iPhone 12 Mini vs iPhone 12 vs iPhone 12 Pro: Which Is The Best For You?
Apple launched their iPhone 12 series of smartphones yesterday via a virtual event. The question that comes up now is that, which one should one buy? We have made a detailed comparison between three models.
Highlights of the Story
- All the iPhone 12 series smartphones come with 5G
- iPhone 12 mini is the cheapest offering in the series
- All the models come with the A14 bionic SoC
This year has probably seen the most number of iPhones. The iPhone 11 series of smartphones were definitely amazing but, the 12 series takes it to incredible heights of excellence. The iPhone 11 series had three phones namely the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. Whereas, the Apple iPhone 12 series consists of four models which are kind of similar for the most part. However, there are still a variety of differences which sets them apart.
Apple iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 12 Mini Vs iPhone 12 Pro: Design And Display
For the most part, all three of these iPhones look very similar. Moreover, all three of them come with IP68 certification, making them water resistant up to 6 meters and for 30 minutes.
If we talk about the differences, it lies mainly in the size, weight and color of these iPhones. The Apple iPhone 12 and 12 mini come in Black, Blue, Green and shades of Red and White. On the other hand, the Apple iPhone 12 Pro comes in Pacific Blue, Gold, Graphite and Silver color options.
Coming to the display, this is where most users will determine their purchase decisions. While some want a smartphone that fits right in their hands, others go for bigger displays for a slightly more immersive experience. There is nothing to worry as the iPhone 12 series has something for everyone to choose from.
The Apple iPhone 12 mini comes with the smallest display at 5.4-inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. This is understandable as it is the cheapest model in the series. On the other hand, both the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro come with 6.1-inches of display with a resolution of 1170 x 2532 pixels. However, one thing to note here is that all three of these devices come with an OLED display. So, the main difference is just the size and the quality is just the same.
Apple iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 12 Mini Vs iPhone 12 Pro: Camera And Battery
The Apple iPhone 12 and 12 mini, both come with a dual rear camera setup. Additionally, the setup includes a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a secondary 12-megapixel ultra-wide sensor with a 120-degree field of view. Moreover, the primary sensor also comes with OIS or optical image stabilization.
On the other hand, the Apple iPhone 12 Pro comes with a triple rear camera setup. The setup includes the same sensors as the iPhone 12 and 12 mini. However, the third sensor is a telephoto one allows up to 4x of optical zoom.
Also read: Oppo A53s To Launch On October 13
One thing to note here is that all three of the smartphones come with a 12-megapixel selfie shooter.
When it comes to the battery backup of the devices, the exact battery capacities of the devices is still under wraps. However, as per Apple’s statements, 12 mini can manage up to 15 hours of video playback. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 can deliver up to 17 hours of video playback. Furthermore, the 12 Pro is said to deliver up to 20 hours of video playback.
Apple iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 12 Mini Vs iPhone 12 Pro: Processor And Performance
On the processor front, all three of the Apple smartphones come with the latest and greatest A14 Bionic chipset. This is the most powerful chipset by the company and can beat any Android processor easily. Moreover, the best thing is the fact that even the cheapest iPhone 12 mini comes with this chipset.
Additionally, the chipset in the Apple iPhone 12 and 12 mini are paired with up to 256GB of internal storage. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 Pro comes with up to 512GB of internal storage. Moreover, all three of the smartphones run on iOS 14.
Price And Availability
The iPhone 12 mini price starts from $699 for the 64GB variant. This prices rises to $749 for the 128GB variant and $849 for the 256GB one.
On the other hand, the iPhone 12 price starts from $799 for the 64GB variant. Furthermore, the price of the 128GB variant has been set at $849 and $949 for the 256GB model.
Lastly, the iPhone 12 Pro price starts from $999 for the 128GB variant. Moreover, the 256GB variant comes with a price tag of $1,099 and the 512GB variant costs $1,299.
Going by the specifications, you can literally pick any one of the three and not regret it. However, the real thing that will determine your purchase is the price. If you are on a tight budget then the Apple iPhone12 mini is a great option to go for. On the other hand, if you are an Apple fan and always get their hands on the latest and greatest, the iPhone 12 Pro is definitely the way to go.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…