How To Take A Screenshot On Any Android Phone
If you have been using an Android phone and are new to the operating system, we know that it can be quite a difficult task to find a way to take a screenshot on your device. The screenshot is a name given to the action of capturing the contents of your screen.
You might be reading something that you want to share with the world, or you might want to show the contents of your screen to your friends then the best way is to take a screenshot rather than clicking a picture of your screen from another device.
Now, taking a screenshot is very easy when it comes to any Android device. And yes, the methods described here work on any and every Android device out there. There are other methods too on devices from OEMs such as Samsung, OnePlus and others. We know for sure that the method described below is universal and will work regardless of your device maker. So let’s get started and take a screenshot on your Android device:
Steps to take a screenshot on any Android device: the easiest way
To capture a screenshot on your Android device, press the Power button and the Volume Down key of your device and hold it for a few seconds.
- While holding both the keys at the same time, you will hear a click sound similar to the one you hear when a photo is captured from your camera.
- This sound means that your screenshot has been captured and you will see the captured screenshot in your notification shade as well.
- Now you have the option to edit the screenshot, share it or delete it if needed.
- The screenshot is now in your gallery, and there will be a separate Screenshot folder in the gallery where you can find all your captured screenshots.
As we mentioned earlier, this is the first and the easiest method of taking a screenshot on your device. However, we have seen several instances where people are not able to capture screenshots using this method, so we have other ways to take a screenshot as well.
Also, the alternate methods for taking a screenshot will be useful to you if your power button or the volume buttons are not working as long as your display is working.
The alternate method to take a screenshot on your device
This alternate method of taking a screenshot is with the help of third-party apps. All those applications which are not provided on your device by default are called third-party apps. that you can download from the Google Play Store or even on the internet.
Screenshot Easy lets you take a screenshot on your device with an overlay icon which means you don’t have to press any buttons but instead tap on your display and the screenshot will be captured.
You can also enable a permanent icon in the notification bar so that whenever you feel like taking a screenshot, open the notification bar and click on the capture screenshot button to take a screenshot.
You also have the option of taking a screenshot with the gesture of shaking your phone. So if you shake your smartphone, the screenshot will be captured.
Super Screenshot is another excellent application available on the Google Play Store, which you can use to take screenshots. One of the best things about this app is that it is ad-free and free to download.
You can not only take screenshots with ease, but you can also crop them so that you only share the part of your screenshot which you want and discard the other stuff.
Also, one advantage of using Super Screenshot is that you can set the path where all your screenshots will be saved. So if you are low on storage and have an SD card installed on your device, you can set the storage path for saving screenshots to the SD card rather than internal storage which means you can take as many screenshots as you want without worrying about low storage.
You can also scribble on your screenshots with Super Screenshot app as is it lets you annotate your screenshot to write text, add notes and also add filters to your screenshots.
Stay up to date with the latest smartphone news with Cashify.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…