Android 12 Features Leaked: Improved Gaming Controller Vibration, App Pairs, And More
Google can introduce the Android 12 OS sometime in Q2 2021 at the I/O developer’s conference. However, if it is happening, an early beta version should be available much-before the announcement in February. Just how Android 11 early beta came out in mid-February 2020.
Mountain View giant has started the active development of the OS. Because we are now hearing details about four new features that will be finding their way to the upcoming Android 12 OS. It can revamp the split-screen multitasking feature with ‘App Pairs’. In addition, it will improve game controller vibration when connected to an Android phone. Moreover, it will also have restricted Network mode, and lastly, allow easier sharing of Wi-Fi passwords with nearby devices.
Also Read: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC Launched
Android 12 Features Leaked
However, the current Android 11 system pins one app and then creates a split-screen for the second app. It hides most of the app as the below portion opens the home screen to pick a second app. However, this will change in Android 12 as Google is planning on grouping two apps together to perform as one single task. It means that they will be able to pick two of their recently opened apps. This in turn can become a pair in the recent apps menu.
Meaning, once the apps are paired, users can swap to using a single app and then swap back to the ‘app pair’ that is created. However, it isn’t clear whether Google will allow users to create custom shortcuts of two apps of their liking.
Improved gaming controller vibration, App Pairs, and more
Additionally, Android 12’s App Pairs system will have a divider that can be used to adjust the length. Or it can quickly swap the positions of the two apps by double-tapping the divider. Considering the gaming rise, Google is finally willing to make some changes to the controller rumble situation on Android. Some of the changes include improved game controller rumble is in spot. Initially, Android doesn’t include an API to generate vibrations on external devices like a connected game controller. However, it is not true now as Android does feature rudimentary support for vibrating externally connected devices.
The latest code changes suggest that Google will add support for amplitude control that can generate custom vibration effects. Not all game controllers will support as gamepad’s driver support force feedback under Linux. However, the code commits are not merged yet, so there’s no way to tell whether the improved game controller rumble will make its way to Android 12.
Lastly, Android 12 will allow nearby sharing of Wi-Fi passwords. At present, Android 10 and above can share Wi-Fi passwords using the QR code. However, with Android 12, Wi-Fi password sharing will be integrated into the Nearby Share feature. This makes it seamless to share private information with trusted devices. For the Nearby Share to work, both the devices should be on this OS. However, it isn’t clear what protocol the system will use.
Additionally, Google is also working on ‘Restricted Networking’ mode, which once activated will provide access to those applications that have the network permission. Those without permission cannot have access to the internet.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.