Mi Band 5 vs Mi Band 4: Complete Comparison
Mi announced the Band 5 smart wearable this Thursday. The Mi Band 5 is a successor to the Band 4 and we have come up with a detailed comparison between the two.
Highlights of the Story
- Mi Band 5 comes with over 100 watchfaces
- A heart rate monitoring feature is available on both the devices
- Mi Band 5 comes with a better sleep tracking feature along with REM detection
Mi Band 5 Vs Mi Band 4: Specifications
The latest Mi Band 5 features a larger 1.1-inch coloured AMOLED display when compared to the Band 4. Moreover, the Band 5 comes with over a 100 new animated watchfaces. Furthermore, the fitness tracker on the Band 5 also has 11 sport modes along with a Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) Activity Index. This features offers users the ability to track and analyze their fitness regime better.
On the other hand, the Mi Band 4 features a smaller 0.78-inch colored OLED display. Additionally, it comes with 77 watchfaces as opposed to the 100 in the Band 5. Furthermore, the Band 4 features six sports modes as opposed to the 11 modes on the Band 5.
Both the wearables have a 2.5D glass protection on the display for protection. Additionally, both the smart bands come with an in-built microphone for voice command support. Furthermore, both the Mi bands have water-resistance of up to 50 metres. Another great feature that the wearables come with is identification of the various swimming strokes.
Also read: Leaks: OnePlus Nord N10 5G Price, Specs
The Mi Band 5 comes with an enhanced sleep monitoring feature with REM detection. This allows users to efficiently track their sleeping patterns. On the other hand, the Band 4 comes with a 24-hour sleep detection as well. However, the sleep detection on the Band 4 comes without REM detection support. Additionally, both the wearables come with a 24-hour heart rate monitoring feature.
A very big change in the Band 5 is the charging mechanism. The Band 5 comes with magnetic charging support which allows users to charge the device with the strap still on.
Coming to the battery back up of the devices, the company claims that the Band 5 NFC variant delivers up to 14 days of backup. Additionally, Xiaomi also claims that the standard variant offers up to 20 days of backup on a single charge. On the other hand, the Band 4 delivers up to 20 days of backup on a single charge.
Price And Availability
The Mi Band 5 price has been set at Rs. 2,499 in India. Furthermore, the Mi band comes in Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow and Green strap color options. When it comes to the availability of the device, the Band 5 is available for purchase on the Mi Store app.
Also read: Oppo Watch ECG Edition Launched
On the other hand, the Mi Band 4 price in India has been set at Rs. 2,299. It is available on the Mi Store for purchase as well. Furthermore, the devices can be purchased via offline partner and Mi Home stores as well.
Both the wearables prove to be excellent value for money devices. However, the Mi Band 5 offers a slightly better experience overall because of improved features and upgrades.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…