Table Of Contents
- 1More Details about USB Type-C Port in New iPhone’s
Highlights of the Story
- Apple is reportedly gearing up to pack the USB Type-C port on its future iPhone models.
- As per a report by Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, Apple is working to change the iPhone’s charging port.
- The company first introduced the Lightning port with the iPhone 5 in 2012.
According to reports, Apple is planning to include a USB Type-C connector on future iPhone models. On the devices, the Cupertino-based company is planning to replace the old Lightning charging connector with USB Type-C. However, it is possible that this will not occur until 2023. A USB Type-C connector is now available on Apple’s MacBook and iPad devices. Apple is also rumoured to be working on an adaptor that will allow future iPhones to work with peripherals that use the Lightning connector.
Also Read: Big News: These iPhones May Not Get iOS 16!
According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, Apple is planning to alter the iPhone’s charging connector. Moreover, the company is testing new iPhones and adapters with USB Type-C connectivity. According to a source, Apple is likely to stick to the Lightning connector for this year’s new models. However, this change will not happen until 2023 at the earliest.
More Details about USB Type-C Port in New iPhone’s
Apple now offers Type-C connectivity on the iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad Mini, while accessories like AirPods and the Apple TV remote use the Lightning connector. Apple’s decision to examine the modification is influencing by the European Union’s drive to impose a common charger for smartphones. According to the European Commission, a common wire for all devices will also reduce electronic waste.
The news comes a few days after Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted that the Lightning port will be phased out in favour of USB-C in the second half of 2023. A USB Type-C connector is supposed to be there in the rumoured Apple iPhone 15 versions.
Also Read: Apple Brings iPhone 13 Green Colour Variant
Apple initially introduced the Lightning port with the iPhone 5 in 2012. In 2016, Apple added the Type-C connector to the MacBook Pro.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…