Samsung Galaxy S9 Series Starts Getting OneUI 2.5 Update
The latest Samsung OneUI 2.5 update has started rolling out to Galaxy S9 series of smartphones. The updates for the Galaxy S9 series have started rolling out in Germany and Samsung Galaxy A51 devices are getting it in Russia.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy A51 update firmware version is A515FXXU4CTJ1
- The update brings wireless DeX to Samsung Galaxy S9 series
- This is the last big update for the Samsung Galaxy S9 series
Germany and Russia are obviously among the first countries to get the update. However, the OneUi 2.5 update will roll out to other areas pretty soon as well. Moreover, Samsung Galaxy A51 devices with the model number of SM-A515F are getting the One UI 2.5 update with the firmware version A515FXXU4CTJ1.
According to SamMobile, all the three phones namely Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Galaxy A51 have started getting the OneUI update. The update rolling out for the Galaxy S9 series of devices in Germany comes with the firmware version of G96xFXXUCFTJ2.
If you are not sure whether you got the update or not, just check for the update by going into ‘Settings’ and then ‘Software update’. Users in the area can easily check via this method if they have not gotten the notification for the latest update.
Additionally, the latest OneUI 2.5 brings users the wireless DeX support for their Samsung devices. Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9+ users can enjoy this feature as soon as the update lands. Moreover, the latest update also brings improvements to the Samsung Keyboard via a new split mode. Also, this feature adds a YouTube search function for the users to make use of. The update also brings a variety of improvements to the camera of the devices. Users also get the ability to adjust the duration of a recording in the Single Take mode.
OneUI 2.5: What More?
The latest OneUI update brings both great and sad news for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ users. This is because although the new big update brings a ton of features, it is actually the last feature update for the series. The Samsung Galaxy S9 series smartphones will continue to receive security updates. However, these handsets will not receive the Android 11 update.
Also read: Best Microphones For YouTube And Podcasting
When it comes to Samsung Galaxy A51 users in Russia, they started receiving the One UI update only yesterday. The update has rolled out to Russian users with the firmware version of A515FXXU4CTJ1, according to SamMobile. Additionally, the OneUI update has improved a ton of things in the Galaxy A51. From an improved Always On Display to many stability improvements alongside, a lot has been updated.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has also received the OneUI 2.5 update earlier this week.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…