OnePlus 5 And 5T Get Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Update
OnePlus 5 and 5T devices will be getting a new Oxygen OS 10.0.1 update. The update brings several bug fixes to the Android 10-based Oxygen OS 10 which rolled out earlier.
Highlights of the Story
- The OnePlus 5, 5T update is being rolled out from today onwards
- The update brings camera improvements
- The OnePlus 5T gets the swipe-based back feature of Android 10 as well
When OnePlus rolled out the Oxygen OS 10 earlier, several users reported various kinds of issues. Later on, the company stated that the product teams were working to fix the issue, keeping it “at the highest priority”. OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are pretty outdated devices, being 2017 launches. So, this can be the issue of the latest update causing certain bugs and glitches in the devices. The new update is set to roll out to all devices soon. However, for now, the update is rolling out on a very selective basis. The new update claims to bring camera improvements and fix several system bugs. Additionally, the update is also bringing the September 2020 Android Security Patch to the devices.
The news of the new update was shared via a OnePlus community page post. The post says that the update is being rolled out in a selective manner to make sure it does not contain any critical bugs. Additionally, the post says that only a select few users will receive the update today. The rest of the users will be getting it after a few days. Moreover, the post also stated that using a VPN won’t help in getting it sooner as the update is not region-specific.
OnePlus 5, 5T: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Update Changelog
The changelog lists a ton of different system bug fixes and details. Some major ones include the abnormal call recording issue. Moreover, there was this issue which caused the alarms to get deactivated when the phone was powered off. Also, as mentioned before, the update brings the September 2020 Android Security patch. However, it updates the GMS package to August 2020.
The Oxygen OS 10.0.1 brings a ton of other improvements to the dated OnePlus 5 and 5T. These improvements include electronic image stabilization. This is a very crucial feature to have as it improves the camera stabilization and majorly reduces the chances of capturing blurred images. Additionally, the OnePlus 5T will also get the option to enable the Android 10 back gesture. This gesture works by simply swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
Also read: Galaxy M12 Rear Panel Design Leaked
OnePlus is known for bringing great new updates to fix the bugs and glitches faced by users. This update is one such example of the excellent after sales service provided by the company.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…