How To Remove Virus From Android Phone – 3 Easy Steps!
While Android makes Smartphones more accessible to people, it is claimed to be more vulnerable to attacks and viruses. If you own an Android phone and feel that your smartphone is acting abnormally then there is a chance that it is infected by a virus or malware that is resulting in unexpected behavior. Most users tend to factory reset their smartphones when such situations arise, and this results in massive data loss. However, there are multiple other ways of dealing with this problem and you can effectively remove viruses from your Android smartphone without performing a Factory Reset and this article shows you how to do it.
Highlights of the Story
- Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems and is backed by the software giant Google
- While Android offers more freedom to users and customization, it is believed to be less secure than iOS and more vulnerable to virus and other attacks
- Luckily, even if your smartphone gets infected by a virus, there are some ways of removing the virus without performing a factory reset
Android smartphones have evolved a lot in the past few years and are not worth the competition with the iPhones, however, one despite all the software improvements in the security department, Android is still considered vulnerable to virus and malware much more than iOS smartphones. The most common reason behind this is the openness of Android and its customization ability that unknowingly leaves more room for attacks from 3rd party software.
The apps downloaded from Google Play Store are generally safe due to the multiple levels of inspection that they go through before being approved for distribution, however, if you download an application from a 3rd part source then you let go of this safety net and are more vulnerable to virus and malware. In this guide, we talk about the different ways you can remove viruses from your Android smartphone without having to perform a factory reset.
If you do get a virus on your smartphone, you could perform a factory reset to get rid of it, but that means that you’d lose all your data including photos, saved games, text messages, and almost everything else. Many times, when people think that their Android phone crashes at startup, or are unable to download apps from Play Store, it is assumed to be a virus. If you have such issues check for the below questions
- Did the issue arise after you downloaded an app or file or have you sideloaded an app recently from a third-party source outside the official Google Play Store?
- Did you tap on an ad that downloaded a file or app that you did not intend to download?
- Does the error or problem occur only in a particular app on your smartphone?
If any of the above is true then there is a chance that you might have some malware on your system, luckily, there are simple ways to fix this without a factory reset.
How to Remove Virus from Android Phone?
The Google Play Store has several dozens of Android virus removal apps, however, most of them are bloated and require you to pay for these features which you might not even need. There are a few good options that offer value and we have listed them below for your convenience. If you think your smartphone is infected with Android malware then it might be a good idea to install one of the apps below to scan your smartphone and then remove the malware.
Malwarebytes is one of the most trusted software in the desktop security space, Malwarebytes also comes as an Android app for your smartphone and has Android or mobile-specific malware definitions. The free version of the Malwarebytes app scans and removes threats that it finds. There is also an option to audit the app permissions so that you can track the access given to different applications.
The free version doesn’t come with ads either, however, the Premium version adds real-time detection of Malware on your smartphone and offers other features that most users might not need. Malwarebytes is undoubtedly one of the best virus scanner and remover tools for Android on the Google Play Store.
Download: Malwarebytes Security
Bitdefender is another well-known name in the desktop security space and it is a solid virus removal tool for Android mainly because of the lightweight nature. There is also support for Cloud scanning which is an extremely optimized way of dealing with virus scanning and greatly reduces the impact in performance on your device. The app comes with core features and not many unwanted features making it a simple choice for most users.
The free variant of the app comes with ads in the software, you can upgrade to the premium version to remove the ads, overall, with or without the premium offering, Bitdefender is an amazing choice to run a scan and remove the virus on your smartphone.
Download: Bitdefender Antivirus
Manual Remove of Malware on Android using Safe Mode
For most users, the above-mentioned options are generally a good choice to find and remove malware on an Android device. However, if they do not work, or if you wish to get the work done manually then you can follow this section of the guide.
Similar to Windows Safe mode, Android has its own safe mode and if you believe that your system has a virus then you can use this system to check your system. Safe Mode loads the operating system without any third-party software installed, this means that you can find out if an app is causing an issue and then remove it safely.
Once you are in Safe Mode, go to the Settings app and open the Apps section, now open the Downloaded tab. Here go through the listed apps and try locating the malicious app. Try recollecting when the when the issues arose and remove any apps that you installed around that time and check if an app you did not install is in the list.
Select the app that you wish to uninstall and then choose to Uninstall on the info page to remove the app and then remove your phone our of safe mode to see if the virus is gone.
Nox Security guarantees protection against all types of viruses, malwares and the other different dangers on the web. It is equipped in such a way that it can easily handle all the dreadful security concerns. In addition to that, it is a free virus cleaner that can also clean junk documents and ensures wifi security and message security. It also acts as a notification blocker, app locker, call blocker and is excellent in file encryption. It stops power-draining applications and shields your smartphone from network attacks.
- Ensures that your smartphone keeps far away from viruses and malware.
- Ensure and lock your applications to prevent security penetrations.
- Blocks spam and other dubious calls.
- Prevent others from peeping into your notification preview.
- Blocks annoying useless notifications.
- Protects apps and guards privacy.
- Protects your gadget from any sort of network attacks.
- Stop power-draining apps with simply only one tap.
- Free up and get more storage space.
This Antivirus software ensures peace of mind by ensuring safe web browsing, PC optimization and password manager with VPN. McAfee is a premium antivirus software that provides protection from latest viruses, malwares, spywares and ransomware attacks. It also safeguards the identity and privacy of the individual. With comprehensive internet security, multi-faceted privacy protection and on-the-go secure wifi, this is one of the best antivirus softwares out there. You are provided with 3 plans – Individual, Multi-Device and Family, to choose from. This software is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android devices.
- Complete privacy protection while browsing
- Permanently deletes sensitive digital files
- Protects up to 10 devices
- An easy to use web-based console
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.