Global Smartphone Shipments to Grow by 5.5 Percent in 2021 Due to 5G Development: IDC
Global smartphone shipments can grow by 5.5 percent in 2021. It comes from the latest data by International Data Corporation (IDC). In the first quarter of this year, smartphone shipments are expecting to grow 13.9 percent. Moreover, IDC attributes this strong push in 5G and pent-up demand for this growth. In addition, the report also estimates that in 2021, 5G phones could account for 40 percent of the total volume.
Apple’s iPhone 12 series of 5G phones has accelerated the growth of fifth-generation connectivity. It also shows global smartphone market can reach a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.6 percent over 2020 to 2025. Additionally, due to the strong push of 5G, shipments can increase by 13.9% in the 1st quarter. In turn, 2021 is expecting to see a 5.5 percent growth in shipments comparing to last year.
Supply chains, OEMs, and various other channels are better prepared for further lockdowns to meet the demand. This, despite the current state of lockdowns, is still strong. Global smartphone shipments through online channels went up to 30% of the total share in 2020. This is in comparison to a 22% share in 2019.
Also read: Garmin Launches Lily Smartwatch In India
This year, smartphone shipments in China are forecast to grow by 6 percent and 3.5 percent in the US. 5G development in both markets and the success of the iPhone 12 series are expecting to boost smartphone shipments this year. IDC also states that more than 40 percent of the global volume of smartphone shipments in 2021 could be 5G smartphones. This is further expecting to grow to 69 percent by 2025. Additionally, the average selling price (ASP) for 5G smartphones is expecting to drop to $404 (roughly Rs. 29,400) by the end of 2025 due to competition in the 5G Android space.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…