5 Best Alternatives For Camscanner That You Should Use
Here is a list of the top 5 applications that you can use as alternatives for Camscanner. These applications have been selected to offer services similar to Camscanner. They provide a number of features and while most are free, some are also paid.
Popularly known as a “Portable Scanner”, Camscanner has been a favourite among its users for scanning documents. Its easy to use interface and variety of scanning options have made it a people’s favourite. The app, however, has been in controversies nowadays for all the wrong reasons. In this article, we will let you know what is the best 5 alternatives for camscanner.
The first controversy was when the application was removed from the Google Play Store as it did not abide by its policies. Following this incident, Camscanner made significant changes to meet the Google Play Store requirements. This helped it get reinstated by Google Play Store.
However, this was not the only controversy surrounding this amazing application. Next, Camscanner, along with 58 other apps, was banned by the Ministry of Information Technology of India for compromising its users’ data. Even though the application is now available on Google Play Store, if you are currently using this application, we recommend you to have at least one backup application, in case Camscanner gets banned again. And if you are already here to look for another scanner, you have come to the right place.
Best Alternatives for Camscanner
Below is a list of the top 5 applications that you can use as alternatives for Camscanner. These applications have been selected to offer services similar to Camscanner. They provide a number of features and while most are free, some are also paid.
1. Adobe Scan
What better application to switch to than the creator of the “.pdf” extension itself. It can scan many documents like ID cards, notes, receipts etc. Even more, it crops and removes the useless parts of the image automatically to provide a well cropped, enhanced image. These scanned documents can then be stored as pdf files or jpg images. The best part of this application is that it can even scan the text from any document and convert it into an editable format.
2. Microsoft Office Lens
The second most recommended alternate scanner is the Microsoft Office Lens. It helps you scan whiteboard tables, diagrams, and even handwritten notes. After scanning, you can simply import them to your MS Word or other MS products. It even allows you to scan ID cards and OCR and provides the facility of auto-cropping the extra space. After scanning, you can access the documents from OneNote or export them to the cloud or save them on the local device.
3. Google Drive
Yes, you read it right. Besides being online cloud storage. Google Drive can be used to scan your documents through the plus button present for adding more files. This scanner is not as feature-packed as Camscanner but can act as a temporary alternative.
TurboScan is another great alternative for Cascanner. It can scan different types of documents like printed pages, whiteboards, handwritten notes etc. The documents once scanned, can be stored as pdf, png or jpg files. It allows a user to scan multiple pages at a time and auto-crops the unnecessary parts of the image. It is overall a pretty simple and convenient application to use.
The final application that can be used as an alternative to CamScanner is Tapscanner. It allows a user to take 3 photos simultaneously with a single click. It then creates a single image with great accuracy using these. You can then edit the images as per your needs and save them as PDFs, PNGs or JPGs. The best feature of this application, different from others is that it allows you to digitally sign the pdf files.
Camscanner seems to be an unreliable application nowadays because of the often bans. So, try to decide on an alternative application that you can use when it isn’t available. Do mention in the comment section which application you liked the best and also if you know about any other great applications.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…