Android 12 Features Leaked: Improved Gaming Controller Vibration, App Pairs, And More
Google can introduce the Android 12 OS sometime in Q2 2021 at the I/O developer’s conference. However, if it is happening, an early beta version should be available much-before the announcement in February. Just how Android 11 early beta came out in mid-February 2020.
Mountain View giant has started the active development of the OS. Because we are now hearing details about four new features that will be finding their way to the upcoming Android 12 OS. It can revamp the split-screen multitasking feature with ‘App Pairs’. In addition, it will improve game controller vibration when connected to an Android phone. Moreover, it will also have restricted Network mode, and lastly, allow easier sharing of Wi-Fi passwords with nearby devices.
Also Read: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC Launched
Android 12 Features Leaked
However, the current Android 11 system pins one app and then creates a split-screen for the second app. It hides most of the app as the below portion opens the home screen to pick a second app. However, this will change in Android 12 as Google is planning on grouping two apps together to perform as one single task. It means that they will be able to pick two of their recently opened apps. This in turn can become a pair in the recent apps menu.
Meaning, once the apps are paired, users can swap to using a single app and then swap back to the ‘app pair’ that is created. However, it isn’t clear whether Google will allow users to create custom shortcuts of two apps of their liking.
Improved gaming controller vibration, App Pairs, and more
Additionally, Android 12’s App Pairs system will have a divider that can be used to adjust the length. Or it can quickly swap the positions of the two apps by double-tapping the divider. Considering the gaming rise, Google is finally willing to make some changes to the controller rumble situation on Android. Some of the changes include improved game controller rumble is in spot. Initially, Android doesn’t include an API to generate vibrations on external devices like a connected game controller. However, it is not true now as Android does feature rudimentary support for vibrating externally connected devices.
The latest code changes suggest that Google will add support for amplitude control that can generate custom vibration effects. Not all game controllers will support as gamepad’s driver support force feedback under Linux. However, the code commits are not merged yet, so there’s no way to tell whether the improved game controller rumble will make its way to Android 12.
Lastly, Android 12 will allow nearby sharing of Wi-Fi passwords. At present, Android 10 and above can share Wi-Fi passwords using the QR code. However, with Android 12, Wi-Fi password sharing will be integrated into the Nearby Share feature. This makes it seamless to share private information with trusted devices. For the Nearby Share to work, both the devices should be on this OS. However, it isn’t clear what protocol the system will use.
Additionally, Google is also working on ‘Restricted Networking’ mode, which once activated will provide access to those applications that have the network permission. Those without permission cannot have access to the internet.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.