Read This Before You Buy Jio Postpaid Plus
Reliance Jio has recently announced new Postpaid Plus service which has a variety of plans under it. However, the fine print on TRAI website has revealed that customers subscribing to these plans need to pay a security deposit of up to Rs. 1800.
Highlights of the Story
- The data speed for USA is capped at 5GB
- The calling minutes for UAE users is limited to 300
- Jio Rs. 999 plan buyers have to pay an additional Rs. 1,200 as deposit
Jio PostPaid Plus Plans: Security Deposit
Last month, Jio announced five new Postpaid Plus plans along with in-flight connectivity packs and international roaming options. However, the new regulations on the TRAI website lists that each of these monthly Jio PostPaid Plus plans require a security deposit. Moreover, this is a norm when purchasing postpaid plans. last month, with new in-flight connectivity packs and international roaming options as well. However, the exact amount of these security deposits is not revealed on the Jio website. The regulatory filing brings to our attention all the fine print, whatsoever.
Going by this, subscriber of the base Rs. 399 Postpaid Plus monthly plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 500. Furthermore, subscribers of the Rs. 599 Postpaid Plus plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 750. Similarly, subscribers of the Rs. 799 Postpaid plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,000. On the other hand, people who have subscribed to the Rs. 999 plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,200. Lastly, subscribers of the most premium Rs. 1,499 Jio Postpaid Plus plan need to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,800.
Additionally, the TRAI website also reveals FUP on data and voice usage in US and UAE regions. When it comes to USA, subscribers will get 5GB of high speed data alongside 500 minutes of incoming, outgoing, and callback to India. Moreover, for UAE, users will get 1GB of high speed data along with 300 minutes of incoming, outgoing, and callback to India. OnlyTech revealed this information.
Also read: Vi (Vodafone-Idea) Launches New Rs 351 Plan
Besides, subscribers of the Jio PostPaid Plus plans also get OTT subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar VIP. The benefits of the plans can be shared with family members as well by paying Rs. 250 per member. The most premium plan of Rs. 1499 brings subscribers 300GB of high speed data, 500GB of data rollover along with unlimited data and voice in the US and UAE regions with FUP and more benefits.
Also read: Vivo X60 Could Launch As Early As November
From the looks of it, these plans will definitely bring a good value for money benefit for the Jio postpaid users.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…