Best Smartphones To Capture Beautiful Selfies
With TikTok and other apps introduced, the world has seen a major shift in people choosing a new smartphone, people now tend to buy smartphones with a good selfie camera and even make it their priority. Choosing a good selfie camera smartphone can become difficult for many, and here we do compile a list of the Best Smartphones with the Best Selfie Cameras.
Highlights of the Story
- Selfie Cameras have gained a lot of importance in the current lives of people.
- There are multiple ways to house a selfie camera be it a notch, punch-hole, a pop-up and many more.
- Hardware along with a Good Optimized Software makes up for a great selfie camera mechanism.
It’s normal that with the introduction of apps like TikTok, Instagram and more, Selfie Cameras on smartphones have become a major factor for people deciding to buy a new smartphone in the current generation.
Selfie cameras have been getting better over the years through evolution both in hardware and software. With smartphone displays getting bigger and shaping into a bezel-less form factor, the selfie camera’s placement and implementation have gone into numerous iterations.
And this has led to a wide variety of selfie camera implementation of all smartphones, be it from punch holes, Pop-Up Cameras, In-Display cameras, and more. And here are some of the best smartphones with excellent selfie cameras.
Vivo V17 Pro:
A full-screen display is a must as all brands are pushing the limits to achieve this, and the Vivo V17 Pro accomplishes that by using a pop-up camera mechanism, that also dual instead of a single one. The primary sensor on the Vivo V17 Pro’s selfie camera is a 32-megapixel f/2.0 26mm sensor with a 0.8µm pixel size. The secondary one, is an 8-megapixel 17mm Ultra Wide angled lens instead of a common depth sensor. The images from the smartphone come out to be excellent with high quality and great details, the dynamic range is good and the skin colors are great as usually seen on Vivo smartphones.
Also Read: Vivo V17 Pro Review
A one of its kind smartphone, the ASUS 6Z which is also known as the ASUS Zenfone 6 in other markets has a motorised Flip Camera mechanism that makes use of the high-res rear cameras to act as the same for selfies. Whereas the specifications are concerned, the ASUS 6Z packs in a 48-megapixel primary f/2.0 0.8µm sensor with support for Laser AutoFocus as well. The secondary lens is a 13-megapixel ultra-wide angled lens f/2.4. The 6Z shoots some excellent selfies, given the fact that it has a huge 48-megapixel primary sensor. It is also one of the few phones to allow users to record in 4K 60FPS on the front camera.
Also Read: Asus 6Z Review
iPhone 11 Pro/ Pro Max:
One of the best camera smartphones on the planet, the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max is one of the best selfie camera phones out there. It sports a 12-megapixel primary f/2.2 23mm on the front along with a 3D Depth Sensor used for Face-ID. The images come out to be natural, well exposed and with a slightly bluish tint that has been developing over software updates from Apple. It can also record in 4K from the front camera which is quite helpful. Overall, with the hardware and software optimizations, the iPhone 11 Pro Max makes up for a good deal.
Also Read: iPhone 11 Pro Review
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra:
Samsung’s latest Galaxy S Series Flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra has one of the best selfie cameras in the market as well. Packing in with a 40-megapixel f/2.2 sensor on the front, it shoots some crazy good selfies, and the detail levels are crazy good without extra over-sharpening. This as well can shoot videos in 4K at 60FPS, and it should be such an expensive device to own. This camera is also used for face unlocking, which is just software-based without any additional sensors onboard.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S20 Vs S20+ Vs S20 Ultra
Google has generally been good at cameras and that’s what the Pixel smartphones are generally known for, and it’s no different. The Pixel 3a with its 8-megapixel f/1.8 selfie shooter and Google’s brilliant software processing makes up some great shots. The HDR Levels are on point, with the background in focus and not blown out which other cameras usually do. The phone can record at a maximum of 4K 30FPS from the front camera, which seems like a downside, but it’s not an issue that considers most people.
Also Read: Google Pixel 3a Review
Realme 6 Pro:
Another crazy, dual front-facing camera setup housed in a dull punch hole on the top left corner, the Realme 6 Pro has dual front-facing shooters with a primary and an ultra-wide angled lens. The further one is a 16-megapixel f/2.1 26mm lens and the latter one being an 8-megapixel f/2.2 17mm shooter, The ultra-wide angled lens makes up for some great ultrawide group selfies or even if you want to capture more in the frame. The colors are a little over-saturated, skin tones pinkish, while all other things are on point.
Also read: Realme 6 Pro Review
Samsung Galaxy A70s:
Another Samsung smartphone making it on to the list, the Samsung Galaxy A70s shoots some great selfies as well. The company has packed in a 32-megapixel f/2.0 25mm lens on the front housed in the water-drop notch or the Infinity-U panel which Samsung prefers to call it. The skin tones are right on par with the natural colors, but there seems to be a bit of over-sharpening happening in the images, but not all the time. With all these taken into account, the Galaxy A70s has a pretty decent selfie camera that can outshine the others in some scenarios as well.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy A70S Review
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.