OnePlus To Retain Oxygen OS Despite Deeper Integration with Oppo
OnePlus and OPPO appear to be integrating teams and possibly features, but the two brands will remain. Yesterday, the company announced its plan to have a deeper integration with OPPO. It will help to streamline its operations and make “better products”. However, this is not the first time they have collaborated. Earlier this year, both merged their respective R&D teams after Peter Lau joined the team.
Last year I took on some additional responsibilities to oversee product strategy for both OnePlus and OPPO. Since then, we have integrated a number of our teams together with OPPO to better streamline our operations and capitalize on additional shared resources. After seeing positive impact from those changes, we’ve decided to further integrate our organization with OPPO.Lau in blog post
Will OnePlus still retain its Oxygen OS?
However, since the news for the deeper integration has hit online there are some questions arising on the same. Some consumers are wondering about what will happen to the OnePlus phone software. They have asked if they would still run on OxygenOS. The company assures that they will still to OxygenOS for smartphones. Nothing much will change to the products and services. OnePlus and OPPO are simply joining forces to make business operations more efficient.
According to the company, the companies will share resources to create better products for consumers. While the teams do share hands, they will continue to work independently. Meaning both the brands will still use their own OS. OnePlus is going to continue using Oxygen OS in all their markets. However, we might see both companies share some features for their respective Android ROMs. Both companies are yet to announce the next version of their custom Android skin. They could make their respective Android skin official later this year.
Meanwhile, it is still unclear what exactly that integration will mean. Although OnePlus will operate independently and likely remain a mid-tier and budget smartphone brand.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…