How To Change WhatsApp Number: Step by Step Guide
The Facebook-owned company even allows you to change your WhatsApp number.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging service application.
- It allows you to change your phone number for your WhatsApp when you want to.
- It lets you migrate your information to the other number you want.
WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps all over the world. It is absolutely easy to use for users looking to connect with family and business. If for any reason, you are changing your phone number, you can also change your WhatsApp number easily.
Also Read: How to Make Your Android Look Like an iPhone
You can do so by using the WhatsApp Change Number Feature. It allows you to change your WhatsApp number on the same phone. Moreover, you do not have to remove the app from your phone.
Also Read: 7 Apps To Boost Your Productivity
How To Change Your WhatsApp Number
Please follow the steps below to do it successfully:
- Step 1
First, open your WhatsApp and tap on more Options (the three-vertical dot)
- Step 2
Now, from the drop-down options, tap on Settings.
Then tap on your profile picture and you will find which number is verified on your app right now.
- Step 3
Go back to your Settings options and choose Account.
- Step 4
Here, you will find the Change number option, tap on the option.
- Step 5
Once you tap next, you will be asked to enter your old number and the new number.
- Step 6
Once you are done filling the boxes with numbers, then tap next.
- Step 7
If you want to notify your contacts, enable Notify Contacts, it will redirect you to a new page. You have three options :
All contacts: All your contacts will be notified
Contacts I have chats with: Contacts you have chats with will be notified
Custom: You’ll need to search for or select the contacts you want to notify.
- Step 8
After selecting tap on Done. Your groups will be automatically notified.
- Step 9
Now you simply have to follow the prompts to verify your new phone number.
Also Read: 9 Things To Do With Your New Android Phone
After using the changed number feature the account with your old phone number will be deleted. Once you are done with it, your account will be deleted. However, you will have to back up all your data and chat.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.