OnePlus To Release New Nord Phone In September
With the launch of the mid-ranger OnePlus Nord last month at Rs 24,999, the company is indeed having various plans for the series. In fact, this is apparently the first of numerous devices that the company is planning to launch under the OnePlus Nord new series of phones.
Table Of Contents
- 1What To Expect?
- 2OnePlus Nord Series Specifications
Highlights of the Story
- The new OnePlus Nord series phone is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 460
- The device is expected to be launched at around Rs 18,000 in India
- We might be seeing a series of affordable phones being launched by OnePlus by the end of this year
OnePlus Nord was released as an affordable mid-ranger last month. Since then, people have more expectations from the company about the release of more such affordable phones. Good thing is, that just might be what OnePlus is working on.
We already have multiple hits from the company in the slightly premium price bracket of smartphones. However, with the reported release of these budget devices, OnePlus might also take over the mid-range market by storm. In fact, if the new leaks are legit at all, we might see the device as early as September. The OnePlus Nord with Snapdragon 460 is also expected to be priced at around Rs 18,000 in India. That being said, it might be the cheapest offering from the company.
What To Expect?
The company is known for coming up with flagship killers since its inception. However, when they launched the OnePlus X smartphone, it did fail because of miserable sales numbers. There were no further modifications or anything and we saw the series get discontinued on 2016 itself.
However, after years of understanding and analyzing, OnePlus Nord was released and was an immediate hit. With the hit of the first phone, we can only expect to see more from the company. Also, the OnePlus Nord new series phone will not be a gaming device. This is simply because of the processor being miles from being a gaming processor. The Snapdragon 460 chipset is similar to the Snapdragon 625 in terms of performance. The Redmi Note 4 and Note 5 did rock the chipset but, it has been 4 years since then.
The Snapdragon 460 chipset is power efficient and can be used for decent multitasking and other day-to-day activities. It is not exactly something on which you would play PUBG for hours on end. Therefore, gamers should not really expect too much from this series.
This is simply to be seen as an effort by OnePlus to enter the affordable budget segment of phones. Furthermore, a lot of people have always wanted to won OnePlus just because it is a OnePlus device. If these reports are true, it might be all rainbows for such users.
OnePlus Nord Series Specifications
According to the tipster @the_tech_guy on Twitter, we know that the upcoming phone will most likely be having the Snapdragon 460 SoC. However, a seperate tweet by a @Boby25846908 also suggests that we will be seeing another phone powered by the Snapdragon 662 or 665 chipset. Additionally, the tweet also goes on to mention that the smartphone is expected to be priced at around Rs 16,000-18,000. However, we are not sure about the authenticity of this report.
Furthermore, the devices are expected to have either dual or triple camera setups. OnePlus has also received certification for 18W charger. This indicates that the upcoming phones might come with it. However, with details as little as these, it is hard to predict anything. Therefore, all we can do is wait at the moment.
As per earlier leaks, a OnePlus model has made an appearance on Geekbench with the codename ‘Clover’. The device was listed with the Snapdragon 660 SoC along with 4GB of RAM and Android 10 OS. Also, the mysterious device managed to score 336 points in the single-core test and 1,495 in the multi-core one. Unfortunately, this is all the information that we have currently have on the upcoming OnePlus phones. However, we will hopefully get to see official confirmations from the company soon.
- We’ll compare Nothing OS Vs Oxygen OS and will know how both software integrates with your daily life. In contrast to One UI, Oxygen OS provides the closest experience to stock Android. In addition to changing the order of several headers, the OnePlus 9RT makes a few minor adjustments. However, the Nothing Phone 1, which…
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…