How To Enable Battery Percentage On iPhone 12 And iPhone 12 Mini
Whether you have or are getting an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini, the default way to check the current battery life is via the tiny battery icon in the top right of the status bar. But that does not accurately depict how much juice is left, not as a specific percentage indicator would. Therefore if you want the exact battery percentage displayed on the home screen, here’s how you can enable it.
Highlights of the Story
- Battery life on your iPhone 12 series usually lasts a day or a day and a half so it is essential to have the battery percentage visible on the home screen.
- Battery percentage gives you an advantage where you can charge your battery timely before it runs out.
- Here are some tips on how you can keep an eye on the battery percentage of iPhone and monitor its performance.
Times were a bit simpler in the past few years when you can toggle a small switch in settings, and the battery percentage would be visible to you in the status bar. But with iPhone 12, things are a bit complicated. So here’s a quick way on how you can see the battery percentage on iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone, you’ll see the control center
- There you’ll be able to see the battery percentage on iPhone appear next o the battery icon.
- This is just a temporary solution, but if you want to display battery percentage, check other options like widgets.
Other options to enable Battery Percentage on iPhone
1. Use widgets to Show Battery Percentage
With the introduction of iOS 14, Apple also introduced the support for widgets that can be added to your home screen. There are a few options in widgets for batteries, but you won’t see the battery percentage on iPhone in them unless to select the correct one.
To add one, you need to go on your home screen and long-press there, then tap on the plus(+) sign that appears in the top left corner, and the widgets menu will appear.
Now select the “Batteries” widget. There are three different options available, among which there a small one that takes up four app spaces (2 x 2), a medium one that occupies eight app spaces (4 x 2), and a more detailed large one that takes up 16 app spaces ( 4 x 4). To add one, you can drag and drop or just hit “Add widget” to drop one in the right place.
The catch is that all the widgets show you the battery life, but if you have any other devices connected, such as Apple Watch or AirPods, only the medium and the large-sized widget will show it.
2. Ask Siri using voice command
If you use Siri frequently, you’ll know that you can ask Siri the below questions to see the battery status. As there are many options, you can go with your instinct and ask Siri a direct question about your battery percentage on your iPhone. Here are few other questions you can ask Siri:
- What is my battery percentage?
- Battery percentage?
- Battery status?
- Battery left?
- Battery charged?
- How much battery do I have left?
Most of you may know already that when you plug in your iPhone for charging, you’ll be able to see the battery percentage on iPhone as soon as the device starts charging. So irrespective of how you charge your device, whether using the lightning port, MagSafe charger, or wireless charging, you’ll be able to see.
In the case of charging via MagSafe, the charging animation is different for the iPhone 12 lineup. This is not available in the rest of the iPhones; you’ll see the standard battery icon percentage under it.
You’ll see a similar notification on the lock screen once you remove your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini from a power source or wireless charging. In addition, the date option below the clock on the lock screen will be replaced with the battery percentage on iPhone.
4. Go with third-party apps
If the above options don’t suit you, third-party apps available can show the current battery percentage on iPhone in the app or the widget. Here are some of the best apps that you can choose from:
The app displays your battery performance in detail. It shows voltage, temperature as well as battery usage charts. With battery percentage on iPhone displayed in the widget, it also shows your usage patterns. The widget can also be easily customised with colour themes as per your choice. The app is available on Apple App Store for free.
Battery Life Doctor Pro
The app gives you information about your battery usage and tips on improving your battery life in the long run. It supports devices starting from iOS 11, so if you are using any of the older iPhones, it’ll be a great choice. You can download the app from Apple App Store.
Usage: System Activity Widgets
If you want other tools for your device and battery monitoring, this is an excellent app for you. In total, the app has 21 widgets for iOS 14 gadgets. Along with battery details, the app also shows you detailed specifications about your device hardware. Similar to battery HD, the app also provides you with options to customise the app. You can download the app from here.
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.