You can see that the best of the best Windows tablet in India are not that popular as people think of tablets as an unconventional devices to work with. But, in reality, the Tablets are really good at handling the work you throw at them, and they are as strong in performance as your conventional laptops, but the only difference is that they are sleek in design and lightweight. With the advancement in technology, Tablets are becoming lighter and sleek day by day without compromising performance. Tablets tend to be more portable than your laptops, and you can say that it is a hybrid of an Apple iPad with the operating software of Microsofts’s Windows 11 or Windows 10.
You will find a wide range of Windows-based Tablets in India, but how much your need will determine whether you should go for the entry-level Windows Tablets or the high-end ones. In this article, we will give you the best guidance on which Windows-based Tablet will suit you the best and the advantages and disadvantages of these laptops.
|1||Microsoft Surface Pro 8||₹1,29,999|
|2||ThinkPad X12 Detachable||₹1,31,047|
|3||Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet||₹1,35,000|
|4||GCTO [Semi-Custom] Latitude 7320||₹1,47,694|
|5||Microsoft Surface Pro X||₹97,290|
What is the ideal size of the Windows Tablet screen?
We have a wide range of iPads that comes in different sizes, processor, prices, storage, and whatnot, but when it comes to Windows tablet, there is no single perfect fit that is tailored according to your needs.
There are the entry-level Windows Tablets that are small in size and are purely made for infotainment like watching Netflix and whatnot. But these types of Tablets are very low on power and have small storage. Ultimately, you think twice before investing in such low-end Windows tablets as they are ideal for kids and elders in your family for their entertainment but cannot be ideal for work-related usage.
We also have the big screen models with 13+ inches frame that can have a stylus provided with them. So, you can use it for navigating through the main menu for whatever work you require it for. These stylus enable Tablets to give the best feeling of user interface and user experience as they are well-rounded machines and can handle all sorts of work from your data processing to graphic designing as well.
In the end, we have the high-end premium level Windows Tablets that are designed in a way wherein you can throw any sort of work at it, and it will be able to process it with ease. With Dell’s Latitude series, Lenovo’s ThinkPad series, and Microsoft’s Surface Pros series in the market, we can say that all these series do fall under the ambit of high-end premium-level Windows Tablets.
Windows Tablet and their CPUs
The price at which you will find an entry-level Windows Tablet in that same range, you can easily land a power-packed laptop for yourself, but it all comes down to your needs and requirement and which one would be ideal for you to buy and what kind of processor do you see in your device as per your working needs.
Intel’s basic Celeron and Pentium processors are some great choices for someone who is looking for a Tablet that can handle basic data processing. Since these processors are good at power saving, prolonged usage of such processors-based-Windows Tablet will not heat up your device that easily.
With Intel’s good performance processors like the Core series that require a lot of power to function well, you can expect the Windows-based tablet powered with such processors to heat up easily, but if we keep the heating issue aside, you still are getting a lot of power and performance as well. The main issue that comes with powerful processors is that they are very expensive compared to laptops.
You will also find a few Windows-based tablets that are not using Intel-based processors. AMD and Snapdragon-based processors are great alternatives in the Windows Tablet, and you will find such options mostly in Microsofts high-end Windows Tablet.
Loaded with Features
Once you are sure of which processor will suit your needs, then we look into the features that are needed in a Windows tablet. With Tablets having the same sort of sensors as a smartphone, you can expect a new and immersive interactive experience with the Windows tablets with sensors like the Magnetometer and GPS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Barometer and other sensors as well.
You will also find some Windows-based tablets that have facial recognition systems that can also be found on your Apple iPads. Windows has a Windows Hello that has an authentication system that utilizes the tablet’s camera specially configured for near-infrared (IR) imaging to authenticate and unlock the Windows tablet.
When it comes to connectivity, there are a few Windows-based tablets that have the same set of network connectivity that you will find in smartphones these days. You can find 5G and LTE connectivity compatible tablets in the market as well, which is something that you won’t even find on a high-end laptop.
Be on the lookout for a convertible hybrid
If you are used to having the feel and touch of a conventional laptop and do not want to lose on the keyboard setup, then there is a range of Windows Tablet that is a hybrid between your tablet and conventional laptops so that you can use them as a standard laptop and as a tablet as well.
Switching from a tablet to a laptop will be a seamless transition for you, but the only cause of concern may be heat dispensation as the tablets tend to heat up, and you can use them to their best by placing them on a surface like a conventional laptop. The edge that the Windows-based tablets have over the Windows-based laptops is the portability as you can easily take it anywhere, and to add a cherry to it, you also get the touch screen that makes the experience more immersive as well.
Which Windows-based tablet to look out for?
In this article, we have compiled a list of the best Windows-based laptops available out there in the market.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
The Windows tablet by Microsoft is one of the best selling models known for heavy duty taksking and is loaded with the latest Intel 11th Generation processor.
You get a dedicated charging through USB charge mechanism along with additional benefits like dedicated bandwidth in form of Thunderbolt 4 ports and WiFi 6.
The weight is quite considerable and can be easily carried by working professional and students. It is topped with latest features that one cannot stop looking for an amazing experience like its enhanced memory, battery life,and an incredible 13-inch display.
Also Read: Here’s How To Get Zee5 Membership For Free!
|Display||33cms (13-inches) 16:9 ratio; Touchscreen WiFi tablet|
|Processor||11th Generation Intel Core|
|Memory||128GB Memory | 128GB RAM|
|Graphics Card||Intel 8GB, integrated|
- The built in dual speakers are quite amazing that comes with 2W stereo speaker and gives an excellent sound.
- Enhanced memory space that gives a boost to some heavy duty task and multi tasking.
- Screen size is quite considerable for the users.
- You do not get fingerprint scanner for additional security in the tablet.
- Quite expensive and may not be affordable for target audience like students who may look for a more affordable alternative with similar feature.
- 5G is optional and not a standard option.
2. ThinkPad X12 Detachable
This power-packed laptop comes with a detachable keyboard, and you can use it both as a laptop and tablet as per your need. It comes powered by Intel processors and the high-end Windows 10 Pro Edition.
This table is highly useful for people who are into the arts and designing as you can do sketching, make digital arts, do photo and video editing and whatnot. This tablet is a great alternative for business laptops as you can do your office work seamlessly on this device, and with enhanced security and amazing power, making it one of the best Windows tablet in India for professionals in their respective fields.
|Display||31.24cms (12.3) FHD+ (1920×1280) IPS, Anti Reflection/Anti Smudge, 400nits peak brightness, 100% sRGB, Multitouch, Gorilla Glass 5|
|Processor||11th Generation Intel Core i3-1110G4 Processor (2 Cores / 4 Threads, 2.50 GHz, up to 3.90 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 MB Cache)|
|Memory||8 GB LPDDR4X 4266MHz|
|Graphics Card||Integrated Intel UHD Graphics|
- This laptop comes with the scratch-resistant and breakproof Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which makes this tablet a very durable package.
- 400 nits peak brightness is great on a sunny day when you are out and want to see the display clearly.
- It comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 vPro version, which is the best in class Bluetooth, so you can connect to other Bluetooth devices within a sec or two.
- 12.3-inches is a small screen for such an expensive tablet.
- It doesn’t come with a 2K screen resolution (2048 x 1536 pixels) at such a price range.
- Not the latest generation of Intel Processor(11th Gen) in this tablet(12th Gen is the latest one right now in the market).
- Underpowered as it comes with Intel Core i3 (11th Gen) at such a price range.
3. Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet
This is one of a kind tablet and will be the ideal choice for frequent travellers to harsh weather conditions as it is custom-built to withstand a lot of harsh conditions with ease. Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme can easily absorb a 4-feet drop, can withstand working at temperatures between -28°C to 62°C with ease, comes equipped with the waterproof IP-65 rating and can easily withstand any sort of dusty, dirty and high moisture weather.
It also comes with a dual battery system, and you can swap the discharged one with a fully charged one without the need of shutting down this tablet.
It comes powered by Intel processors and has a USB 3.1 (Gen 2) C-Type port for fast data transfer.
This tablet is ideal in places where you are in a bad network zone as the GPS roof-mounted high-gain antennas in it can look for signals in a wide spectrum with ease, summing it up to be one of the best Windows tablet in India.
|Display||11.6-inch, FHD 1920 x 1080 @60 Hz, 1000 Nits peak brightness for Outdoor-Readability, Anti-Glare, Anti-Smudge, Polarizer, Glove-Capable|
Touchscreen with 10-point touch support
|-8th Generation Intel Core i7-8665U, 8 MB Cache, 4 Core, 1.90 GHz to 4.80 GHz, vPro|
-8th Generation Intel Core i5-8365U, 6 MB Cache, 4 Core, 1.60 GHz to 4.10 GHz, vPro
-8th Generation Intel Core i3-8145U, 4 MB Cache, 2 Core, 2.10 GHz to 3.90 GHz
|Memory||8GB or 16GB LPDDR3, 2133 MHz|
|Graphics Card||Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620|
- This tablet comes with a real solid build and is ideal for people living in harsh weather and operating their tablets outdoors in such places.
- It has the best-in-class 1000 nits peak brightness, which we think is the highest we have ever heard on a device’s display.
- The Stylus is custom built and goes by the name of Rugged Active Pen, which is made to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Heavy to carry around.
- It comes with a powerful options like the Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 processors but not the latest technology as it still has the 8th Gen processors in it while the market is providing 12th Gen Intel processors in the market right now.
4. GCTO [Semi-Custom] Latitude 7320 Detachable Laptop
The Dell GCTO [Semi-Custom] Latitude 7320 comes with a New ExpressConnect technology that lets you automatically bind to the most powerful access point nearby you to ensure optimal connectivity. It also has Intel’s Adaptix Technology which will ensure the necessary apps open up quickly so that you do not lag with your work.
The most amazing feature of this tablet would be Intel’s Context Sensing Technology, which allows the tablet to notice your movement around the tablet, and then the tablet will turn on and log you in via face recognition and Windows Hello.
This laptop comes with an Express Charge system where you can get a 35 to 40 per cent charge from 0 per cent in about 20 minutes and an 80 per cent charge in 60 mins if you charge it from 0 per cent, making it one of the best Windows tablet in India.
Also read: Is It Safe To Buy Phone From Cashify?
|Display||13″ 3:2 FHD+ (1920 x 1280) Touch, 500 nits peak brightness with Super Low Power, Low Blue Light, Gorilla Glass 6 DX, Mic|
|-11th Gen Intel Core i7-1180G7, vPro(12 MB cache, 4 cores, 8 threads, 2.20 to 4.60 GHz Turbo)|
-11th Gen Intel Core i5-1130G7 (8 MB cache, 4 cores, 8 threads, 1.80 GHz to 4.00 GHz Turbo)
-11th Gen Intel Core i5-1140G7, vPro(8 MB cache, 4 cores, 8 threads, 1.80 to 4.20 GHz Turbo)
|Memory||16 GB, LPDDR4X, 4267 MHz, integrated|
|-Intel Iris graphics for I5-1130G7 Processor with 8 GB memory|
-Intel Iris graphics for I5-1140G7 vPro Processor with 8 GB memory OR Intel Iris graphics for I5-1140G7 vPro Processor with 16 GB memory
-Intel Iris graphics for I7-1180G7 vPro Processor with 16 GB memory
- The aluminium finish gives it a premium look. It is an ideal tablet for professionals.
- It comes with a Temporal Noise Reduction feature which ensures that you get the best noise cancellation while you are in a meeting or an online call.
- It comes with the best in class scratch-resistant and breakproof Corning Gorilla Glass 6DX, making it one of the strongest and best Windows tablet in India.
- 500 nits of peak brightness is great for using this tablet outdoors.
- It comes with Windows 11 Pro Edition.
- TÜV Rheinland certified means the best security measure adherence and capabilities of products, managing systems, manufacturing operations, and personnel, making it one of the best built Windows tablet in India.
- Not the latest generation of Intel Processor(11th Gen) in this tablet(12th Gen is the latest one right now in the market)
- You need to splurge out a big amount of money to get the basics of accessories with it, like a detachable keyboard, Stylus, etc.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro X
The MS Surface Pro X is one of the best Windows tablet in India for people who use Photoshop as it is optimised for such users. It comes with an optional LTE3 connectivity option as well.
The processors in both the ‘Surface Pro X’ and ‘Pro X LTE Advanced Pro’ are designed by the leading smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm, and they are some really powerful processors that can compete for head to head with your Intel processors.
Microsoft Surface Pro Signature Keyboard portrays a standard laptop keyboard, complete with a maximum process row and has a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys as well, making it one of the best Windows tablet in India for business professionals.
|Display||Screen: 13” PixelSense Display|
Resolution: 2880×1920 (267 PPI)
Aspect ratio: 3:2
Touch: 10 point multi-touch
|-Microsoft SQ 1|
-Microsoft SQ 2
|-8GB LPDDR4x RAM|
-16GB LPDDR4x RAM
|-Microsoft SQ 1 Adreno 685 GPU|
-Microsoft SQ 2 Adreno 690 GPU
- Exquisite hardware configuration.
- Weightless and mobile.
- Up to 15 hours of battery life which is the best in class.
- Still, few apps have compatibility problems with it.
- No 5G connectivity. Only LTE3 connectivity with it.
Conclusion: Best Windows Tablet
We hope that our list of Windows-based laptops have made you think about opting for such a device rather than your conventional laptops.
Also read: How To Remove Gmail Account from Phone?
Law Graduate with knack for keeping up with latest technology news.