Xiaomi Redmi 9i vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime: Which One Is Right For You?
Redmi 9i has launched in India as the latest offering from the company. It sits alongside the already launched Redmi 9 Prime for comparison in the same price bracket.
Highlights of the Story
- Redmi 9 Prime has a quad-rear cam setup.
- The Redmi 9i launched just recently.
- Both of them are powered by the MediaTek Helio processor.
Redmi 9i has launched in India as the latest offering from the company. It comes in direct competition with other phones by the same brand in the same price range. Both of these entry-level smartphones have launched not far away from each other.
However, with both these smartphones in the same price offering range, let us look at what makes them differ from each other.
Redmi 9i vs 9 Prime Price in India
The newly launched Redmi 9i is pricing at Rs. 8,299 for the 4GB + 64GB storage variant and at Rs. 9,299 for the 4GB + 128GB storage variant in India. It 9i will go on sale on September 18 at 12 pm. This is available in Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green color options.
On the other hand, Redmi 9 Prime is on the pricier side among the two and is pricing at Rs. 9,999 for the 4GB + 64GB storage model. Whereas, the 4GB + 128GB storage model of the phone carries a price tag of Rs. 11,999. The phone comes in Matte Black, Mint Green, Space Blue, and Sunrise Flare color options.
Redmi 9i vs 9 Prime Specs
Both of these phones feature a 6.53-inch display size with a waterdrop-style notch. However, 9i comes with an HD+ display with 720×1,600 pixels resolution. Whereas, 9 Prime features a Full-HD+ display with 1,080×2,340 pixels resolution.
In terms of processor, Redmi 9i is powered by the MediaTek Helio G25 SoC. Whereas, Redmi 9 Prime is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC. Both of these phones have up to 4GB of RAM and offer up to 128GB of storage. In addition, they also have a dedicated microSD card slot up to 512GB.
In terms of camera, Redmi 9i features a single 13-MP camera on the back. In addition, 5-MP selfie shooter housing in the notch. Whereas, Redmi 9 Prime has a quad rear camera setup that houses a 13-MP primary shooter, an 8-MP secondary shooter with an ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5-MP macro shooter, and a 2-MP depth sensor. For selfies, you get an 8-MP camera sensor.
Redmi 9i packs in a 5000 mAh battery with a 10W fast charging support compared to Redmi 9 Prime’s 5020 mAh battery with 18 W fast charging support. There is also a point of difference with the former having a Micro-USB port compared to the latter’s USB Type-C port.
Connectivity includes a 3.5mm audio jack as well as regular connectivity options like 4G, dual-SIM support, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. However, Redmi 9 Prime is the only which supports NFC.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
- Best Upcoming Smartphones in India in the new year 2021
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.