How To Download WhatsApp Status Posted By Your Friends!
WhatsApp is an immensely famous instant messaging platform and comes with several features including support for voice and video calls with individuals or groups. There is also an option to send images, video, and audio messages to users and groups. Over a year ago, WhatsApp introduced the Status feature that allows users to share photos, videos, and GIFs in the form of a status that automatically disappears after 24 hours. This was a clone of the Story feature on Snapchat and Instagram. This feature slowly picked up popularity among users and is now commonly used to share news, achievements, and other photos and videos.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp allows users to share stories on their application which stay for a duration of 24 hours
- WhatsApp stories support images, text, videos, and GIFs that can be viewed by your contacts
- There are fine-grained privacy controls in this section allowing you to choose which users can see your stories, you can also see who all have seen your story
The WhatsApp Story or Whatsapp Status feature became immensely popular over time and is commonly used by people to share messages, achievements, memories, and news with friends and family. The WhatsApp application is a massive platform with over a billion users and supports voice and video call among other features, the instant messaging platform is also introducing WhatsApp pay feature to its users for in-app payments.
The WhatsApp stories feature was initially considered as a clone of the Snapchat and Instagram stories feature that allows users to post a photo, video, or GIF to the viewers for a duration of 24 hours. This feature also allows you to address a larger audience at once and update them about the latest happenings.
Users commonly post photos and videos on this platform which can be viewed for up to 24 hours from posting, if you wish to download them for future viewing or re-posting then there is no official way of doing the same thing.
While it is possible to take a screenshot to save the image statuses, this is not an option for videos. Even the screenshots further deteriorate the quality of the images as it was posted on WhatsApp, this guide shows you some of the best ways to store these images or videos permanently on your smartphone.
How to Download WhatsApp Status Posted by Friends
There are two ways of saving WhatsApp status easily. The first way is to use a dedicated app for this task. However, if you need to save the image status occasionally then you might want to choose a manual way without having to install a third-party application.
Method 1: Download WhatsApp Status using File Manager
WhatsApp saves the status files locally on the phone, but these are erased after a span of 24 hours. You can copy them to a temporary folder to keep them safe and prevent them from getting deleted after 24 hours. You will need a file manager app for this action, most modern smartphones including Samsung, Sony, OnePlus, and Xiaomi come with a file manager pre-installed.
Locate the app named as Files or File Manager or download a File Manager from the Google Play Store as it will come very handy in the future. Follow the instructions below to use the File Manager app and download the WhatsApp status for future use.
- Start off by viewing the status that you want to save on the WhatsApp application, this will create a temporary copy of the app on your phone storage
- Now navigate to the File Manager app of your choice and open it
- Enable the option to Show Hidden Files, you will need to open the settings of the file manager app to enable this option
- Now navigate to the WhatsApp folder in the internal storage and open the Media folder, now locate the folder called as .Statuses and open it
- Copy the photos or videos that you want to save from this folder and save it in a temporary location outside this folder for future access
- Now you will be able to access the images and videos from that folder forever
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.