar Enrolment centre will give you an acknowledgement slip with the URN.
- You’ll now be able to track your status with the provided URN.
- At last, the mobile number will be changed with the Aadhaar database within the 90 days of time span.
Also Read: How To Completely Lock Your Facebook Profile From Stalkers
Online mode: Change the mobile number in your Aadhaar card
The instructions below are used to change the mobile numbers in the Aadhaar card online.
- First, move to the online portal of UIDAI.
- Next, input the registered mobile number that you want to update.
- Then, click on the ‘Send OTP’ option, and get the OTP on your mobile number.
- Please submit the OTP and jump to the next step.
- Now, choose an option from the ‘Online Aadhaar Services’ menu to update your mobile number.
- Afterwards, enter the captcha code once redirected to the new page.
- Once done with the previous step, you’ll receive an OTP on your phone.
- At last, click on the Save and proceed option after verifying your OTP.
Once you are done with this procedure, you next need to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra at the scheduled time and provide them with the additional required documents.
Also read: How To Fix ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ Error With These 5 Fixes
We hope you discovered all the answers to your query about how to change your mobile number on your Aadhaar card.
Q: Is it possible for me to change my mobile number on an Aadhaar card online?
Ans. No, you’ll not be able to change your phone number on an Aadhaar card online. For this, you’ll need to visit the nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Q: Is there anything I need to submit to change my phone number?
Ans. You’ll require no documents to change your phone number. The only document you need to carry is your Aadhaar card.
Q: Is it necessary to update the mobile number in order to make any online Aadhaar changes?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to update the mobile number in order to make any Aadhaar changes online. You’ll receive an OTP on the registered mobile number to process any changes that are made online.
Q: How long does it take to update my mobile number on an Aadhaar card?
Ans. The update can take up to 90 days after you submit a request.
Do you want to sell your old phone? Why not recycle the old phone at Cashify? Now Cashify will offer plenty of options on the cashify website!