Poco M2 Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9: Complete Comparison
Poco has recently launched the Poco M2 which is the toned-down version of the M2 Pro. The budget-friendly device is one of the best out there alongside the Redmi Note 9. This made us want to compare the two to see who emerges victorious.
Highlights of the Story
- Poco M2 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC
- Redmi Note 9 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 SoC
- Both the phones have 18W fast charging support
- The devices have quad rear camera setups
Poco M2 had a livestream yesterday which officially revealed the product. Both the Poco M2 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 are incredible devices for the price that they come in. However, there are certain differences which really does set them apart. Therefore, we have come up with a detailed comparison of the two to come up with the better device.
Poco M2 Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9: Specifications
The Poco M2 features a 6.53-inch full-HD+ display with a 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution. The Redmi Note 9’s has the exact same size and resolution as well. However, the difference lies in the layer of protection for the phones. While the Poco M2 has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, the Redmi Note 9 has Gorilla Glass 5 protection. This clearly indicates that the later can easily handle drops better than the former.
Processor And Performance
On the processor and performance front, the Poco M2 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC. The processor is paired with the Mali G52 GPU and 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 SoC. The processor is paired with the ARM Mali-G52 GPU along with 4GB and 6GB of RAM variants. The internal storage of both the devices are available till 128GB. Furthermore, the internal storage on both the phones are expandable up to 512GB as well.
The Poco M2 runs on MIUI for Poco and the Redmi Note 9 runs on MIUI 11 out of the box. Both the phones are based on Android 10 as well with the exact same UI experience.
On the camera front, the Poco M2 has a quad rear camera setup. Additionally, the setup includes a 13-megapixel primary shooter, an 8-megapixel sensor with an ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5-megapixel sensor with a macro lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there is an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 has a quad-camera setup as well. However, the setup includes a much better 48-megapixel primary camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there is a better 13-megapixel selfie shooter as well.
The battery backup on both the devices is pretty similar too if not technically the same. While the Poco M2 packs a 5000 mAh battery, the Redmi Note 9 has a slightly better 5020 mAh battery. The difference barely counts but there is one. Also, both the phones come with 18W fast charging support.
Poco M2 Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9: Price Details
The Poco M2 price in India starts from Rs 10,999 (6GB/64GB) while the Redmi Note 9 price starts at Rs 11,999 (4GB/64GB). The 6GB/128GB variant of the Poco M2 is priced at Rs 12,499. On the other hand, the 4GB/128GB variant of the Redmi Note 9 is priced at Rs 13,499 and the 6GB/128GB at Rs 14,999.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.