Read This Before You Buy Jio Postpaid Plus
Reliance Jio has recently announced new Postpaid Plus service which has a variety of plans under it. However, the fine print on TRAI website has revealed that customers subscribing to these plans need to pay a security deposit of up to Rs. 1800.
Highlights of the Story
- The data speed for USA is capped at 5GB
- The calling minutes for UAE users is limited to 300
- Jio Rs. 999 plan buyers have to pay an additional Rs. 1,200 as deposit
Jio PostPaid Plus Plans: Security Deposit
Last month, Jio announced five new Postpaid Plus plans along with in-flight connectivity packs and international roaming options. However, the new regulations on the TRAI website lists that each of these monthly Jio PostPaid Plus plans require a security deposit. Moreover, this is a norm when purchasing postpaid plans. last month, with new in-flight connectivity packs and international roaming options as well. However, the exact amount of these security deposits is not revealed on the Jio website. The regulatory filing brings to our attention all the fine print, whatsoever.
Going by this, subscriber of the base Rs. 399 Postpaid Plus monthly plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 500. Furthermore, subscribers of the Rs. 599 Postpaid Plus plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 750. Similarly, subscribers of the Rs. 799 Postpaid plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,000. On the other hand, people who have subscribed to the Rs. 999 plan will have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,200. Lastly, subscribers of the most premium Rs. 1,499 Jio Postpaid Plus plan need to pay a security deposit of Rs. 1,800.
Additionally, the TRAI website also reveals FUP on data and voice usage in US and UAE regions. When it comes to USA, subscribers will get 5GB of high speed data alongside 500 minutes of incoming, outgoing, and callback to India. Moreover, for UAE, users will get 1GB of high speed data along with 300 minutes of incoming, outgoing, and callback to India. OnlyTech revealed this information.
Also read: Vi (Vodafone-Idea) Launches New Rs 351 Plan
Besides, subscribers of the Jio PostPaid Plus plans also get OTT subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar VIP. The benefits of the plans can be shared with family members as well by paying Rs. 250 per member. The most premium plan of Rs. 1499 brings subscribers 300GB of high speed data, 500GB of data rollover along with unlimited data and voice in the US and UAE regions with FUP and more benefits.
Also read: Vivo X60 Could Launch As Early As November
From the looks of it, these plans will definitely bring a good value for money benefit for the Jio postpaid users.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…