Digital payment systems such as Apple Pay are gradually replacing cash and bank cards. Apple Pay allows you to make payments quickly and securely in stores, restaurants, applications, online, and more. On your supported device, here’s how to set up and use Apple Pay.
However, if you want to know the reason behind Apple Pay not working in India, check this article-
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay was first launched in 2014. This is a digital wallet and payment system that can be used on various devices that run on iOS. Apple Pay is a contactless payment system that works with Apple products. It was created to shift people away from carrying actual wallets and toward a world where your debit and credit cards are stored on your iPhone or Apple Watch, allowing you to pay with your device rather than a card.
- Enabled by NFC
- Reliable authentication with Touch ID or Face ID
- It is available in over 60 countries.
- Accepted in millions of stores throughout the world.
- Offers payments between individuals in the United States
Apple Pay is currently available in several countries across the world. Apple Pay works with all iOS devices that have a Secure Element. This secure element is basically an industry-standard, certified chip for securely storing payment information. To authorise the payment on macOS, users must have an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Watch or a Mac with Touch ID. Finally, Apple Pay works with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch on all Macs with Touch ID, as well as Mac models released in 2012 or later.
How to set up Apple Pay?
When attempting to connect your card information to Apple Pay in India, the first question to consider is if your card supports the feature. In order to use the contactless payment function, your bank or card issuer must support Apple Pay. Check the Apple website for a complete list to verify if your card is compatible. The number of card issuers supported varies greatly based on your country. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone once you’ve checked that your card is supported. Make sure you’re using an Apple ID to log in. Then take the following steps:
- In the upper right-hand corner, tap the addition (+) sign.
- Then, select the type of card you want to use with Apple Pay. You can also add several types of transport cards to your credit or debit card.
- Next, place the card on a flat surface, then scan and import the data with your iPhone’s camera. You can also manually enter the card number and expiration date.
- The card information will be uploaded to the Wallet app once your card issuer has verified it.
For added security, you’ll have to enter your card information again on an Apple Watch after attaching it to an iPhone. To do so, launch the companion Watch app and go to the My Watch menu, where you’ll see Wallet & Apple Pay. Then choose Add Card from the drop-down menu.
Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card to add a card to your iPad. The rest of the procedure is identical to that of the iPhone.
Setting up Apple Pay on a Mac is similar since you’ll need to enter your credit or debit card information to make online purchases.
Also read: Is It Safe To Sell Phone On Cashify?
How to pay using Apple Pay in India?
- In order to utilise your default card, follow these steps:
- Double-click the side button if your iPhone has Face ID. To open Apple Wallet, authenticate with Face ID or enter your passcode if required.
- Double-click the Home button on your iPhone if it has Touch ID.
- To switch to another card, tap your default card to reveal your other options. Authenticate by tapping a new card.
- Hold your iPhone near the contactless reader until you see the message Done with a checkmark appear on the screen.
Using Apple Watch
- Double-click the side button to activate it.
- Instantly, your default card appears. To select a different card, scroll down.
- Hold your Apple Watch near the contactless reader until you hear a beep and feel a soft tap.
What happens if you misplace your iPhone or Apple Watch?
Losing your iPhone or Watch is traumatic enough, but with Apple Pay, it’s even more so. Since every transaction requires your fingerprint, face, or passcode, whoever finds your iPhone will be unable to make any purchases unless they have your passcode. They’ll see your billing address and the last four numbers of your stored cards, but nothing else.
Find My app can be used to place your device in Lost Mode from another iOS device. This will secure everything, including Apple Pay and Wallet info, and prevent others from accessing it. You can also use the Find My app to totally wipe your iPhone clean.
Also read: How To Add Digital Signature In Word?
Is Apple Pay safe and reliable?
Yes. Apple claims that it does not record transaction details or credit card data on its servers, although it does keep track of your most recent transactions in the Wallet app.
It enables you to make quick, safe, and private purchases in stores, applications, and online. Apple Pay is a safer and more secure method to pay than using actual credit, debit, or prepaid cards since it is designed with your security and privacy in mind.
To further protect your transactions, Apple Pay uses security measures inherent to your device’s hardware and software. It would be best if you also had a passcode and Face ID or Touch ID enabled on your device to use Apple Pay. You can choose between a simple passcode and a more difficult passcode for added security.
Apple Pay is also built to keep your personal data safe. The original credit, debit, or prepaid card numbers you use with Apple Pay are not stored or accessible by Apple. When you use Apple Pay with a credit or debit card, Apple doesn’t keep any transaction information that can be traced back to you; instead, your transactions are handled by you, the retailer or developer, and your bank or card issuer.