OnePlus To Release New Nord Phone In September
With the launch of the mid-ranger OnePlus Nord last month at Rs 24,999, the company is indeed having various plans for the series. In fact, this is apparently the first of numerous devices that the company is planning to launch under the OnePlus Nord new series of phones.
Highlights of the Story
- The new OnePlus Nord series phone is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 460
- The device is expected to be launched at around Rs 18,000 in India
- We might be seeing a series of affordable phones being launched by OnePlus by the end of this year
OnePlus Nord was released as an affordable mid-ranger last month. Since then, people have more expectations from the company about the release of more such affordable phones. Good thing is, that just might be what OnePlus is working on.
We already have multiple hits from the company in the slightly premium price bracket of smartphones. However, with the reported release of these budget devices, OnePlus might also take over the mid-range market by storm. In fact, if the new leaks are legit at all, we might see the device as early as September. The OnePlus Nord with Snapdragon 460 is also expected to be priced at around Rs 18,000 in India. That being said, it might be the cheapest offering from the company.
What To Expect?
The company is known for coming up with flagship killers since its inception. However, when they launched the OnePlus X smartphone, it did fail because of miserable sales numbers. There were no further modifications or anything and we saw the series get discontinued on 2016 itself.
However, after years of understanding and analyzing, OnePlus Nord was released and was an immediate hit. With the hit of the first phone, we can only expect to see more from the company. Also, the OnePlus Nord new series phone will not be a gaming device. This is simply because of the processor being miles from being a gaming processor. The Snapdragon 460 chipset is similar to the Snapdragon 625 in terms of performance. The Redmi Note 4 and Note 5 did rock the chipset but, it has been 4 years since then.
The Snapdragon 460 chipset is power efficient and can be used for decent multitasking and other day-to-day activities. It is not exactly something on which you would play PUBG for hours on end. Therefore, gamers should not really expect too much from this series.
This is simply to be seen as an effort by OnePlus to enter the affordable budget segment of phones. Furthermore, a lot of people have always wanted to won OnePlus just because it is a OnePlus device. If these reports are true, it might be all rainbows for such users.
OnePlus Nord Series Specifications
According to the tipster @the_tech_guy on Twitter, we know that the upcoming phone will most likely be having the Snapdragon 460 SoC. However, a seperate tweet by a @Boby25846908 also suggests that we will be seeing another phone powered by the Snapdragon 662 or 665 chipset. Additionally, the tweet also goes on to mention that the smartphone is expected to be priced at around Rs 16,000-18,000. However, we are not sure about the authenticity of this report.
Furthermore, the devices are expected to have either dual or triple camera setups. OnePlus has also received certification for 18W charger. This indicates that the upcoming phones might come with it. However, with details as little as these, it is hard to predict anything. Therefore, all we can do is wait at the moment.
As per earlier leaks, a OnePlus model has made an appearance on Geekbench with the codename ‘Clover’. The device was listed with the Snapdragon 660 SoC along with 4GB of RAM and Android 10 OS. Also, the mysterious device managed to score 336 points in the single-core test and 1,495 in the multi-core one. Unfortunately, this is all the information that we have currently have on the upcoming OnePlus phones. However, we will hopefully get to see official confirmations from the company soon.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…