Do you want to know how to remove a Gmail account from your phone, including your Google account? We’ll go over what to do in each of these instances in this article. Since this process differs differently for desktop and mobile users, we’ve created distinct step-by-step guides for each. There are a variety of reasons why you would want to delete your Gmail account. If you have an embarrassing username or receive too many spam mails, you may want to start over. You could also consider moving to a different email provider entirely. Whatever the reason, you’ll learn how to achieve your goal today.
Also read: Best Second Hand iPhone Deals On Cashify
Steps to remove a Gmail account from an android phone
Any Android smartphone can effortlessly remove a Gmail account. It’s worth noting, however, that if you delete the Google account you used to sign in, all of your information will be removed from your Android phone. As a result, here’s a step-by-step guide to remove a Gmail account from your Android phone:
- Go to the Settings app on your phone and tap it. Go over to Accounts and select it. Tap Users & Accounts or Passwords & Accounts if you don’t see Accounts. The language varies depending on the phone model.
- Select the account you’d like to delete.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Remove account. You’ll be prompted to confirm your decision. After you confirm, the account will be deleted.
Caution for Android users
Since most Android apps are related to the Google Play Store, users of Android devices must have an active Google account. As a result, if you delete your Gmail account, you won’t be able to access the Google Play Store or any of your Gmail-connected apps. Before you do this on an Android smartphone, make sure you definitely must remove your Gmail account.
Whatever your reason for uninstalling the Gmail app from your smartphone – and whether you’re using an Android or iOS device (or if you need to do it remotely) – rest assured that there are measures you can take to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Steps to remove Gmail account from an iPhone
If you no longer need to use a Gmail account on your iPhone or iPad, you can now easily remove it. You may have added the Gmail account for Apple’s apps in Settings. You can remove your Gmail account from your phone by following the instructions below:
- To get started, open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, select the Menu option.
- Next, navigate to the Manage Accounts section.
- At the top of the app, select Edit.
- On the account, you wish to delete, tap the Remove button.
- When it asks for confirmation, simply choose to remove a second time.
- Finally, you’ll be able to remove your Gmail account from your phone successfully.
Also read: Best BGMI Clans To Join In India
When you remove a Gmail account from your Android phone, the account’s access is simply removed from that device. Later, simply login into your Google account on your Android phone to recover it. It’s worth noting, too, that if you delete the account from your phone, all of the information on the device would be lost. This means you won’t be able to see items like emails, contacts, settings, app data, and more that are synchronised with the account. As a result, backing up all of your data before deleting the account from your smartphone is always a good idea.
Also read: What is Router: Everything You Need To Know
Key points to know before you remove your Gmail account
- There’s no going back once you’ve completed all of the steps (well, nearly – see “Can you recover a deleted Gmail account?” below). You won’t be able to send or receive emails since all of your emails and account information will be lost. Furthermore, you and no one else will be able to select the same username.
- When you remove your Gmail account permanently, it does not instantly delete your Google account as well. You’ll be able to use Photos, Drive, and other services as usual.
- This email has probably been used to register at least a handful of your accounts. You might not be able to access those accounts once it’s gone.
- You’ve undoubtedly signed up for a few services with this Gmail account. You won’t be able to recover the password if you forget it.
- You may effortlessly download your emails with Google Takeout before you terminate the account. If you use IMAP, keep in mind that only locally saved emails will be retained. All synchronised folders will vanish, much like your New Year’s resolutions.
A creative writer and an artist by heart! I discovered writing as a way to express myself in ways I wouldn't otherwise be able to. I felt I was losing myself, but somewhere between commas and rhythmic parameters, I rediscovered myself.