What Is Jailbreaking An iPhone? Should You Do It In 2020?
iPhones are the choice of billions of people around the world. The reason why iPhones are so popular is because of great software features, security and ease of use. But there’s always some scope for betterment. That’s why jailbreaking is considered as an amazing option by tech savvy’s to mold their iPhone in the way they always wanted to and also enable some features that are usually not available to the general users. But along with thousands of benefits of jailbreaking, there are some serious possible risks as well. So let’s discuss everything related to jailbreak in detail, what is jailbreaking, what you get, what are the risks, should you do it in 2020 or not.
Highlights of the Story
- Jailbreaking is a method to get rid of all the restrictions imposed by Apple and customize your iPhone as you wish.
- There are some risks associated with jailbreaking that you should keep in mind before jailbreaking your iPhone.
- Jailbreaking is beneficial as you can add more theft protection features, add guest mode, record VOIP calls and add custom themes over iOS just like Android.
There has been a never-ending battle between Android and iOS, each one portraying to be better than the rest. But we all can admit that both the OS are great and each offers some great innovative features. While Android allows a lot of customization and also allows you to install custom ROMs and other forms of advanced customizations.
On the other hand, iOS is more secure and does not allow such tweaking with the software. New iOS updates every year try to bring the best of the features and try to solve user’s problems even more. But it does matter how much iOS improves, for tech-savvy, there’s always room for more improvement. And that improvement can only be made when your iPhone is jailbroken.
Now, many people might be getting confused as to what’s this new term “Jailbreaking” we are talking about, right? Just relax, we are going to explain to you every little bit of it and if it’s beneficial for you or not.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
What Is Jailbreaking?
If you know what is Rooting in an Android device then you don’t need any more explanation as to what is jailbreaking. Both the things are the same with different terminology on different platforms. And if you don’t know anything about both the terms, then let us tell you that jailbreaking is a process that can remove software restrictions imposed by Apple on iOS. And this opens up a gateway to completely modify your Apple iPhone.
As the name suggests, it’s like breaking the jail to unleash prisoners (new features), which were not made accessible till now. Once you have jailbroken your iPhone, you gain full access to your device with full access to all the features.
Now, everything we said till now is soothing to the ears, right! But don’t forget, every coin has two sides and the same goes for jailbreaking as well. On one hand, you have full access to your iPhone but there’s a reason why Apple doesn’t want you to access those disabled features. Jailbroken devices are more prone to viruses and malware from which Apple and Google use to save your iPhone earlier. And most importantly, the moment you jailbreak your iPhone, the warranty for your device is void. You might still ask the support to help you remove jailbreak but the warranty for your device will no longer exist.
Also Read: How To Record Calls On iPhone!
One of the major reasons why a normal guy who’s not tech-savvy should ever jailbreak a device is that you can permanently brick/damage your iPhone after jailbreaking. There are very fewer chances of this happening but still, you can be the one with bad luck. Jailbreaking can not only be done on your iPhone, but also on other Apple devices like watchOS, iPadOS, and tvOS.
Some Positives Of Jailbreaking An iPhone
If you think it’s easy for you to avert the risks associated with jailbreaking and your eyes are looking for some gains you are going to get after jailbreaking, here’s a long list for you.
1. Guest Mode
Handing over your iPhone to someone unknown or even someone known can give you some hiccups as they can have a peek on your installed apps, browsing history, web pages opened, bookmarks, and much more. But this is not the case with macOS as it has a special feature by the name Guest mode which doesn’t let other users have a sneak on your data. After jailbreaking, you can successfully add guest mode to your iPhone/iPad as well.
2. Better Theft Protection
Apple devices are best known for providing a secure atmosphere to its users. Even if your iPhone gets stolen, it’s hard to erase the data when Activation Lock is turned on. But when your iPhone is jailbroken, the security of your phone can be upscaled impressively. You can actually set up your phone to capture the photos of the thief and continuously track their location to catch the real culprit.
Also Read: How To Voice Tweet On Your iPhone!
3. Location Imitation
Unlike your casual Phone, jailbreak tweaks can let you spoof your location on your jailbroken iPhone. This feature can come handy when you want to have access to websites that you cannot open on your current location. Enjoying the games and tools of other countries also becomes possible.
4. Deleting Pre-installed Apps
Pre-installed apps on your iPhone are there for your feasibility but some of those apps never come into use. And the pre-installed apps cover a large proportion of your limited iPhone storage which hinders speed and leaves less space for the apps we want. But jailbreak tweaks allow you to delete the pre-installed apps, freeing up space for other important apps.
5. Improved Incoming Call Interface
It’s really irritating when you are in the middle of something really important and suddenly your incoming call covers the full screen, disturbing you from doing the important work you are engaged in. But with available jailbreak tweaks, you can customize the incoming call settings and the way they should appear on the screen.
Also read: Mobile Battery Repair
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.