Perks In Apex Legends Mobile: A Detailed Look At The New System
Apex Legends Mobile brings a ton of new features to the mobile version of the game. These features include new characters, maps, and an exclusive Perks system. For newcomers to the franchise, this system might be slightly daunting. You don’t have to worry though. We’ve covered all that you need to know about Perks in Apex Legends Mobile!
Table Of Contents
- 1What are Perks in Apex Legends Mobile?
- 2How to find the Perks menu?
- 3How to unlock a Perk in Apex Legends Mobile?
- 4How does the Perks system work?
- 5Mix and match
Highlights of the Story
- Apex Legends Mobile has introduced a new Perks system in the game. This wasn’t available before on the console and PC versions.
- Each player has Legend-specific tokens and Mastery Levels to unlock, which they can spend in upgrading the Perks and customising loadouts based on match factors.
- We’ve also covered some important pointers in this topic regarding Perks and how to use them.
Apex Legends Mobile is finally here for smartphone gamers around the world. While it shares the same name as the PC and console versions of the game, the developers have ensured that mobile gamers get something different from the console versions. They’ve introduced new Legends, specific gameplay modes, and an all-new Perks system. In case you didn’t know about Perks in Apex Legends Mobile, don’t worry. This article will cover everything you should know about the Perks system in this game.
What are Perks in Apex Legends Mobile?
Perks are unlockable buffs for the Legends that you use in Apex Legends Mobile. This system is new to the Apex Legends franchise and enables you to customise your gameplay based on the characters you’re using. Moreover, these Perks come with different conditions and buffs. Certain Perks will increase your Legend’s passive abilities, while others can increase the damage dealt with abilities. Other Perks might help you recharge your shield or health after executing a Finisher on an opponent. Choose your Perks wisely to accompany and strengthen your playing style.
How to find the Perks menu?
Despite being a completely new system exclusive to the game’s mobile version, Apex Legends Mobile has hidden the Perks menu quite well. You’ll only be able to find the Perks system after playing a few matches in the game. This is probably due to the fact that the system needs to register which character you’ve been using extensively. Relative to that character, the Perks menu will be unlocked soon enough.
To find the Perks menu, you’ll have to go to the Legends tab in-game. Once you’ve unlocked the Perks menu after a few matches (the conditions haven’t been specified), you can choose a Legend under the Legends tab and find the menu on the screen’s right side.
How to unlock a Perk in Apex Legends Mobile?
After you’ve unlocked the Perks system and chosen a Legend for upgrading the Perks, you can upgrade the Perks to your liking. The only issue here is that you have to play multiple matches with a particular Legend. Not only will this increase your in-game level, but it will also help you grab tokens specific to the Legend you’re using. You can then use these tokens on the Perks menu to unlock the Perks you want, based on your playstyle.
The Perks tree is simple enough to understand and doesn’t have too many nuances. As you keep unlocking Perks, the conditions for new Perks will become more challenging to achieve. The tradeoff here is that the Perks in the latter stages for the Legend are far superior and can take a Legend from good to the best in-game.
How does the Perks system work?
The Perks in Apex Legends Mobile are divided into three different categories. These are Perks, Finishers, and Ability. Perks are shown in blue, Finishers are shown in purple, and Ability is shown in red. These colours are essential to remember because each colour represents its rarity. Blue is the most common, while red is the rarest. At the moment, each Legend is allowed to have only one type of Perk equipped for a specific category. For example, you will not be able to include two Finisher Perks for a single Legend in one loadout. You can customise the loadouts with different Perks for different categories and equip a loadout based on your match situation.
It can be understood from the rarity that Ability Perks are the most powerful, followed by Finisher Perks and standard Perks. Unsurprisingly, Ability Perks are the last slot to be unlocked for your loadout after reaching a higher Legend Mastery.
Mix and match
As you can understand from the above points, you’ll have to customise your Perks loadout based on the match scenario, your squad, playing style, and Legend Master Level. Choose a Legend that you feel comfortable with and play as many games as possible with them. This way, you can unlock Legend Mastery Levels and tokens to upgrade your Legend. Furthermore, the better Perks are unlocked after you’ve spent a substantial amount of time with the game. You’ll have more options for Perk loadout customisation and more freedom of choice. This freedom of choice will help you better understand your Legend and their abilities, leading to an excellent gameplay experience.
So, these are the pointers that you should keep in mind regarding Perks in Apex Legends Mobile. While it’s a new system, it shouldn’t take you too long to understand and work your way through. Ensure that you’re comfortable with your Legend before investing too many tokens into the Perks. It would be even better if you could keep a second Legend handy and upgrade their skills or Perks accordingly. This will keep your backup Legend handy in case another player chooses your main Legend in your squad.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…