Huawei Y9s is the Chinese manufacturer’s latest player in the mid-range smartphone segment in India. It was released back in November last year and now, it has finally made its way to India. The device packs in a ginormous 6.59-inch panel along with Kirin 710F under the hood, a decent triple camera setup at the back and a 16MP pop-up selfie camera.
Huawei Y9S Price in India
Huawei Y9S is the latest addition to Huawei’s popular ‘Y-series’ of smartphones. It is launched at an aggressive price tag of Rs. 19,990 in India. Huawei Y9S price in India is kept very competitive with respect to the features it offers. It is available exclusively on Amazon India for purchase in three colour options – Breathing Crystal, Phantom Purple and Midnight Black.
Huawei Y9s delivers almost all the features that you can get with any other smartphone in the market with this price tag. The Y9s gets the forgotten pop-up style selfie camera which offers a “FullView” display experience, making more room for content at the front. The device boasts a very premium design that you’ll love and has a decent processor under the hood that allows it to handle everything you do in your daily life.
- A bezel-less/notch-less panel
- Decent cameras on-board
- Decent internals
- 4,000mAh battery
- It doesn’t have fast charging support
- Runs Android 9
- Single 6GB+128GB variant
A full-screen display, impressive cameras & a satisfactory performance makes Huawei Y9S an all-in-one package and a worth considering one.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Y9s packs a beautiful and vivid 6.59-inch FHD+ panel boasting a resolution of 1080 x 2340 with 391PPI. The device has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a 91% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to the pop-up selfie camera. With minimal bezels all around, Huawei calls this as an Ultra FullView display.
The Huawei Y9s, like any other Huawei phones, is capable of grabbing eyeballs from almost every other angle you can look at. The Y9s shares the same glass design that we have seen on previous Huawei phones. The smoothly polished glass along with curved edges promise all the comfort that you desire. Available in three colour options – Midnight Black, Breathing Crystal and Phantom Purple, the Huawei Y9s gets shimmery colour changing back design. We have the triple rear camera stacked vertically along the top-left corner. The volume rockers and a fingerprint scanner embedded in the power button are located at the right-hand side. At the bottom sits the 3.5mm audio jack along with a USB Type-C charging port and speaker grille.
With Kirin 710F octa-core chipset, the performance of Huawei Y9S is impressive and unbeatable. The octa-core CPU gets four 2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & four 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 cores, which is further paired with Mali-G51 MP4 GPU. With a single RAM and UFS 2.1 storage variant of 6GB+128GB, the Huawei Y9s gets expandable storage and EMUI 9.1 running on Android 9.0 (Pie) out-of-the-box.
The cameras on the Huawei Y9s will surely overtake its competitors, especially when looking on spec-sheet. It arrives with a single 16MP pop-up selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture.
On the back, there’s a triple-camera setup with a 48MP primary wide camera with f/1.8 aperture. Flanked with the primary sensors are its 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture and a third 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The device can grab videos at Full-HD resolution at 30fps.
The Huawei Y9S packs in a giant 4,000 mAh non-removable battery that offers a battery life supporting continuous calling for 40 hours. Unfortunately, we get a standard 10W charging support on the Huawei Y9s. This can be a deal-breaker as nowadays, even budget smartphones support some kind of fast charging support out-of-the-box.
An all-rounder device, the Huawei Y9s gives you a complete package of decent internals in a stunning, premium-looking body. With very less areas to pick flaws from, the device is worth to get your hands on.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.42 inches
- Weight206 g
- ColorMidnight Black, Breathing Crystal, Phantom Purple
- BuildGlass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Width3.04 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.59 inches
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Pixel Density391 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio84.7%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73, 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 9.1
- Chipset GPKirin 710F (12 nm)
- GPUMali-G51 MP4
- Expandable MemorymicroSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 6GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p60fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Single CameraMotorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh battery
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- ChargingCharging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2020, May 19
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Huawei Y9s
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare