5 Best Free PDF Editors In 2022 That Work Like Magic
You can make necessary changes to your PDF files and update them free of cost. The best free PDF editors can help you do the tasks easily.
Table Of Contents
- 1What is a PDF File?
- 25 Best Free PDF Editors
- 3Best Free PDF Editors in 2022 Explained
Highlights of the Story
- PDF editors help you make changes to your pdf files easily.
- However, finding the best and free PDF editor can be tough.
- Check these five best PDF editors to make your editing journey smooth.
Editing PDF files can be a real challenge, especially when you can’t find the right tool. Moreover, most of the tools these days come with a heavy subscription. This means you have to burn a hole in your pocket to make changes to your PDF files but wait, here is a twist. There are some free to use PDF editors that can help you edit your PDF files without any worries.
What is a PDF File?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. This file format was developed by Adobe. It is for exchanging electronic documents. Any image, text, table, or chart can be viewed in the correct format in any electronic system irrespective of the OS or version. It usually comes in an edit-proof format. Its multiple uses include – creating and sharing files easily, complete control of files by the author, compact file size, etc.
While opening and reading these files can be easily done through the browser, editing is what is difficult. In this article, we will talk about the five best free PDF editors that can be used both online and on your desktop. So, let’s get started.
5 Best Free PDF Editors
|Best PDF Editor||USP||Visit Site|
|PDF24 Creator||Best overall free PDF editor||Link|
|PDF Candy||Best free PDF editor with extra tools||Link|
|Small PDF||Best free PDF editor available in multiple languages||Link|
|Sejda||Best online PDF editor||Link|
|Apple Preview||Best free PDF editor tool for Mac users||Link|
Best Free PDF Editors in 2022 Explained
We tested a wide range of PDF editors to come up with the best ones. But before we move ahead, let us tell you, that currently, the best PDF editor is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but since it is not free, so we have not mentioned it in our list here.
1. PDF24 Creator
- Free to use
- Fast and light
- Plenty of features to take care of all your need
- Can be a bit old-fashioned
PDF24 Creator has been around since 2006 and can easily run on older devices too. This is an excellent feature-rich free PDF editor that can help you create new PDFs, merge the existing ones, compress and convert a PDF to any other format. You can also extract specific pages to create a new document. Besides, this best pdf editor lets you apply OCR to the documents so that the scanned images can be easily converted into text.
PDF24 Creator is designed to edit the files quickly, and when you open the software, you will find a lot of editing options on the first screen only. Furthermore, the important features are easy to find and use.
2. PDF Candy
- Windows version available
- OCR capabilities
- Loaded with features
- The free version lets you work for just an hour
- No Mac or mobile version
You can use PDF Candy as both an online PDF editor and on your desktop too. Although the free version has a lot of features available, it can be used just for an hour. Post that, you need to upgrade to the paid version to use this editor for an unlimited time. What makes PDF Candy one of the best free PDF editors is the fact that it has around 44 different tools that can help you edit, merge, compress, convert and crop PDFs and also lets you scan and resize images. You can also add a watermark to your PDFs.
Once you have made changes to the PDF, you can save the file to your google drive or can download it to your computer directly. You can also edit multiple PDF files at a time.
3. Small PDF
- A powerful range of tools
- Can convert PDF files to other formats
- Can only process two documents per day
Small PDF was created in 2013, and the aim behind creating this tool was to have a single platform to edit and compress PDFs. Small PDF is definitely one of the best free PDF editors as it is available in 24 different languages and is used in 195 countries all over the world. This tool makes editing PDF files easy with its excellent user experience. You can simply upload a PDF to the website and start making changes to it. Besides, you can add text, pictures and shapes to the PDFs. Once done, you can directly download it on your computer.
This excellent PDF editor also lets you compress a PDF or export it as a Word, PowerPoint or Excel file. If you want to use more features, you can upgrade to the paid version and unlock all the features. Small PDF offers you a 7-days free trial, so you can test the paid version before actually buying it.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- You can delete the uploaded files after 5 hours
- No account needed
- Still in the beta phase
- File size limitations
Similar to the Small PDF and PDF Candy, Sejda is also a free PDF editor tool. However, what sets it apart is its ability to wipe out the files completely from its server after 5 hours. So, you can edit your sensitive documents, too, without having to worry about privacy. Sejda also offers a desktop version, but the processing is handled locally. Besides, the PDF editors let you complete three tasks per day, one file at a time, and these files must not be longer than 50MB or 200 pages.
Furthermore, you can not just edit the already present text in the PDF but can also add new text, images, shapes etc., to the files. Sejda also lets you add annotations and create forms.
5. Apple Preview
- Included with all Macs
- Image-editing tools included
- Lets you annotate and add signatures to the PDFs
- Lacks OCR
- Only accessible on macOS
Apple Preview is the built-in free PDF editor that comes with macOS. It is one of the best free PDF editors as it lets you edit files and has a number of image-editing features too. Apple Preview is an excellent tool to transfer pages from one PDF to another, add text, combine pages, highlight, etc. You can also fill out forms and add signatures using its markup tools. What’s more- you can password-protect your PDF files too.
This best PDF editor tool comes for free with MacBook, iMac, Mac mini and the other Mac devices. However, you won’t find this tool on iPhone or iPad, and therefore you will need a desktop or laptop to use this tool.
- Apple Preview is one of the best PDF editors for macOS.
- For Windows, you can go with a Small PDF or PDF Candy.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.