Moto G9 Vs Moto G8: All Upgrades Compared
Motorola launched the G9 model in India this Monday as the latest addition to the ‘G’ series of phones. It is a successor to the Moto G8 which was launched in Brazil earlier this year. However, the two have a variety of differences and we made a direct comparison of the two.
Highlights of the Story
- Moto G9 is powered by the Snapdragon 662 SoC while the G8 is powered by the Snapdragon 665 chipset
- The Moto G9 has a 48MP+2MP+2MP triple camera setup while the G8 has a 16MP+8MP+2MP setup
When it comes to the specifications of the devices, there are quite a variety of differences. For starters, the Moto G9 is powered by the Snapdragon 662 chipset whereas the Moto G8 is powered by the Snapdragon 665 SoC. For serving the purpose of photography and videos, both the phones have quite different camera setups as well.
The Moto G9 has a triple camera setup of a 48-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.7 lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 lens and a 2-megapixel macro sensor with an f/2.4 lens. On the other hand, the G8 has a 16-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.7 lens along with a secondary 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 lens and a 2-megapixel macro sensor with f/2.2 lens. However, both the devices have an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
Furthermore, the Moto G9 is fueled by a 5000 mAh battery with 20W fast charging support. On the other hand, the Moto G8 has a 4000 mAh battery with 10W charging support. Also, the battery is probably However, there are certain areas where the devices have similar specifications.
Both the devices have an HD+ display along with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. However, the G9 might be a tad bigger with a 6.5-inch display. This is unlike the Moto G8 which has a slightly smaller 6.4-inch display. Both the smartphones have rear mounted fingerprint scanners as well.
Price and Color Comparison Of The Two
The Moto G9 is priced at Rs 11,499 for the single 4GB/64GB variant. On the other hand, the Moto G8 was released in Brazil for BRL 1,299 which is roughly Rs 17,100 in India. However, one thing to note here is that the G8 never released in India. The G9 is released in Forest Green and Sapphire Blue color options. On the other hand, the G8 was released in Pearl White and Neon Blue color options.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…