iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro – What Are The Differences, Which One To Buy
The iPhone 12 series was launched last year and has been very successful, however, with so many devices in the newly launched series the decision to buy one is a difficult one to make. There are so many factors to consider, including price that make it more challenging to decide which of the devices to select and make your primary device. This article will help you through all the different aspects of the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro to help you understand which device fits your need.
Highlights of the Story
- The iPhone 12 series was launched recently and includes 4 iPhone variants this year.
- The iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max have an additional camera when compared to the other devices in the lineup
- Here we talk about the differences between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro and which one you should buy.
The current generation iPhone series includes the iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The choice of so many devices in the latest iPhone series makes the choice extremely difficult for several users who might be getting their first iPhone. The iPhone 12 Pro offers several advantages over the standard iPhone 12 and we discuss and compare the two devices to help you make the choice.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
Design – iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro
The iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro are both based on a sandwich glass design, the smartphones have glass on the front, and the back. However, the key difference between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro is the material used for the outer frame, the iPhone 12 uses a very standard Aluminum frame while the iPhone 12 Pro uses a more premium and sturdier stainless-steel frame.
Both the devices feature an IP68 resistant design and also have the exact same dimensions in terms of height, width, and thickness, however, the iPhone 12 weighs in at just 164 grams while the costlier iPhone 12 Pro weighs in at 189 grams despite being the exact same size.
Display – iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro
Coming to the display, the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro are pretty much identical. Both the smartphones feature a Super Retina XDR OLED display and support both HDR 10 as well as Dolby Vision. However, the key difference between the displays is that while the iPhone 12 only has a 625 nits typical brightness, the iPhone 12 Pro has a much higher typical brightness of 800 nits.
The peak brightness on both the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro is capped at 1200 nits and both the devices have a screen that measures 6.1-inches diagonally having an 1170 x 2532 resolution display. The smartphones here both have a Scratch-resistant ceramic glass with an oleophobic coating to prevent fingerprints on the beautiful display. The iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro displays both support a Wide color gamut and True Tone.
Camera – iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro
This is where we start seeing the major differences between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro, the cameras are probably the easiest way to justify upgrading to an iPhone 12 Pro instead of getting an iPhone 12.
The iPhone 12 comes with a standard dual-camera setup on the rear while the iPhone 12 Pro comes with an extra telephoto lens which can come very handy when you want to zoom at distant objects.
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro both have a primary 12MP camera with an f/1.6 aperture and an ultrawide lens with 12MP resolution and f/2.4 aperture. Along with these two cameras, the iPhone 12 Pro has an additional 12MP f/2.0 aperture telephoto lens with a 2x optical zoom. Both the devices support recording at 4K resolution at up to 60FPS and with Dolby Vision support.
Performance – iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro
iPhones are quite well known for their reliable performance over several years and it would be wrong to say that the iPhone 12 doesn’t perform well. However, it is important to note the small but relevant differences between the two smartphones and understand if it actually impacts daily usage. The iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro are both powered by the same Apple A14 Bionic chipset that is based on a 5nm manufacturing process.
However, the iPhone 12 only comes with 4GB of RAM and has internal storage ranging from 64GB to 256GB while the more expensive iPhone 12 Pro comes with a more capable 6GB RAM and has storage ranging from 128GB to 512GB. While the RAM and other performance differences are not acknowledged by Apple it does make a slight difference when you are gaming or performing intensive tasks.
Battery – iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro
Both the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro come with a standard 2,815mAh battery with support for 20W fast charging. Unlike the previous iPhone models that came with the slow charger, the iPhone 12 / 12 Pro doesn’t even come with a charger in the box and only includes a charging cable in the standard packaging.
Luckily the device supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 standard, and it is easy to find a compatible brick, the devices both also support fast wireless charging up to 15W for a quick recharge.
While the differences are not too many, the most significant difference between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro is probably in the cost. While the iPhone 12 is available for just Rs 79,999 for the base model, the iPhone 12 Pro costs a whopping Rs 1,19,000 for the base model.
It is very difficult to justify this price difference with just the addition of one camera and a small bump up in the RAM and Storage. While the iPhone 12 offers a better value for money, the iPhone 12 Pro comes with an additional camera and can be considered if you often zoom in and capture images.
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…