One of the things that most of us are concerned about when buying a new device is how to transfer files from the old device to this new one. Or it might be that you need to transfer just a few files to your device, but how do we do this? Well, there are some tested methods that can help you with this. In this article, we will talk about how to transfer files on Mac from other devices- be it Android, Windows, another Mac or iPhone.
Also Read: How To Find Out Devices Connected To iCloud Via iOS/macOS
How to transfer files to Mac from Android?
1. Using Cloud Services
The simplest method to transfer files to Mac from Android is through cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc. These services are compatible on all platforms and therefore can be easily used to transfer files on Mac too. Simply, back all your files on your Android phone to the cloud storage and then sign in to the same cloud service on your Mac to access the files easily.
2. Using Android File Transfer
The second method is to use Android file transfer to transfer files on Mac. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Android File Transfer for Mac from the official website.
- Then open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg. Install the app.
- Now, connect your phone to the Mac via a USB cable and Android File Transfer will open automatically. Change the USB Settings to File Transfer mode.
- Now, find the folder or file that you want to transfer and drag and drop it to your desktop.
Also Read: 4 Cloud Storage Services That Works Best For Apple Users
How to transfer files to Mac from another Mac
1. Using AirDrop
AirDrop can be used to transfer files to Mac from various Apple devices. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Here’s how to use it:
- Select the files that you want to transfer in the Finder and right-click on them.
- In the pop-up menu, select AirDrop and drag the desired files to one of the contacts that appear on the list.
- The receiving Mac will get a notification to confirm the transfer.
- Click on it to start transferring the files.
- Finally, the files will get saved in the Downloads folder.
Also Read: Apple AirTag: Features, Price, Accessories
2. Using Migration Assistant
Migration Assistant is a built-in tool on Mac that lets you transfer data from an old Mac to a new one.
- On your old mac, go to the Apple menu on the top-left corner of the screen and click on System preferences >Sharing.
- Note the name of the Mac that appears in the Computer Name field. Ensure that both your Macs are connected to the WiFi and to a power adaptor.
- Now on the new Mac, go to the Migration Assistant.
- From the options displayed, choose From a Mac and then click on Continue.
- Now, on the old Mac, launch the Migration Assistant and select To another Mac from the Menu.
- Then click on continue. You will be shown a security code. Ensure that the code is the same on both Macs.
- Finally, click on Continue to transfer the files.
Transfer Files From Windows
Migration Assistant works on Windows too. Besides, you can also use cloud storage services to transfer files to Mac from Windows.
Transfer files from iPhone
AirDrop can easily help you transfer files to Mac from iPhone. iCloud is also an option to do the same.
Also Read: 6 Best Antivirus Software For Mac That Are Easy To Download
You can Sell phone online or Recycle old phone with Cashify. We help you complete the process from your doorsteps.