How To Enable Battery Percentage On iPhone 12 And iPhone 12 Mini
Whether you have or are getting an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini, the default way to check the current battery life is via the tiny battery icon in the top right of the status bar. But that does not accurately depict how much juice is left, not as a specific percentage indicator would. Therefore if you want the exact battery percentage displayed on the home screen, here’s how you can enable it.
Highlights of the Story
- Battery life on your iPhone 12 series usually lasts a day or a day and a half so it is essential to have the battery percentage visible on the home screen.
- Battery percentage gives you an advantage where you can charge your battery timely before it runs out.
- Here are some tips on how you can keep an eye on the battery percentage of your iPhone and monitor its performance.
Times were a bit simpler in the past few years where you can just toggle a small switch in settings and the battery percentage would be visible to you in the status bar. But with iPhone 12 the things are a bit complicated, here’s a quick way on how you can see the battery percentage:
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone to see the control center
- There you’ll be able to see the battery percentage appear next o the battery icon
- This is just a temporary solution, but if you want to display battery percentage, check other options like widgets.
Here are few other options that you can try
1. Use widgets to Show Battery Percentage
With the introduction of iOS 14, Apple also introduced the support for widgets that can be added to your home screen. There are a few options in widgets for batteries, but you won’t see the battery percentage in them unless to select the correct one.
To add one, you just need to go on your home screen and long-press there, then tap on the plus(+) sign that appears in the top left corner, and the widgets menu will appear.
Now select the “Batteries” widget. There are three different options available, among which there a small one that takes up four app spaces (2 x 2), a medium one that occupies eight app spaces (4 x 2), and a more detailed large one that takes up 16 app spaces ( 4 x 4). To add one, you can drag and drop or just hit “Add widget” to drop one in the right place.
Now the catch is that all the widgets show you the battery life, but if you have any other devices connected, such as Apple Watch or AirPods, only the medium and the large-sized widget will show it.
2. Ask Siri using voice command
In case you use Siri frequently, you’ll know that you can ask Siri the below questions to see the battery status. As there are a lot of options, you can just go with your instinct and ask Siri a direct question about your battery percentage. Here are few other questions you can ask Siri:
- What is my battery percentage?
- Battery percentage?
- Battery status?
- Battery left?
- Battery charged?
- How much battery do I have left?
Most of you may know already that when you plug in your iPhone for charging, you’ll be able to see the battery percentage as soon as the device starts charging. Irrespective of how you charge your device, whether using the lightning port, MagSafe charger, or wireless charging, you’ll be able to see.
In the case of charging via MagSafe, the charging animation is different for the iPhone 12 lineup. This is not available in the rest of the iPhones; you’ll see the standard battery icon percentage under it.
You’ll see a similar notification on the lock screen once you remove your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini from a power source or wireless charging. The date option below the clock on the lock screen will be replaced with the battery percentage.
4. Go with third-party apps
In the case the above options don’t suit you, there are third-party apps available that can show the current battery percentage in the app or the widget. Here are some of the best apps that you can choose from:
The app displays your battery performance in detail. It shows voltage, temperature as well as battery usage charts. With battery percentage in the widget, it also shows your usage patterns. The widget can also be easily customized with color themes as per your choice. The app is available on Apple App Store for free.
Battery Life Doctor Pro
The app gives you information about your battery usage and provides you tips on how you can improve your battery life in the long run. It supports devices starting from iOS 11, so if you are using any of the older iPhones, it’ll be a great choice. You can download the app from Apple App Store.
Usage: System Activity Widgets
If you want other tools for your device along with battery monitoring, this is an excellent app for you. In total, the app has 21 widgets for iOS 14 devices. Along with battery details, the app also shows you detailed specifications about your device hardware. Similar to battery HD, the app also provides you with options to customize the app. You can download the app from here.
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.