Table Of Contents
- 1Oppo Reno 8 Series Launching on May 23
Highlights of the Story
- Oppo Reno 8 series may come just days after Qualcomm unveil its new Snapdragon SoC.
- Although Reno 8 Lite may be limited to Europe initially.
- The series will launch on May 23, 2022, in China.
Oppo will launch the Oppo Reno 8 series in China as confirmed by the company. The Chinese company announced through an invite on Monday, May 16, 2022. Although the company shed little light on what the series could look like – we expect it to have at least three variants. Reports suggest there will be an Oppo Reno8, an Oppo Reno8 Pro, and an Oppo Reno8 SE. One of these phones is going to use a Qualcomm processor that will be announced on May 20, 2022, in China. Let us look at the details and the launch date of the series in detail below;
Oppo Reno 8 Series Launching on May 23
According to the company, the series launch will take place at 7 pm CST Asia (4:30 pm IST) on May 23, 2022. It does not give any further details. But several leaks and rumours have given quite a lot of information on the series.
Courtesy of the famous tipster Digital Chat Station, the specifications of the upcoming Reno8 series devices have also surfaced online. According to him, one of the upcoming Reno8 series devices will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 processor. Let us take a closer look at the Oppo Reno 8 series specifications and features.
Oppo Reno8 Series Specifications: What We Know So Far
Oppo Reno 8 series is expected to include the Reno 8 as well as the Reno 8 Pro and Reno 8 SE. The new phones will come as the successors of the Reno 7 series that launched in China last year. Although the Reno 7 5G and Reno 7 Pro 5G launched in India in February 2022 they did come with a substantial difference in specifications. In the meantime, the company has not confirmed the launch of the Reno8 series in India as of now. But rumours suggest the regular Reno 8 might debut in India by the end of June 2022.
According to leaks, Reno 8 might come with a 6.43-inch Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display. Powering on an octa-core Dimensity 1300 processor, the device might weigh 179grams and measure about 7.67mm in terms of thickness. Whereas, Reno8 Pro may offer a 6.62-inch Full HD+ OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It might come with an X-axis linear motor and NFC support. Moreover, it might weigh 188grams and might be about 7.57mm in terms of thickness.
On the other hand, Oppo Reno 8 SE might run Android 12 out-of-the-box and feature a 6.43-inch full-HD+ display. The phone also might have an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC. It may also come with a triple rear camera setup that could include a 50-megapixel primary sensor and a 32-megapixel selfie camera.
All three of them are rumoured to come with the same 4,500mAh battery with 80W fast charging support. This is all we know so far of the series. We will keep you updated as more information pours close to its launch.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…